(Topic ID: 232098)

James Bond Pin (Was first picture of Jaws in Stern's upcoming pinball!)

By NeilMcRae

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpg
    Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
    D00E25D0-BB95-4CC6-AB05-8DD0699EEA17 (resized).jpeg
    012ABFF4-AF0D-45B1-BB65-35208E899F43 (resized).jpeg
    bond (resized).jpg
    3e8318dc9e1ce311779f5154307074af--nerd-stuff-funny-stuff (resized).jpg
    All 6 (resized).jpg
    pussy (resized).jpg
    0910-richard-kiel-james-bond-2 (resized).jpg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Personally I think the cinematography for On Her Majesty's Sercret Service to just be garbage. The location shooting were just under lit either by wrong film stock or wrong F-Stop being used, or bad processing... Also I found the slow motion to just be garbage during the action sequences and kind of comical in the wrong way.
    Lazenby as Bond, I found boring and not sophisticated, but crude and just dumb... Bond shouldn't read a playboy... He shouldn't need to. My favorite Bond is Roger Moore. The guy just oozed charisma, and I just think Lazenby was a square peg as Bond.
    But, it had good parts and a great concept.
    In fact that death set up lots of good moments for Moore to play off of as Bond.
    Mind you while I love Moore. I think his Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only are two of the very best Bond movies... He does star in the worst one ever, A View to a Kill... That movie is just trash and bad. Moore was too old to be Bond, and it shows. Octopussy wasn't too bad... It just feels stodgy and creaky and old. Moore looked old and the movie just hasn't aged well with him playing backgammon and trying to look hip and suave... And I never liked the clown bit at the end. Still its not a bad movie, just feels old... And of course I do think it took Moore his third try to truly get into his bond character. But, those films were still fun and worth watching, just a little slow at times.

#52 5 years ago

Roger Moore brought a campy humour to the films that was entirely absent from the books. That said, his films were entertaining and popular...but just got silly after a while. Moonraker was probably the most ridiculous of all. The new pin has to have Craig as Bond, who as well as being the best Bond and most true to character, is also going to be in one more film which could be timed with the pin.
    There are a bunch of James Bond slots that have been released by SciGames over the last year which are based on the old movies, so the license is definitely doing the rounds.

#53 5 years ago

I love Roger Moore, but Moonraker is so horrible. Other than Jaws.

#54 5 years ago

Love and let die folks! “Just browsing”

#55 5 years ago

Bond would be an awesome theme choice and would be another great seller for Stern.

#56 5 years ago

Sixties Connery !! Dude was a freakin stud!

bond (resized).jpgbond (resized).jpg
    #57 5 years ago

Moore or Connery and I'm a buyer.

Not a Craig fan.

#58 5 years ago

It would be the new Bond......

#59 5 years ago

I've been saying this for years... I hope you are right.

#60 5 years ago

I bet it’s neither the new bond nor the old bond...my guess is that it’s James Bondage

012ABFF4-AF0D-45B1-BB65-35208E899F43 (resized).jpeg012ABFF4-AF0D-45B1-BB65-35208E899F43 (resized).jpeg
    #61 5 years ago
    Quoted from wyopin:

I bet it’s neither the new bond nor the old bond...my guess is that it’s James Bondage
    [quoted image]

Just make a Pulp Fiction machine with the Gimp coming out of a box bash toy.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

The story is great but I just cannot get past the dubbed dialog, it's like watching a movie where most of the actor's voices are in English and one is subtitled, only maybe worse.

I know it's supposed to be wonderful but I always hated this movie. Lazenby is awful, Kojak is awful, and as previously pointed out the editing and cinematogrophy is also awful. I love all the night scenes that were obviously filmed in broad daylight.

#63 5 years ago

Wow! Hard to believe. Among the Bond film collectors OHMSS is one of the favorites. For me it's YOLT, Goldfinger, Dr. No and OHMSS.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Wow! Hard to believe. Among the Bond film collectors OHMSS is one of the favorites. For me it's YOLT, Goldfinger, Dr. No and OHMSS.

Goldfinger and Spy Who Loved me for me (which is basically a kickass remake of You Only Live Twice). I also have a soft spot for License to Kill. I don't know why. kickass movie and Dalton is great.

#65 5 years ago

Yes, I like SWLM. Fun film!

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, I like SWLM. Fun film!

Just spell it out for us Ted!

#67 5 years ago

A Bond game with all the bonds would be cool. It would lend itself well to having different films as different modes, and you could also have different bonds that you play as that get different perks affecting your choice of how you play a mission. With a good ruleset I would be interested in a pin like that.

Licensing may be an issue. Too bad the 50th anniversary was in 2012. The 57th Anniversary of James Bond just doesn't have the same ring to it for a pin title.

#68 5 years ago

Whilst this could be 100% real, it also might be one of those 'leaks' Stern are doing to try and figure out where the leaks are!

#69 5 years ago

Probaly the only fan of Diamonds are Forever. Love a bond based on early Roger Moore. Any after a view to a kill they can keep though.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

A Bond game with all the bonds would be cool. It would lend itself well to having different films as different modes, and you could also have different bonds that you play as that get different perks affecting your choice of how you play a mission. With a good ruleset I would be interested in a pin like that.
    Licensing may be an issue. Too bad the 50th anniversary was in 2012. The 57th Anniversary of James Bond just doesn't have the same ring to it for a pin title.

True. But I think the next movie will be the 25th.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

This would be a must have for my wife and I. My mistress isn’t into pinball. Wait. What?

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

Probaly the only fan of Diamonds are Forever. Love a bond based on early Roger Moore. Any after a view to a kill they can keep though.

