subway.PNG
Capture_sub_2.PNG
Metallica_PRO_Detail-5_webready.jpg
metallica-table-lineup-640x360.jpg
Metallica_Detail-11_webready.jpg
Metallica_Detail-9_webready.jpg
ShutupMoneygif.gif
screen-capture.png
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Two of those are just derivatives of what Capcom was doing in the mid-90's.

Just sayin'.

I really have no idea what your saying?

#252 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It does kinda suck but I think shaker motors are a little overrated IMO...

Hell no - It's a necessity!

#253 11 years ago

WOW, I just can't beleive how many people are already claiming this new game as King. Simmer down and play the damn thing before claiming it is number 1 so quickly.

Rational thoughts here >> game looks really cool and I like the toys. I do not see much unique about shot layout but it does look like fun.

I am looking forward to playing this one.

#254 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I wanna give you 6 thumbs up. Settling for one.

Why? A gorilla has 4!

#255 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I am not reading all the replies but I think CLIFF BURTON should be on the Puppets LE. WTF!?

Would Cliff have wanted to be on a pinball machine? I think he may have felt like this about a Metallica pinball machine.

DownloadedFile.jpegDownloadedFile.jpeg

#256 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Hell no - It's a necessity!

ok, add it! No big deal...

#258 11 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

People complaining about teh Master of Puppets LE with all the crosses on it, have you even seen the album cover?
It's called the MoP LE so yeah, it should have crosses (grave markers)

I think they're just pissed off Stern hasn't yet announced their next music theme in 2014, Stryper. stryper.jpgstryper.jpg

#259 11 years ago

Anyone else notice the weird trail in the playfield art that seems to go left to right across the pin, kind of by the mouth of the snake? Makes me think that this might have been once a 3 flipper game.

#260 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do not see much unique about shot layout

Since when does unique equals guaranteed fun? There's a reason a fan layout is most popular. Doesn't mean they can't experiment of course.

#261 11 years ago

Well, shit. This looks amazing, but we're saving for a down payment on a house...gahhhh.

I guess I'll have to wait. On the plus side, maybe in a later run they'll include two translites with the Premium like they did with Tron.

#262 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

Would Cliff have wanted to be on a pinball machine? I think he may have felt like this about a Metallica pinball machine.

You have a point. That being said, the guy is dead, show him some respect.

#263 11 years ago

Great looking game! Am I understanding correctly though that the $600 difference between the Prem and LE is the LE you get J. Borg to sign it, numbered plaque and Master of Puppets is mirrored??? Is J. Borg's autograph worth that much????

#264 11 years ago

I'll have to admit that all this euphoria about the Metallica pin, has me more stoked about the Star Trek pin. That will be my first NIB. I just hope Lyman has at least a strong influence in the rules.

#265 11 years ago

I just got some new information from Stern, sorry, no official pricing yet.

Metallica pro production will begin in April.

500 Master of Puppets LE's will begin production in May.

Premiums are scheduled for June.

Later in the year Stern may introduce a second premium version.

I really like the look of this machine and have ordered a pro for Lanes and Games in Cambridge, MA. I will probably upgrade to an LE when they become available.

I will be glad to quote anyone if they are interested in purchasing one. As I said before, pricing has not been confirmed by Stern so I will refund deposits if pricing changes. Thanks,

Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

#266 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WOW, I just can't beleive how many people are already claiming this new game as King. Simmer down and play the damn thing before claiming it is number 1 so quickly.
Rational thoughts here >> game looks really cool and I like the toys. I do not see much unique about shot layout but it does look like fun.
I am looking forward to playing this one.

It is interesting, isn't it! What I mean by that is that most everyone, including me, thinks that the layout looks great as it will have good flow. Yet, the layout itself is a pretty basic fan layout. You know, the famous fan layout that so many people love to criticize as being unimaginative and no fun. Truth it, the fan layout, with minor variations, just plain works. At least it does for me.

Anyway, I agree, need to wait and actually play it, but it looks damn promising. The main reason that I'm not pre-ordering is my bad experience with my first NIB/Pre-order pin. Once bitten, twice shy. So I will probably miss out on an LE, but I'm glad that they are doing a Premium, even though the translite blows (I'd put the pro translite on it).

#267 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I really have no idea what your saying?

Capcom lights were all individually controlled by the CPU for on/off and fading.

Pinball Magic has a color-changing crystal ball.

#268 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

You have a point. That being said, the guy is dead, show him some respect.

I hear ya.' I kind of felt the same about Bon on AC/DC.

#269 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I just got some new information from Stern, sorry, no official pricing yet.
Metallica pro production will begin in April.
500 Master of Puppets LE's will begin production in May.
Premiums are scheduled for June.
Later in the year Stern may introduce a second premium version.
I really like the look of this machine and have ordered a pro for Lanes and Games in Cambridge, MA. I will probably upgrade to an LE when they become available.
I will be glad to quote anyone if they are interested in purchasing one. As I said before, pricing has not been confirmed by Stern so I will refund deposits if pricing changes. Thanks,
Mike
http://www.lanesandgamesarcade.com/

A second premium? or a second LE? Any more details on that?

