(Topic ID: 15815)

First pin help...

By Matt1724

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt1724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Hello Pinside, this is my first post and I'm looking for advise. Tomorrow I pick up my first pin and I've got the choice between rescuing a Twilight Zone or a Adams Family pin from a street. Each for the same price and each in used average condition.

I see both pins are in the top ten in pinside ratings, but while reading the user reviews two words keep popping up.. Twilight Zone seems to frustrate people, but then they learn to love it.... while Adams Family's the buzz word is just "fun".

I know this is will eventually just come down to my personal preference, but that's my problem I'm not drawn to one more than the other. Twilight seems like it might need a little more love condition wise but both are far from mint. Also, what would these machine draw in what I'd consider fair condition?

#4 11 years ago

Thanks, I'm still not sure which I'll buy yet..

Lord of the rings and Theatre of Magic always call my name... maybe I should hold out and try to score one of those... buying ur first pin is suppose to be fun not stressfull..

#7 11 years ago

TigerLaw, I just signed up today and threw that in my collection as i was pretty certain that was going to be my pick. Then of course the doubt started to creep in...lol

After playing some emulators and watching some video's... i have to agree with everyone that I can't go wrong with either pick. I'd love to travel to Vegas and play them all.. but that's just not an option at the moment. The wife already thinks I've lost it....maybe I've lost it in the zone. HA!

#9 11 years ago

I went with the Twilight Zone today... it came down to which theme I loved more. The mods available are down right cool too, thank everyone for the advise and the welcome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 14.95
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt1724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-help?tu=Matt1724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.