Connery was looking old and out of shape for Diamonds... But, that one had a great car chase sequence... Love the bit when it goes on 2 wheels... Is it an all time great car chase... No, but its a well shot one that is pretty fun and that is how it should be.
    The elevator fight is pretty good as well, and I LOVE Bambi and Thumper. A nice precursor to Xenia Onatop(whom can kill me anytime).
    Plus I really liked the bit where one of Jimmy Dean's employees is shooting at him, and the guy gets shot and killed, and Bond remarks surprise over who it is. And Jimmy Dean is like "Tell him he's fired". That bit always makes me laugh.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

Love the idea and as a huge Bond fan I’d love to see a game with all the Bonds to choose from, but I can see this being based on the new films & Daniel Craig’s Bond.

Bond is too expansive, there is simply too much material to choose from for a single pin that spans the entire franchise. Roger Sharpe says the same about a possible Harry Potter pin on last weeks TWIP interview.

No matter which Bond or how many Bonds I’ll be on this day 1, there’s nothing bigger than Bond in my house.

#74 5 years ago

I'll be happy as long as I can play with pussy galore.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

HA! I see what you did there...

And like an idiot I’m drawing attention to it.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Love the idea and as a huge Bond fan I’d love to see a game with all the Bonds to choose from, but I can see this being based on the new films & Daniel Craig’s Bond.
    Bond is too expansive, there is simply too much material to choose from for a single pin that spans the entire franchise. Roger Sharpe says the same about a possible Harry Potter pin on last weeks TWIP interview.
    No matter which Bond or how many Bonds I’ll be on this day 1, there’s nothing bigger than Bond in my house.

As a big Bond fan it would be a huge miss if only based on the current. Don’t think I’d buy it

Now, if it’s all eras of Bond I’m in!

#77 5 years ago

If a Bond pin was made I would prefer it to be based on the Connery movies.

I wouldn't mind one based on the Daniel Craig ones either...those follow a single narrative, so that would be cool.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Connery was looking old and out of shape for Diamonds... But, that one had a great car chase sequence... Love the bit when it goes on 2 wheels... Is it an all time great car chase... No, but its a well shot one that is pretty fun and that is how it should be.
    The elevator fight is pretty good as well, and I LOVE Bambi and Thumper. A nice precursor to Xenia Onatop(whom can kill me anytime).
    Plus I really liked the bit where one of Jimmy Dean's employees is shooting at him, and the guy gets shot and killed, and Bond remarks surprise over who it is. And Jimmy Dean is like "Tell him he's fired". That bit always makes me laugh.

"Burt Zaxby?!?!" Everytime I see a sign for a Zaxby's restaurant I qoute that line either out loud or in my head.

I would like to see one where you choose your Bond, similar to Dr. Who but that would then determine your scenes and modes you had to play. However I acknowledge the challenge of integrating that all into one game, particularly with Connery and Moore as there is a LOT of content to work with and you're certain to leave someone's favorite scene out.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

You can turn off the Charm. She’s immune.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

"Burt Zaxby?!?!" Everytime I see a sign for a Zaxby's restaurant I qoute that line either out loud or in my head.
    I would like to see one where you choose your Bond, similar to Dr. Who but that would then determine your scenes and modes you had to play. However I acknowledge the challenge of integrating that all into one game, particularly with Connery and Moore as there is a LOT of content to work with and you're certain to leave someone's favorite scene out.

I like your idea, pick the Bond you want to play and then must complete modes to defeat all the villains.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

I like your idea, pick the Bond you want to play and then must complete modes to defeat all the villains.

That would be cool... Just also need to make sure all the good bond girls are included too. I mean when you complete the mode you should get rewarded with collecting the Bond girls.

1 year later
    #82 3 years ago

If Bond is gonna be one of Sterns next pins, i would do anything LEGAL to acquire the pin!!!

8 months later
    #83 3 years ago

no Mr Bond I expect your to die!!!!

#84 3 years ago

I’m so excited to lock my balls in Jaws mouth, in a completely non gay way!

D00E25D0-BB95-4CC6-AB05-8DD0699EEA17 (resized).jpegD00E25D0-BB95-4CC6-AB05-8DD0699EEA17 (resized).jpeg
    6 months later
    #85 2 years ago

Bond is coming. Rumor is Steve Riches last game before going to JJP. Hope they make a Goldfinger Le edition

4 months later
    #86 2 years ago

No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

4 weeks later
    #87 2 years ago

Any update on rumours!?

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Any update on rumours!?

Only buy a couple Brits for the last 10 years

7 months later
    #89 1 year ago

you ain't so loud now are you naysayers!

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Well, I wasn’t a Naysayer, but you were obviously wrong 3 years ago, they haven’t been developing this for 3 years.
    But hey, great insider info., any ideas of what’s dropping in 2026?

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from DNO:

you were obviously wrong 3 years ago, they haven’t been developing this for 3 years.

Huh? Obviously wrong? The dude was correct. Give credit where credit is due.

The latest Bond film was held back from cinematic release by about two years because of the pandemic. Stern may have delayed their own release accordingly (or perhaps were under contractual restraints not to release their pin before the movie came out). Early stages of the development could well have started three years ago.

#93 1 year ago

I want credit for these when they drop....

Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).pngPinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
    #94 1 year ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

This means a lot to you doesn’t it?

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Huh? Obviously wrong? The dude was correct. Give credit where credit is due.

3 years ago, he said “the next Stern pin is James Bond”
    That was wrong.

#96 1 year ago

Hello. Bye.

#97 1 year ago

And I will be right when BTTF drops!

Screenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpg
    #98 1 year ago

Being right about pinball rumors doesn’t seem to be as rewarding as one would expect.

I’m still sour over not getting any credit for inventing “cargument.”

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-picture-of-jaws-in-stern-s-upcoming-pinball/page/2?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.