#270 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I feel your pain. Having no funds this is a hard day for me.

So whats your thoughts. Is the pro good enough on this one or Metallica an LE choice all the way.

#271 11 years ago

The Cycle of Stern Life.

I hope the Xmen and TF people still get their code updates.

Seems like anytime Stern releases a new machine, older machines really get thrown on the heap code-wise.

#272 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

So glad I went LE on this one! That being said - the Pro does look pretty badass, but unlike AC/DC I think the premium version just *looks* inferior...even to the Pro. I guess I am paying $1k+ plus for the hammer and visual fidelity (subjective), but I think I'm going to be happy I did in the long run.

actually you are probably paying closer to $2k+ for hammer and bragging rights. And yes, I think you will be very happy.

#273 11 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Seems like anytime Stern releases a new machine, older machines really get thrown on the heap code-wise.

You stop with all your logic. Xmen will likely not get another update till fall

#274 11 years ago

Cool, Pro production in April ... maybe we will see a PRO from Cointaker at the Allentown Show!

#275 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

A second premium? or a second LE? Any more details on that?

The letter from Stern specifically said a second "Premium" version. I was surprised at that myself. It would be a different art package only. It is not definate.

#276 11 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The Cycle of Stern Life.
I hope the Xmen and TF people still get their code updates.

Seems like it depends on the game. Tron received an update after over a year of no code updates.

#277 11 years ago

I really like the artwork on the playfield. It really looks like a 90's playfield, which is a good thing IMO. I think the Pro art package is the best over all. I look forward to playing someday.

#278 11 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I really like the artwork on the playfield. It really looks like a 90's playfield, which is a good thing IMO. I think the Pro art package is the best over all. I look forward to playing someday.

Prem translite aside, this is Stern's first "Williams" game ...100% custom art/toys/features/dots!

#279 11 years ago

What about a ride the lightning LE?

#280 11 years ago

No Ride the Lightning LE....only Master of Puppets and 500 produced

#281 11 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

People complaining about teh Master of Puppets LE with all the crosses on it, have you even seen the album cover?
It's called the MoP LE so yeah, it should have crosses (grave markers)

+1 Was going to post this same thing

#282 11 years ago

The layout reminds me a lot of MB

#284 11 years ago

Another good looking pin coming to market....congrats to all who purchase!

#285 11 years ago

Mine is ordered....Sweet....Be rocking out to LE Metallica soon

#286 11 years ago

Looks like it will be a lot of fun. Something stuck out at me about the ramps. The logo looks to be cut out. I wonder if that area will have the tabs of the logo get bent downward and beat up/wear the balls out quicker.

#287 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

WHOA! Did you see this in the features list? Brendon Small as the voice of Sparky & the Snake!!! That is GREAT! He the creator of Metalocolypse and Home Movies & did voices on those shows as well...GREAT CHOICE!!!!! Those characters will be funny as f*ck!

YES !!!!!!!!!!!

#288 11 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Looks like it will be a lot of fun. Something stuck out at me about the ramps. The logo looks to be cut out. I wonder if that area will have the tabs of the logo get bent downward and beat up/wear the balls out quicker.

They are cut out, and backlit so you might have a valid point there. An area to watch for sure.

#289 11 years ago

If we chose one Metallica song to best represent pinside and this hobby it would be: "Frayed ends of Sanity"

#290 11 years ago

This looks very promising and a home run. Great layout and best by Stern from what I can see. Makes me want to buy first NIB but always worried without playing it first.

#291 11 years ago

Looks pretty f***ing tits...except for the train wreck called the premium. WTF? Make the PRO the terrible looking version! Glad they have Premiums, but c'mon!! I still gotta play and see the rules before buying.

#292 11 years ago

I don't want the Premium baldie edition as I get enough of that looking in the mirror but would be interested if the second Premium has better artwork. The cabinet art on the Premium is great - just match it with a great translite!

#293 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone else notice the weird trail in the playfield art that seems to go left to right across the pin, kind of by the mouth of the snake? Makes me think that this might have been once a 3 flipper game.

It was in the whitewood, glad it was changed !

#294 11 years ago

Interesting, I like Borgs games because of the third flipper giving additional shots to the upper section. Guess it didn't make sense with this design and was scrapped....

Quoted from mnpinball:

It was in the whitewood, glad it was changed !

#295 11 years ago

Awesome
When can we see a video of the gameplay?

i`ll be a poor man if Stern decides to do an Iron Maiden pin as well in the future...

#296 11 years ago

LE's 10k by Christmas!

#297 11 years ago

That should be called a Death Magnetic LE not Master of Puppets..If you are going to represent possibly the best album in the catalog then respect the man that was there..

#298 11 years ago

Did anyone else notice that the ball return lane guides appear to be metal?

#299 11 years ago

the whole game is METAL!!

#300 11 years ago

$2,600 difference between the Pro and LE. And that's discounted pricing too. Bleah...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pics-metallica/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.