You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31c660f624f7fc717168aace21d4904b650a0f79 (resized).jpg
Spin-A-Card-Gottlieb-1969.backglass-600x480 (resized).png

#1 4 years ago

Hi everyone!

I've been a long time lurker of this site and a relatively recent inductee into the world of pinball. I played them as a kid in the 90's but was much more into video games at the time. As I've grown older and (somewhat) matured, I find that pinball is actually a lot more fun to me now for a variety of reasons. Well, today's the day - I bought my first pinball machine!!! I simply cannot contain my excitement and felt it would be a good time to make my first thread on Pinside as well. I pick it up tomorrow, but it is a Gottlieb Spin-A-Card for $400. It's in kinda rough condition but he says it works great. I am ecstatic to be finally owning my own coin-operated machine, a lifelong dream of mine.

Wanted to say hi to you all and introduce myself, glad to be becoming a part of the ranks !!!!!!!!!!

Spin-A-Card-Gottlieb-1969.backglass-600x480 (resized).pngSpin-A-Card-Gottlieb-1969.backglass-600x480 (resized).png
#2 4 years ago

Welcome my friend to the wonderful world of Pinball !

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Congrats! I hope it is the first of many for you.

#4 4 years ago

Welcome also the more you get in too pinball the more you want like the rest of us enjoy

#5 4 years ago

Congrats cyber.

Are you gonna go to any pinball festivals/expos in 2020?

Do u plan to focus mainly on e-m pins, or will consider getting machines from different decades?

#6 4 years ago

Welcome to Pinside! Btw please do us all a favor and donate. This will allow you to fully enjoy membership and be verified.

#8 4 years ago

Welcome and prepare to make more room for games. They will multiply.

#9 4 years ago

Good first pin. Now, hit the start button in a dark room, and just stare at it.....simple pleasure in life!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Welcome my friend to the wonderful world of Pinball !
LTG : )

Thank you! Feels great ❤️

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Congrats! I hope it is the first of many for you.

Thank you, I hope so, just need more space and more money lol

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Welcome also the more you get in too pinball the more you want like the rest of us enjoy

I can definitely see that, I feel the addiction setting in

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Congrats cyber.
Are you gonna go to any pinball festivals/expos in 2020?
Do u plan to focus mainly on e-m pins, or will consider getting machines from different decades?

Thank you and I appreciate the questions! I'm strongly considering going to Arcade Expo 2020 in Banning, CA. I went a few years ago and it was an unforgettable experience. How about you? Nah I plan for this to probably be my only EM pin, it was mainly just a good starter machine for a pretty good price. My main interest is in either DMDs from the 90s or something new in box. I'll need to save considerable money for that though. Idk how some of y'all do it and have so many! A guy can dream... Hehe. What do you focus on?

#14 4 years ago

Welcome to the obsession!

#15 4 years ago

Great interchangeable hobby. I was convinced new was only way to go lately, then just yesterday bought a scared stiff. Now I want eatpm to go with it! Lookin at lots of o km der titles now

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

Thank you and I appreciate the questions! I'm strongly considering going to Arcade Expo 2020 in Banning, CA. I went a few years ago and it was an unforgettable experience. How about you? Nah I plan for this to probably be my only EM pin, it was mainly just a good starter machine for a pretty good price. My main interest is in either DMDs from the 90s or something new in box. I'll need to save considerable money for that though. Idk how some of y'all do it and have so many! A guy can dream... Hehe. What do you focus on?

Mainly I just go to Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo, and the Texas Pinball Festival (N of Dallas), but have missed them both lately due to work schedule conflicts. Quite fun hanging out w/ friends doing pinball all weekend at those big events.
Went to SFGE-Atl one day yrs back during their 1st yr.

My focus lately has been playing in pinball tournaments with friends, helping friends host tournaments, including the annual IFPA Louisiana State Pinball Championship.

I've sold off several machines over the past few yrs. Had up to about 10 machines at one time. Just have 3 currently (70's, 1 e-m, 2 early ss). I like machines from 70's up to 2019 new ones. Cool artwork & music, funny call-outs, plus interesting playfield features & mechanisms are mainly what interests me on pinball machines. Always got into pinball more than video arcade games. I will play some vids at expos/festivals, but never buy them for home.

#17 4 years ago

Congratulations on your first one, and welcome

#18 4 years ago

Welcome and congrats on the first pin!

#19 4 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the addiction. Take your time and get to know your first pin before you venture further, you just may find out Em's are what you like. Looking forward to your future post and discoveries as your disease progresses.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

I can definitely see that, I feel the addiction setting in

Yes for sure bud enjoy many things of the pinball world and your from PA so wait until pinfest in Allan town PA it's great ,new and old pinball machine 300 of them and lots of old and new parts u might need it's a bug alright

Happy flipping bud
Welcome

#21 4 years ago

Welcome aboard! Great first pin, fun game that sounds great.

31c660f624f7fc717168aace21d4904b650a0f79 (resized).jpg31c660f624f7fc717168aace21d4904b650a0f79 (resized).jpg
#22 4 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Welcome to Pinside! Btw please do us all a favor and donate. This will allow you to fully enjoy membership and be verified.

That's definitely something I planned on doing soon! Plus it bypasses the reply limit it says, cause I'm running out of posts replying to everyone lol

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Good first pin. Now, hit the start button in a dark room, and just stare at it.....simple pleasure in life!

You said it Budman, that's one of the first things I did. It's truly beautiful.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Welcome aboard! Great first pin, fun game that sounds great.[quoted image]

Thank you for the welcome. What a beautiful machine you've got there!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes for sure bud enjoy many things of the pinball world and your from PA so wait until pinfest in Allan town PA it's great ,new and old pinball machine 300 of them and lots of old and new parts u might need it's a bug alright
Happy flipping bud
Welcome

Thanks dude, yeah I want to check out pinburgh if they still do that too.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Congrats and welcome to the addiction. Take your time and get to know your first pin before you venture further, you just may find out Em's are what you like. Looking forward to your future post and discoveries as your disease progresses.

Haha thank you, yeah in a way this is a dip into the waters to learn more about care and maintenance on an actual machine. A LOT to learn but I've got great resources available

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pin-and-first-topic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.