cherryoh (resized).png
IMG_0301 (resized).JPG
IMG_3051 (resized).JPG
IMG_3050 (resized).JPG
IMG_3113 (resized).PNG
846E363F-2C9E-45B8-BBB0-57A3B7408187-857-0000005C017D0D77 (resized).jpeg
BC1F3EA7-8675-49D7-B815-5488EA475E14-857-0000005BFAFE4543 (resized).jpeg
E0E6FF0E-3344-41A7-BDE5-85367E7C6448-857-0000005BF70B9B47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider farlander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from subruckus:

Damn, looks like someone else picked it up. Now the only two on the list are Buck Roger for 1100 or Gorgar for 1500... both seem pretty overpriced.

Hmmm, I think I know who the "someone else" might be? For whatever it is worth, I did not find out about it from this post.

Subruckus, I am curious how Jim answered your questions about replacing the "rubber kit and waxed the playfield recently, and whether the flippers are strong"? Having just spent 10-20 hours working on the machine, here is my take:
- Some of the rubbers might have been original
- Playfield may have been waxed in the last 20 years (but no guarantee)
- Right flipper was broken

Oh', and did he forget to mention that some of the 6 digit displays were broken?

Depending on how much of a project you were looking for, you may have done well with your Gorgar!

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from subruckus:

Yeah, sounds like you got a bit more of a project than me! I am very new to fixing pins / soldering etc, so glad you beat me to it.
On the phone he said that everything was working besides the top roleover lanes, which he described as registering for points but not 'making any sound.' Is that the case? He also said some bulbs were out.
So he must have been fibbing about the flippers, rubber, and waxing. Either trying to get rid of it quick, or didn't even plug the game in perhaps?
Hope it gets playing smoothly soon!

This is my first pin, so I too am a bit new to this. Fortunately, I am familiar with basic electrical and mechanical repair, so this has been a fun challenge so far.

The top roleover lanes were indeed not making sounds. Turns out the chime box had a stuck plunger. Once I figured that out, it was fairly easy to fix. Most of the 'out' bulbs are actually bad sockets (which would appear to be common for this era of Bally machines). Replacing a bulb is cheap and easy. Fixing or replacing the socket is a bit more work...

Was he "fibbing"? Well... I guess it is all how you look at it. The flipper action was strong, (he just left out the minor detail that it was also cracked and broken). The rubbers were arguably in good shape for being 20+ years old (which to most of us would be, not too good).

It is all coming together. I have a few more parts on order, but it already plays well! If you find yourself in the Castro Valley area, look me up and I will let you try it out.
Here is a pic of it setup in my basement:
Farlander's Eight BallFarlander's Eight Ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 99.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider farlander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-bally-eight-ball-77-ss?tu=farlander and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.