subway.PNG
Capture_sub_2.PNG
Metallica_PRO_Detail-5_webready.jpg
metallica-table-lineup-640x360.jpg
Metallica_Detail-11_webready.jpg
Metallica_Detail-9_webready.jpg
ShutupMoneygif.gif
screen-capture.png
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#201 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

why not get the LE and have the best of the best?

I think the LE fell a bit short in the cabinet artwork department, mostly because it doesn't invoke the original album cover's simplistic beauty... If they had just gone with the original design then, I'd be all over it! I'm most likely going to do the same thing as Rob and Rare suggested, even though it doesn't match from that 3/4 view, it (the blue TL) just gels from the player's perspective better... Just my two tokens.

#202 11 years ago

If the game passes the 'fun gameplay' test, might have to make your own LE out of the Premo RTL.jpgRTL.jpg

#204 11 years ago

I love the fact that the Drop Targets are included in every package. Unlike AC/DC. That being said, I seriously enjoyed playing AC/DC. But I spent sophomore year with MetallicA, and I don't have 7 Grand :/

#205 11 years ago

Ride the Lighting LE would have been cool, but the premium looks like And Justice For All or the box set, which is hideous

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Ok, take away all the art and you have, on the pro:
two far side orbit shots
A left side and near center scoop shot
a captive ball shot
bash toy (character in chair)
A 80's pin style in-line drop target bank
two ramps
While the graphics are cool, and I like Metallica, there is NOTHING ground breaking to me personally that says "I gotta have it".
Apparently Stern has been giving Jpop some respect, Avengers had the spinning lamp knock-off, now this one has the disappearing ball knock off.
Probably the biggest turn-off is what I consider ridiculous pricing from Stern, but at least the Pro is a decent value when it's all said and done.
For the record I love pinball and my Stern games, before you think I'm a hater.
After all, let's be objective for a second, I'm trying to not let the hype get to me!!

Im still very curious what people are looking for when they say "nothing innovative". What are you looking for? I mean give me an example of something innovative you would like to see in a pinball machine. Did you ever think maybe they have been trying to come up with stuff & it just doesn't work or is functional or fun in actual gameplay. I mean what is really innovative on WOZ? I love the build quality but the major toys on the game are far from ground breaking.

Maybe these guys that build these things for a living know what is functional & what isnt. You could have something that looks sooo cool but really isnt very fun in a machine that has to play well.

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I think the LE fell a bit short in the cabinet artwork department; I'd do the same thing as Rob and Rare suggested, even though it doesn't match from that 3/4 view, it (the blue) just gels from the players perspective better... Just my two tokens.

guess I'm the opposite. I hate the premium cabinet... too generic!

#208 11 years ago

I agree TeeKee, the art on the LE looks great. As an oldschool Metallica fan, I think its exactly what I'd want.

#209 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Im still very curious what people are looking for when they say "nothing innovative". What are you looking for? I mean give me an example of something innovative you would like to see in a pinball machine. Did you ever think maybe they have been trying to come up with stuff & it just doesn't work or is functional or fun in actual gameplay. I mean what is really innovative on WOZ? I love the build quality but the major toys on the game are far from ground breaking.
Maybe these guys that build these things for a living know what is functional & what isnt. You could have something that looks sooo cool but really isnt very fun in a machine that has to play well.

+1

Give me a smashing hammer ball lock over a crystal ball anyday!

#210 11 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I don't buy pros

oooooooohh....lol.

#211 11 years ago

Could someone please suggest distributors for me please?

#212 11 years ago

^JJ at GEX

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Go with JJ - http://www.gameexchange.biz/

Well respected here.

#214 11 years ago

or Chi @ game exchange. I think JJ is out of town. His # is 303 962 4660. If you want you can tell him Jon from the 1up sent you.

Or Trent / Tilt is another good one!

#215 11 years ago

Thanks guys.

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

guess I'm the opposite.

I was going with the thought process of: "Well, if I scratch or gouge it, at least it will look like it's meant to be there!" LOL.

I like the neutral grey of the premium, just like I liked the Avengers pro cab more than the LE's.
It's more versatile for color modding if you want to get nuts with the armor.
I wouldn't kick the LE out of bed if one fell into my lap but, if I'm spending my own $$$ I'm going premium.

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I KNEW IT! Total Smassa layout!!!!!

Hey I have a Breakshot & CV coming in the next couple weeks.....So Blow me!!!!

#218 11 years ago

Premium backglass not good.

Pro looks great and if it plays great, got the added benefit of waiting to play it with no rush and seeing what the code is like.

