subway.PNG
Capture_sub_2.PNG
Metallica_PRO_Detail-5_webready.jpg
metallica-table-lineup-640x360.jpg
Metallica_Detail-11_webready.jpg
Metallica_Detail-9_webready.jpg
ShutupMoneygif.gif
screen-capture.png
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 11 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Pro Version: $4,995
Premium Version (road case): $6,995
Limited Edition Version: (Master of Puppets) $7,595

F&(k! Who are you people talking to with the high prices? That is nowhere near what I was quoted...

#152 11 years ago

Why, is there ever a problem with Stern swapping out a translite?

#153 11 years ago

those high prices are MSLP

#154 11 years ago

7200 shipped for puppets is the number i am hearing.

#155 11 years ago

Can someone photoshop the Premium with the pro translite, just wondering how it will look...

#156 11 years ago

Premium backglass is definitely a real stinker, but I like the looks of the playfield and features. I can see working a trade at some point to get an LE in my collection, but I'm not buying one up front, and I'm not in a hurry.

#157 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Have to admit that ACDC, Metallica and TAV will probably be sick lineup for a long time.

Ok I reopened pinside...Dam it why did I do that cause now I read this!!!

Quoted from NimblePin:

Hahaha,
I think you really meant to say:
"must...sell...HulkLE......"

...And this!
I'd sell ACDC before avengers though. However little B prefers ACDC and kicks back in the front pack while I play. He cries and fusses during AVLE lol. Think Loki pisses him off.

There can only be one music pin in the house, and that is ACDC!!! Although Metallica looks to be more of a mode based game which I prefer. Dam it I gotta close pinside again!

#158 11 years ago

Pro seems like the best bang/buck with great artwork. That playfield looks insane. A real throwback to better days.

#159 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballPark:

Can someone photoshop the Premium with the pro translite, just wondering how it will look...

Here you go photoshop version of pro translite on premium

premium-with-pro.jpgpremium-with-pro.jpg

#161 11 years ago

This game looks so good. Steve R is going to have his work cut out for him on Star Trek as this game is a home run as far as layout etc..,

#162 11 years ago

just wondering how it will look...

Not as good as my "Kustom Ke$ha" premium translite!

kesha.jpgkesha.jpg

"Look at meee, I'm met-ul!"

#163 11 years ago

I just noticed something magnificent

None of the lanes are blocked

XM, ACDC & TAV all had inlane or outlane views blocked

NOIYCE!

#164 11 years ago

Goodbye Medieval Madness, hello Metallica LE!

#165 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dam it I gotta close pinside again!

I feel your pain. Having no funds this is a hard day for me.

#166 11 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Now that does looks way better.

#167 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Amazed at the colossal f*ck-up of a Premium translite

Agree this looks horrible and just kills the premium. LE looks BAD ass! I also like the pro translite

#168 11 years ago

Stern's servers are crashing because of website requests LOL.

#169 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The Hammer smack/lock is going to be an epic toy, and I love color changing LED light shows....but the Pro looks like no slouch and is going to offer a lot of game for the price, IMO! You've still got Sparky, inline drops, metal ramps, the snake (even though he wont move) ...basically all the gameplay aside from the hammer lock will be intact! ...and it looks fantastic!

Thank you; that's precisely what I was getting at.

I get a very strong feeling that I could have the Pro model of this game and feel pretty damn satisfied. When it came to AC/DC, I didn't get that feeling AT ALL, and saw the Premium as really the only way to go.

#170 11 years ago

That's why the Premium translite is what it is...the Pro version just doesn't gel all that well with the cabinet art.

#171 11 years ago

the pro is missing spinners

#172 11 years ago

I would not want to miss even ONE toy on this!

#173 11 years ago

this is exactly how it should have been, why can't they see that is beyond me!

#174 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

That's why the Premium translite is what it is...the Pro version just doesn't gel all that well with the cabinet art.

I would disagree. When pinballs are stacked one beside each pother and you are playing the game the two things that you see are the playfield and the translite...the cabinet art get's obscured by the other pinballs. The combination of the pro translite and the prem playfield look awesome together.

I feel like most people and think they got the prem translite wrong.

#175 11 years ago

I'm thinking pro on this one, but later in the year. Gotta get a vehicle soon. Dang, real life. LOL

#176 11 years ago

So glad I went LE on this one! That being said - the Pro does look pretty badass, but unlike AC/DC I think the premium version just *looks* inferior...even to the Pro. I guess I am paying $1k+ plus for the hammer and visual fidelity (subjective), but I think I'm going to be happy I did in the long run.

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Agree this looks horrible and just kills the premium. LE looks BAD ass! I also like the pro translite

Agreed. The pro side art and translite should be on the premium. Premium translite looks standard and the side art just doesnt pop as well as the pros. Maybe Stern will see our feedback and make a change.

