(Topic ID: 232098)

James Bond Pin (Was first picture of Jaws in Stern's upcoming pinball!)

By NeilMcRae

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpg
    Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
    D00E25D0-BB95-4CC6-AB05-8DD0699EEA17 (resized).jpeg
    012ABFF4-AF0D-45B1-BB65-35208E899F43 (resized).jpeg
    bond (resized).jpg
    3e8318dc9e1ce311779f5154307074af--nerd-stuff-funny-stuff (resized).jpg
    All 6 (resized).jpg
    pussy (resized).jpg
    0910-richard-kiel-james-bond-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sweet! Speculation threads have been based upon FAR less.
    OK, so seems to me Bond is a licensing nightmare. I'd guess they'd have to pick ONE Bond and go with it. Craig Bond makes sense as he's the current one.
    But for this aging and doughy demographic, I'm thinking Moore would be the best seller - he was Bond growing up for the 40s-50s crowd. Plus he's pushing up daisies so might be easier to deal with his estate than cranky greedy bastard Sean Connery or pretty boy Remington Steele (who already has his own crappy Stern game).
    Plus, let's face it, Moore has the best Bond car ever, the one that turns into a sub.
    Looking forward to this one!!

Roger Moore had his own Bond pinball too!!!!
    I'd prefer a Roger Moore one for a few reasons... First his films were just more fun. They had more outlandish gadgets and I liked his sense of humor a bit better... Subjective I know... But, also he had more women, and better looking women. One of my favorite b-movie actresses Caroline Munroe even gets blown up by Roger Moore. She was in the Spy Who Loved me for 5 minutes and got blown up after winking at him.

#51 5 years ago

Personally I think the cinematography for On Her Majesty's Sercret Service to just be garbage. The location shooting were just under lit either by wrong film stock or wrong F-Stop being used, or bad processing... Also I found the slow motion to just be garbage during the action sequences and kind of comical in the wrong way.
    Lazenby as Bond, I found boring and not sophisticated, but crude and just dumb... Bond shouldn't read a playboy... He shouldn't need to. My favorite Bond is Roger Moore. The guy just oozed charisma, and I just think Lazenby was a square peg as Bond.
    But, it had good parts and a great concept.
    In fact that death set up lots of good moments for Moore to play off of as Bond.
    Mind you while I love Moore. I think his Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only are two of the very best Bond movies... He does star in the worst one ever, A View to a Kill... That movie is just trash and bad. Moore was too old to be Bond, and it shows. Octopussy wasn't too bad... It just feels stodgy and creaky and old. Moore looked old and the movie just hasn't aged well with him playing backgammon and trying to look hip and suave... And I never liked the clown bit at the end. Still its not a bad movie, just feels old... And of course I do think it took Moore his third try to truly get into his bond character. But, those films were still fun and worth watching, just a little slow at times.

1 week later
    #72 5 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

Probaly the only fan of Diamonds are Forever. Love a bond based on early Roger Moore. Any after a view to a kill they can keep though.

Connery was looking old and out of shape for Diamonds... But, that one had a great car chase sequence... Love the bit when it goes on 2 wheels... Is it an all time great car chase... No, but its a well shot one that is pretty fun and that is how it should be.
    The elevator fight is pretty good as well, and I LOVE Bambi and Thumper. A nice precursor to Xenia Onatop(whom can kill me anytime).
    Plus I really liked the bit where one of Jimmy Dean's employees is shooting at him, and the guy gets shot and killed, and Bond remarks surprise over who it is. And Jimmy Dean is like "Tell him he's fired". That bit always makes me laugh.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I like your idea, pick the Bond you want to play and then must complete modes to defeat all the villains.

That would be cool... Just also need to make sure all the good bond girls are included too. I mean when you complete the mode you should get rewarded with collecting the Bond girls.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-picture-of-jaws-in-stern-s-upcoming-pinball?tu=Diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.