Definite maybe!

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Game Exchange gave me some good prices!

#220 11 years ago

Looks nice! Metal ramps and wire form! I think that's such a breath of fresh air from the usual plastic look.

#222 11 years ago

Well it is definitely LE for me. deposit on the way...

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wish Cliff was somewhere on it

Cliff Mod opportunity! What's the coffin insert used for on the Pro?

#224 11 years ago

Premium backglass = Raven

#225 11 years ago

Yeah...difference is only about $700

#226 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Goodbye Medieval Madness, hello Metallica LE!

What? You might want to play it first.

#227 11 years ago

Holy shit, so stoked, gettin the LE, first NIB...can't wait!!

#228 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

this is exactly how it should have been, why can't they see that is beyond me!

My guess is team Metallica had something to say about it.

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Cliff Mod opportunity!

I was going to dremel/etch his name into the big (inline drop) cross and paint it to match...

#230 11 years ago

I definitely think we will continue to see big name games up for sale more then ever now!

#231 11 years ago

Game looks impressive. That is for sure.

LTG : )

#232 11 years ago

I wanna give you 6 thumbs up. Settling for one.

#233 11 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

The Pros of this release: This the first hand-drawn playfield in how many years?

The term you mean is illustrated, not hand-drawn. They likely drew these illustrations on a computer, as most graphic artists, even ones that do 'cartoons', do them on a computer.

#234 11 years ago

I am not reading all the replies but I think CLIFF BURTON should be on the Puppets LE. WTF!?

#235 11 years ago

Wow.. looks like Stern went "all in" with this one. Other than the Premium backglass the only thing that rubs me the wrong way is all the crosses everywhere on the LE.

Not a game I would own but makes me excited to see ST and future Stern games!

#236 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I KNEW IT! Total Smassa layout!!!!!

Totally. It appeals to me big time too!

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The term you mean is illustrated, not hand-drawn. They likely drew these illustrations on a computer, as most graphic artists, even ones that do 'cartoons', do them on a computer.

I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt this particular art was done with a mouse instead of a tablet.

#238 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I am not reading all the replies but I think CLIFF BURTON should be on the Puppets LE. WTF!?

Hidden mini wiz mode that raises cliff from the dead and whips out a pulling teeth solo.

#239 11 years ago

Is there a song list for the game?

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I mean what is really innovative on WOZ?

WOZ

-Every single light is separately controlled with any color, and amount of fad in and out.

-Crystal ball with lcd backlit

-color lcd in backbox

Those three things seam to be an innovation to me.
Granted they were not invented for pinball, but they are new to pinball.

Anyway lets not talk about WOZ in a MET thread. WOZ has more then enough threads posts as it is.

Im looking forward to playing MET!

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is there a song list for the game?

It is in another Metallica post here on pinside, I will look it up if someone doesn't beat me to it

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

WOZ
-Every single light is separately controlled with any color, and amount of fad in and out.
-color lcd in backbox
Anyway lets not talk about WOZ in a MET thread. WOZ has more then enough threads posts as it is.

Two of those are just derivatives of what Capcom was doing in the mid-90's.

Just sayin'.

#243 11 years ago

Ordered a LE ,but have to say --- gary you cheap sob put a shaker in it

#244 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

It is in another Metallica post here on pinside, I will look it up if someone doesn't beat me to it

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-teaser-bid-on-youtube

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

WOZ
-color lcd in backbox

Like I said it has some great visual effects but i'm pretty sure the person I quoted was looking for interesting gameplay toys or mechs. My point was that maybe these guys have found out what works & what doesnt. Metallica looks great & one of the best packages stern has potentially put together in years. Plus any game with Creeping Death in it is a cant miss.....

#247 11 years ago
Quoted from challanger1128:

Ordered a LE ,but have to say --- gary you cheap sob put a shaker in it

I just called Stern and the nice lady I spoke with said Shaker not on LE - optional. Bummer

#248 11 years ago

God damn...might be my first NIB purchase.... Is anyone in the Twin Cities doing a group buy? I might be in for the pro. PM me please if you are.

#249 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I just called Stern and the nice lady I spoke with said Shaker not on LE - optional. Bummer

It does kinda suck but I think shaker motors are a little overrated IMO...

#250 11 years ago

People complaining about teh Master of Puppets LE with all the crosses on it, have you even seen the album cover?

It's called the MoP LE so yeah, it should have crosses (grave markers) 220px-Metallica_-_Master_of_Puppets_co.jpg220px-Metallica_-_Master_of_Puppets_co.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pics-metallica/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.