subway.PNG
Capture_sub_2.PNG
Metallica_PRO_Detail-5_webready.jpg
metallica-table-lineup-640x360.jpg
Metallica_Detail-11_webready.jpg
Metallica_Detail-9_webready.jpg
ShutupMoneygif.gif
screen-capture.png
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 11 years ago

#353 11 years ago

That was actually GOOD!

#354 11 years ago

game play video

just to keep you going

#355 11 years ago

That's the old one.

#356 11 years ago

I'm disappointed that "Tallica Sux" isn't on the "Sparkey" T-shirt. Maybe someone can make a decal for it. Without that, I think "Sparkey" loses a lot of coolness. I think it will be more difficult for people to understand and "get" the joke of why the guy is in an electric chair. Had I not seen the art from the teaser, I wouldn't have really understood it. I think it's a cool toy, but the T-Shirt should be changed to reflect the art. See page 1 of this thread for how it looks now. See link below for art from teaser.

Posted by fusion301: http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=784264&bbat=89359&inline

Edit: I also think he should have bloodshot eyes like in the teaser art pic.

Post edited by Skulz : added txt

#357 11 years ago

Sparky is more in line with the album cover of Ride The Lightning.

#358 11 years ago

Yeah, an electric chair is clearly out of place on a Metallica machine......

#359 11 years ago

I as well as others will be offering a re paint for good ol sparky

#360 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That's the old one.

I know, just teasing, but donny's work is excellent including his other custom pins The Hellacopters and Beatniks

http://www.dirtydonny.com/?cat=5

#361 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Awesome!

#362 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Laser-cut speaker covers huh.. did Stern just steal an idea from a Pinside member??

Well it doesn't say speaker covers, but I was wondering what "Metallica Lazer cut Speaker Panel logos" were too. My mind automatically jumped to the speaker grills, but I don't see anything on the pictures so who knows.

#363 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

No idea why he's not green. That's the art style...

#364 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

might have been said before but the LE has gone back to a standard backbox so only the Avengers had the different type backbox

Hulk /Avengers LE will become the new Sharkey's Shootout.

#365 11 years ago

WTF!!!!!!!! Why does the pro have no spinners?????? Are you kidding me Stern/? What the #$@& does two spinners cost?

#366 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

WTF!!!!!!!! Why does the pro have no spinners?????? Are you kidding me Stern/? What the #$@& does two spinners cost?

The spinners on the LE are actual guitar picks used by the band, so they are in limited quantity.

#367 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

The spinners on the LE are actual guitar picks used by the band, so they are in limited quantity.

they can come up with something similar.

#368 11 years ago

I posted this on another forum, but honestly I don't get the art. It's not Metallica art to me, it's Rob Zombie-esque art, i.e. it doesn't really fit. If you don't believe me, go google image search for:

Metallica Art

and then

Rob Zombie Art

There isn't a single piece of Metallica Art that matches the pinball machines.

The master of puppets is pretty cool, the pro cabinet is pretty ugly, and the premium translite is ugh. The playfields all look good...I just don't get the art style, it's kind of meh to me overall because it doesn't say 'Metallica' to me, just like if they had done this on AC/DC it wouldn't have fit either.

#369 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

So put a regular spinner on the damn machine................bad move Stern a$$ holes!!!

#370 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I posted this on another forum, but honestly I don't get the art. It's not Metallica art to me, it's Rob Zombie-esque art, i.e. it doesn't really fit. If you don't believe me, go google image search for:
Metallica Art
and then
Rob Zombie Art
There isn't a single piece of Metallica Art that matches the pinball machines.
The master of puppets is pretty cool, the pro cabinet is pretty ugly, and the premium translite is ugh. The playfields all look good...I just don't get the art style, it's kind of meh to me overall because it doesn't say 'Metallica' to me, just like if they had done this on AC/DC it wouldn't have fit either.

I would rather have original art than copies of album cover or t-shirts on it.

Sorry. I know you like the old art, but when I bought my Ride the Lightning T-shirt at the concert, it WAS original art back then too, and so on, and so on.

You know Met had a lot of input on the type of artwork, so I'm backing them

#371 11 years ago

Are there no flashers in the game? I don't see any from photos.

#372 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Are there no flashers in the game? I don't see any from photos.

Arent the dishes pointed at sparky flashers? I am pretty sure the snake plastic says feed the snake when flashing or something.

That being said, I don't see any dome style flashers above the playfield. I would be shocked if there werent any at all, between the coffin ball lock, pop bumpers, lighting back panel, etc.

#373 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

I would rather have original art than copies of album cover or t-shirts on it.
Sorry. I know you like the old art, but when I bought my Ride the Lightning T-shirt at the concert, it WAS original art back then too, and so on, and so on.
You know Met had a lot of input on the type of artwork, so I'm backing them

I'm not saying I like the old art better (to be honest most Metallica art is pretty bad, lol) but it's such a dramatic change that it just seems like a ripoff of Zombie. If they weren't in the same 'genre' it wouldn't be quite so obvious, lol.

#374 11 years ago

Where's Pushead when you need him? I have no idea what happened to their relationship with him since i stopped buying their albums more than 20 years ago.

#375 11 years ago

Anybody know where the balls lock on the Pro model?

#376 11 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

pretty sure underneath, just not a clear insert, but could be totally wrong as well

#377 11 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Nowhere? Assuming it will have a virtual lock rule of some sort, and the balls will kick out of the shooter lane for Multi.

