• Latest reply 10 years ago by mjs2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3068.JPG
FT.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjs2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So I finally bought my first pin, Fish Tales, three weeks ago and wanted to give thanks to all for the info I was able to get from this site, including finding the person I bought the machine from. Game plays great, no playfield wear, but I have done slight adjustments to the machine; ramp to reel alignment so the balls dont get hung up; flipper adjustments; and unplugged the fish so it does not scare the heck out of the dog (and me) every time it flaps.

I have a box coming today with replacement bulbs, ground braid wire (to jump where it was cut in 2 spots), new topper dome (cracked it when putting the legs on and the shrinkwrap tore and the head came crashing to the ground) new rubbers, some Novus 2 and mill wax. Wish me good times tonight/tomorrow that all works when I am done.

- MJS

FT.jpgFT.jpg

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Great! Welcome to the addiction. One recommendation though.. dont let the Millwax set foot in your house. (do a search)..
Unless you have space restraints you will be looking for #2 in no time!

Carnauba wax it will be then. Thanks.

#12 10 years ago

Thanks all. yes, great game and hard as heck, expecially with the lightning flippers, should keep me busy for a long time. And yes luckily for me I do have space and money constrictions so until i can convince the wife to take one of the dressers out of the spare room or I get rid of my Brunswick Gold Crown 1 (not happening) this will be my only, for now.

#35 10 years ago

Thanks for all the great words out there. Me and wife played about 2 hours last night and she got her name up for the most lies and she was super excited. We have a long way before 1.38B but hopefully one day. Started taking sections off last night to start cleaning the playfield and replacing the rubbers but got a little too drunk so will hopefully finish before weekends end.

-cheers to all.

#43 10 years ago

If a brunswick gold crown is a pool table, you might as well list it on craigslist now.....3 pins could fit there! I USED to have a 125 gallon fishtank and a fooseball table in my basement...buh bye once the pin bug bit

Yes that is a pool table and I will get rid of dining room table before I ever get rid of that pool table... from picture you can see why.

I am actually having some difficulty on the long cast does not always registering, It will register on the opening skill shot, but during a ball (when long cast is lit) or feeding frenzy it only registers 1 of maybe 3 times? I pulled off and reconnected the wire... any suggestions?

- Thanks.

IMG_3068.JPGIMG_3068.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 169.00
12,500 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mjs2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-fish-tales?tu=mjs2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.