#178 11 years ago

nobody has mentioned the painted wireforms yet

#179 11 years ago

At least they can easily change a translite for the most part. (Lucky for us, it's not mirrored.)
Kinda something similar to how Tron's TL evolved over the different runs.
Hopefully somewhere on Borg's office wall there is a sweet alternate? *fingers crossed*

Stern can just use the premium band pic TL's for autograph fodder on their FaceSpace monthly prize giveaways so they don't have a stack of them just sitting there collecting dust.
Win-Win!

#180 11 years ago

I wonder what the "fuel target assembly" is... and how it's different from the Pro

#181 11 years ago

The this the premium playfield with the pro and premium translite. Again sorry for the rough job.

Tell me how this doesn't gel?

rough-job.jpgrough-job.jpg

#182 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

F&(k! Who are you people talking to with the high prices? That is nowhere near what I was quoted...

It's MSRP from Stern.

#183 11 years ago

And to

Tell me how this doesn't gel? Very rough example.

He indicated it doesn't gel w/ the cabinet art... not playfield. I ordered the LE... I think the ROI will be nice and it just looks amazing.
BSL

#184 11 years ago

heh... The LE looks so much better imho. Balding lars ??? reminds of the geezer rolling stones

#185 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

He indicated it doesn't gel w/ the cabinet art... not playfield. I ordered the LE... I think the ROI will be nice and it just looks amazing.
BSL

I'm just stating is that the translite doesn't gel with the playfield. I'd rather have a translite that matches the playfield instead of the cabinet. Idealy it should match overall but this is definitely a mismatch.

#186 11 years ago

Who is writing the code for this machine?

#187 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Lyman!!!

#188 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

+1

Good qsn.

I noticed you didn't ask, "Who is finishing the code for this machine?"

'cause we all know the answer to that qsn.... LFS

#189 11 years ago

I'm just stating is that the translite doesn't gel with the playfield. I'd rather have a translite that matches the playfield instead of the cabinet. Idealy it should match overall but this is definitely a mismatch.

I got ya...

#190 11 years ago

The only reasoning I can guess behind the Premium translite is they wanted to give people an option not to have a cartoony backglass. But the whole dang playfield is cartoony, so WTF?

#191 11 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

The only reasoning I can guess behind the Premium translite is they wanted to give people an option not to have a cartoony backglass. But the whole dang playfield is cartoony, so WTF?

I'm guessing it's because the cabinet is the only one that isn't cartoony at all... since it's from their box set, they figured the band image made more sense.
BSL

#192 11 years ago

The this the premium playfield with the pro and premium translite. Again sorry for the rough job.

Tell me how this doesn't gel?

I said in relation to the cabinet art, NOT the playfield.

#193 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Amazed at the colossal f*ck-up of a Premium translite....with how much attention to detail and coolness every other piece of art and toy has - how did THAT get through!? That cab does look kind of cool tho - slap a Pro translite on it and you're good to go.

That's exactly what I'd do if I got the Premium.

#194 11 years ago

Is lyman working on Star Trek next

#195 11 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

I'm guessing it's because the cabinet is the only one that isn't cartoony at all... since it's from their box set, they figured the band image made more sense.
BSL

Good point.

#196 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's exactly what I'd do if I got the Premium.

really? why?... if your gonna spend that much why not get the LE and have the best of the best? Plus that premium cabinet looks too generic for me. Did they finish it??

#197 11 years ago

Ok, take away all the art and you have, on the pro:

two far side orbit shots
A left side and near center scoop shot
a captive ball shot
bash toy (character in chair)
A 80's pin style in-line drop target bank
two ramps

While the graphics are cool, and I like Metallica, there is NOTHING ground breaking to me personally that says "I gotta have it" besides the fact that I love Metallica and pinball.

Apparently Stern has been giving Jpop some respect, Avengers had the spinning lamp knock-off, now this one has the disappearing ball knock off.

Probably the biggest turn-off is what I consider ridiculous pricing from Stern, but at least the Pro is a decent value when it's all said and done.

For the record I love pinball and my Stern games, before you think I'm a hater.

After all, let's be objective for a second, I'm trying to not let the hype get to me!!

#198 11 years ago

LE or bust bitchies......LOL

By the time most get done blinging out a Premium (powder coated trim, new translite) your almost at a LE price. Pro with a few addon's seems the better route to go if you dont wanna drop the coin for a LE out of the gate. This by far looks like the most loaded Pro version in years.

That being said i'm still in for a LE.

#199 11 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Artistic cohesiveness. The Pro/LE translites fit PERFECTLY with the look and feel of the game. I think the Pro translite w/ Prem cab will be fine, though...it's not a mismatch, really - there are no live photos on the cab. My guess - they only had the budget for Dirty Donnie to do 2 cabs/translites...they did the Prem in house.

#200 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That being said i'm still in for a LE.

I KNEW IT! Total Smassa layout!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pics-metallica/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.