#378 11 years ago

I think the best machine would be pro cab, premium translite with LE playfield. Just my 2 cents.

#379 11 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I think the best machine would be pro cab, premium translite with LE playfield. Just my 2 cents.

I'd say pro cab and translight and premium playfield

#380 11 years ago

Wait, Premium translite?? Are you sighted?

#381 11 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Serious??

#382 11 years ago

I think the "cartoon" translites on the pro and LE blow personally. The LE cab is nice but I like the pro better. The premium cab does nothing for me.

#383 11 years ago

LCD with this on it,might have been cool

#384 11 years ago

I guess this is what you get when you don't do a Van Halen pin.

#385 11 years ago

me personal, it'll just pro very well.

#386 11 years ago

Has anyone posted the song list yet?

#387 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nowhere? Assuming it will have a virtual lock rule of some sort, and the balls will kick out of the shooter lane for Multi.

Thanks, yeah I figured that would be the case, couldnt see anything obvious in the pictures

#388 11 years ago

i'll say pro translite on the premium.

the pro = best cab and the translite artwork, too bad no hammer.

thats just my personal taste.

they look like bald spitting cats on the premium translite.

spitting_cat1.jpgspitting_cat1.jpg

#389 11 years ago

Found the song list:

Creeping Death
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fuel
Master of Puppets
The Unforgiven
Seek and Destroy
Battery
Sad but True
Enter Sandman
One
Fade to Black
The End of the Line

#390 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Found the song list:
Creeping Death
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fuel
Master of Puppets
The Unforgiven
Seek and Destroy
Battery
Sad but True
Enter Sandman
One
Fade to Black
The End of the Line

It's a great list but I'd have dumped Fuel and End of the Line for Frayed Ends of Sanity and All Nightmare Long. For one thing then you could have Oz next to Metallica and have an "Oh we Oh" off.

I know who wins.

#391 11 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Found the song list:
Creeping Death
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fuel
Master of Puppets
The Unforgiven
Seek and Destroy
Battery
Sad but True
Enter Sandman
One
Fade to Black
The End of the Line

Note that this list is the one from the promo video where they are showcasing the band - yes it is definitely assumed this is the song list, but there could also be more.

#392 11 years ago

I wish Welcome Home had made that list.

#393 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Note that this list is the one from the promo video where they are showcasing the band - yes it is definitely assumed this is the song list, but there could also be more.

BOM says 12 songs. This is probably it.

#394 11 years ago

The list could be improved for sure, but so could the ACDC song list.

#395 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I wish Welcome Home had made that list.

If only Disposable Heroes, Dyer's Eve, and Orion could have found their way in...

#396 11 years ago

I know it's not in line with typical Metallica art, but if it were, it would be pretty abstract, and heavy on lightning and imagery that would not be even remotely cohesive put together on a playfield. I was dreading that.

Personally, I like what they've done. A LOT. It's more of a dark comic style. Reminds me of the Dredd playfield, which I'm personally a big fan of. It's a departure from the realistic band images and modern Marvel movie images that we've gotten so many of lately. I think it's a long-overdue departure. It's not the game I would've expected it on, but I'll take it, gladly!

#397 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

pretty sure underneath, just not a clear insert, but could be totally wrong as well

Nah. There's no vanishing magnet to get them underneath.

#398 11 years ago

The more I'm on Pinside the more I think it's OK to order a NIB Pro Metallica despite my wife saying a deck/patio need to happen first.

We just built our house 7 years ago, what's her F'n hurry lol?

I need to stay away for here for a little bit

#399 11 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I know it's not in line with typical Metallica art, but if it were, it would be pretty abstract, and heavy on lightning and imagery that would not be even remotely cohesive put together on a playfield. I was dreading that.
Personally, I like what they've done. A LOT. It's more of a dark comic style. Reminds me of the Dredd playfield, which I'm personally a big fan of. It's a departure from the realistic band images and modern Marvel movie images that we've gotten so many of lately. I think it's a long-overdue departure. It's not the game I would've expected it on, but I'll take it, gladly!

Not only is the playfield layout Monster Bash-ish, the concept is kind of "reverso Monster Bash". MB took a bunch of cartoonish monsters an made them into a band. Metallica takes a band and turns them into a bunch of cartoonish monsters. I know I've been gushing about Metallica all day, but I just love how they've handled this theme. It's kind of like an original theme, honestly...it's so cartoonish and fun and edgy ...evil but silly at the same time. Expect lots of funny character driven narrative...this game is special. The crazy ass pre-sales show I'm not the only one thinking that!

#400 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not only is the playfield layout Monster Bash-ish, the concept is kind of "reverso Monster Bash". MB took a bunch of cartoonish monsters an made them into a band. Metallica takes a band and turns them into a bunch of cartoonish monsters. I know I've been gushing about Metallica all day, but I just love how they've handled this theme. It's kind of like an original theme, honestly...it's so cartoonish and fun and edgy ...evil but silly at the same time. Expect lots of funny character driven narrative...this game is special. The crazy ass pre-sales show I'm not the only one thinking that!

you are so right - I was not excited about Metallica and then it just came together.. when was the last time the owner of the license was this involved... POTC would not give voice clips, and I hate that.. LOTR gave an artist and it rocked... Lars (I think) is into pinball and it shows up quickly in the artwork they did it for love not the $100.00 per game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pics-metallica/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.