• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3068.JPG
FT.jpg

#1 10 years ago

So I finally bought my first pin, Fish Tales, three weeks ago and wanted to give thanks to all for the info I was able to get from this site, including finding the person I bought the machine from. Game plays great, no playfield wear, but I have done slight adjustments to the machine; ramp to reel alignment so the balls dont get hung up; flipper adjustments; and unplugged the fish so it does not scare the heck out of the dog (and me) every time it flaps.

I have a box coming today with replacement bulbs, ground braid wire (to jump where it was cut in 2 spots), new topper dome (cracked it when putting the legs on and the shrinkwrap tore and the head came crashing to the ground) new rubbers, some Novus 2 and mill wax. Wish me good times tonight/tomorrow that all works when I am done.

- MJS

FT.jpgFT.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Great machine! Congrats on your first! Looks like it has very little fade too, which is really rare for FT.

#3 10 years ago

Great! Welcome to the addiction. One recommendation though.. dont let the Millwax set foot in your house. (do a search)..

Unless you have space restraints you will be looking for #2 in no time!

#4 10 years ago

Sweet looking fishtales, i been looking for one of them for a few months with no luck.... probably need to change my lure! Listen to these guys on the board i didnt think i was gonna get more then one and now im 3 in under 3 months and looking for my 4th. Again welcome to the board and to the hobby!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Great! Welcome to the addiction. One recommendation though.. dont let the Millwax set foot in your house. (do a search)..
Unless you have space restraints you will be looking for #2 in no time!

Carnauba wax it will be then. Thanks.

#6 10 years ago

Love that game..The only game I ever sold and repurchased!

#7 10 years ago

Carnauba is what i use also.

#8 10 years ago

Great first game! Congrats.

#9 10 years ago

Congrats! As metioned, welcome to the addiction.

#10 10 years ago

Nice score. Love mine, welcome to the madness.

#11 10 years ago

Thats a great first pin. I love playing mine,just good fun.
Congrats

#12 10 years ago

Thanks all. yes, great game and hard as heck, expecially with the lightning flippers, should keep me busy for a long time. And yes luckily for me I do have space and money constrictions so until i can convince the wife to take one of the dressers out of the spare room or I get rid of my Brunswick Gold Crown 1 (not happening) this will be my only, for now.

#13 10 years ago

Congrats, great Pin...

#14 10 years ago

Great pick for your first pin!!!

#15 10 years ago

It's not very hard once you've had it for awhile. Just avoid the center death shots. I played mostly just to get Supers...check out my highscore on my profile for something to shoot for. Mine is sold now, but it's still one of my fave games.

#16 10 years ago

Classic game...congrats!

#17 10 years ago

FT was my first too. Congrats on a super game.

#18 10 years ago

There will be more machines to come welcome to the hobby

#19 10 years ago

Wish that was the first one I scored on.Nice looking cabinet from the pics.Welcome to the addiction

#20 10 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the disease I would love a FT seems like a fun game but have never played it.

#21 10 years ago

Enjoy.It's a fun game.

#22 10 years ago

FT was my first keeper!

#23 10 years ago

Great game congrats! Video mode is a real blast.

#24 10 years ago

Congrats on your first pin. And a excellent on at that.

#25 10 years ago

Every one of us remember that first pin. Walking into the room and thinking "Holy Crap, there is a pinball machine... In my house!" It is a great time. It doesn't matter what game it is, it just matters it is a pin. Enjoy the games you will be playing on it.

#26 10 years ago

Ahhh, most excellent choice, my friend! It was also my first back in 2006. Many other pins have come and gone since, but I still have this one!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Rocketrob:

Sweet looking fishtales, i been looking for one of them for a few months with no luck.... probably need to change my lure! Listen to these guys on the board i didnt think i was gonna get more then one and now im 3 in under 3 months and looking for my 4th. Again welcome to the board and to the hobby!

theres one for sale in philly if you dont mind the road trip

#28 10 years ago

Great game, Easily one of the best games from the 90's, You will love it!

#29 10 years ago

Just scored 1.388B on mine tonight

#30 10 years ago

Well done! FT is a ideal starter pin. FT was my first game as well back in 2009. The only game that I have sold and have ended up wanting another.

This time it's going to be a nice example like the OP's with a topper and unfaded cabinet.

#31 10 years ago

Top of my wish list!!!! I want one bad!!!! Congrats!!!!

#32 10 years ago

FT was my first game I bought too. Big congrats and enjoy!

#33 10 years ago

Not playing many 90's pins the thread title made me think of fish tales in a fisherman sense. Thought you were going to reminisce about how great your first pin was and how it was "this" big. Either way, congrats! It's a great feeling to go from wanting a pin to actually getting one.

#34 10 years ago

Be warned, these machines will procreate. Fully expect your current collection of one to no last long...

Full Disclosure: I started a month ago and am up to 2 machines already)

#35 10 years ago

Thanks for all the great words out there. Me and wife played about 2 hours last night and she got her name up for the most lies and she was super excited. We have a long way before 1.38B but hopefully one day. Started taking sections off last night to start cleaning the playfield and replacing the rubbers but got a little too drunk so will hopefully finish before weekends end.

-cheers to all.

#36 10 years ago

Congratulations on getting your first pin!
I also just got Fish Tales as my first DMD machine.

Sorry for a bit of thread hijack, but I have a question for FT owners :

When new ball is inserted into plunger lane and when starting a game, there are always 3 distinct knocks heard from some kind of coil most likely going off (its relatively quiet though). Might be the gate one at the top of the playfield. Is this normal? I have disconnected the fish topper in the back box. There are no errors reported in the test.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Bole909:

Congratulations on getting your first pin!
I also just got Fish Tales as my first DMD machine.
Sorry for a bit of thread hijack, but I have a question for FT owners :
When new ball is inserted into plunger lane and when starting a game, there are always 3 distinct knocks heard from some kind of coil most likely going off (its relatively quiet though). Might be the gate one at the top of the playfield. Is this normal? I have disconnected the fish topper in the back box. There are no errors reported in the test.

Nope not normal..

#38 10 years ago

If a brunswick gold crown is a pool table, you might as well list it on craigslist now.....3 pins could fit there! I USED to have a 125 gallon fishtank and a fooseball table in my basement...buh bye once the pin bug bit

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Nope not normal..

Thanks, I'll try to locate the exact coil. I'm pretty sure its the one that controles the long case gate up in the outer lane close to bumpers. Is it normal for that gate to be open when launching the ball from the plunger? On a ball start, my ball goes straight through the outline to the left flipper.

#40 10 years ago

Yes it should go around the orbit to left flipper for a shot at the casters club lock hole. That's the games skillshot...

#41 10 years ago

Thanks guys. I have one more question about functionality : should drop target be up in front of the casters club or not? When should it go up?

#42 10 years ago

I think the target depends on the difficulty setting. The way mine is set, the target comes up after you have started multiball the first time. When you hit the target, you get a call out that says something like fishing tournament today and you can then lock balls in Caster's club.

#43 10 years ago

If a brunswick gold crown is a pool table, you might as well list it on craigslist now.....3 pins could fit there! I USED to have a 125 gallon fishtank and a fooseball table in my basement...buh bye once the pin bug bit

Yes that is a pool table and I will get rid of dining room table before I ever get rid of that pool table... from picture you can see why.

I am actually having some difficulty on the long cast does not always registering, It will register on the opening skill shot, but during a ball (when long cast is lit) or feeding frenzy it only registers 1 of maybe 3 times? I pulled off and reconnected the wire... any suggestions?

- Thanks.

IMG_3068.JPGIMG_3068.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-fish-tales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.