subway.PNG
Capture_sub_2.PNG
Metallica_PRO_Detail-5_webready.jpg
metallica-table-lineup-640x360.jpg
Metallica_Detail-11_webready.jpg
Metallica_Detail-9_webready.jpg
ShutupMoneygif.gif
screen-capture.png
There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Question for those of you that are better at analyzing the shot maps of games from pictures:
Does Metallica look like it has open ramps and shots or do the shots look tight and cramped in? I ask because, while I really enjoy the theme, I think the shots in Avengers are too tight (I'm just not a good enough player to enjoy Avengers to its full potential).
Does Metallica look like it has open shots or are there just too many shots jammed into the fan? So hard to tell from the photos?
Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same things. The shots all look wide enough. The left ramp entrance might be a bit tightened because of the in-line area in front of it. Both of the ramps look pretty steep.

I also know, after Avengers, that I can't really judge from pictures. It didn't stand out too me as being a tight game from the pictures, but after playing it a few times....I really can't stand how tight ALL of the shots are (lanes and ramps). I was guessing the Black Widow ramp to be one you could loop all day....hmmm, that's not gonna happen.

#552 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

On the second picture down...is that a BIG bulb sticking out of the shade?

Looks like a big ol' flasher to me.

#553 11 years ago

I just wasn't sure if they stuck out that far. Easy to break?

#554 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I also know, after Avengers, that I can't really judge from pictures. It didn't stand out too me as being a tight game from the pictures, but after playing it a few times....I really can't stand how tight ALL of the shots are (lanes and ramps). I was guessing the Black Widow ramp to be one you could loop all day....hmmm, that's not gonna happen.

This is 100% how I felt. I thought Avengers looked like it would have several easy to make shots from its photos (I totally missed how they tightened up that right orbit for IM with Samuel Jackson when I looked at the photos. Ultimately, only Hawk Eye is an easy and safe shot.

I'm all for a game having one or two tight shots . . . but Avengers . . . I'm just not that good. I don't mind getting my butt kicked by a pin (like Tron or IM) but the tightness of those shots on Avengers makes game progression difficult for me and limits my enjoyment of it.

Sorry to go off topic. I just hope Metallica isn't tricking me with its photos like Avengers did and the shots are as open as they look on the photos.

#555 11 years ago

wondering if the fangs on the snake are made of plastic? if so, they won't stay there for long.

#556 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nah. You should replace it with a led anyway.

#557 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

wondering if the fangs on the snake are made of plastic? if so, they won't stay there for long.

The fangs are so bad as they actually chip the steel ball.

This was covered in the thread already, pay attention!

#558 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly. Gameplay looks like other fan favorites (no pun intended)...art and toys look great....and Lyman's programming it. Highly likely chance of Metallica being PURE WIN.
I guarantee you wouldn't have seen this pre-sale madness if the art was terrible, the layout looked suspect, toys were lame, and someone other than Lyman was programming it.

That's a point I can agree with. Based on ACDC and it's success and lyman I can understand the anticipation. It just seems to me that this pin blew up so big and so fast it's a little suspicious, even with the early announcement. I just feel like people knew it was coming and are manipulating the market. That being said I love capitalism and I don't blame anyone for investing in anything legal. I just think that a lot of players are being manipulated into an inflated market. Again, going back to your response.... I like it and I hope that IS the reason and not this phenomena of fear that there will be NONE left and MUST BUY NOW! Totally forgetting issues with Avengers and XMLE that "could" come in play. Good discussion!

#559 11 years ago

So I'm confused. Is it 6 color changing inserts or are they multi color changing ( like AC/DC ). That's a bummer if they aren't doing the same thing with the LED's in the inserts. I felt it was one of the best design/code innovations in years. I was hoping that would just be the new standard on stern pins.

Chris

#560 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think Avengers has a big flasher like that in a spotlight...shining on the Hulk.

#561 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

So I'm confused. Is it 6 color changing inserts or are they multi color changing ( like AC/DC ). That's a bummer if they aren't doing the same thing with the LED's in the inserts. I felt it was one of the best design/code innovations in years. I was hoping that would just be the new standard on stern pins.
Chris

Your wording of your question is confusing in it's own right.

I think they are saying the LE and Premium will have 6 inserts that can display different colors. What color they are displaying at any given time will be controlled by the game. In other words...I'm guessing it will be just like AC/DC.

#562 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Your wording of your question is confusing in it's own right.
I think they are saying the LE and Premium will have 6 inserts that can display different colors. What color they are displaying at any given time will be controlled by the game. In other words...I'm guessing it will be just like AC/DC.

Ok. I wasn't sure if they were just dropping in a standard color changing bulb like you can get at cointaker.

Bummer it's only 6 inserts.

Chris

#563 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I guarantee you wouldn't have seen this pre-sale madness if the art was terrible, the layout looked suspect, toys were lame, and someone other than Lyman was programming it.

Ah you mean Avengers! Nill talk about that game anymore.

#564 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Harsh!

#565 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

This is pretty much par for the course, new game gets all the hype. What's your point?

#566 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

What's your point?

Lets go back to last week.Still no talk of Avengers. Or you can say since I started the tallica thread 6 months ago avengers was doomed then

#567 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Lets go back to last week.Still no talk of Avengers. Or you can say since I started the tallica thread 6 months ago Avengers was doomed then

I don't subscribe to the belief that you must bash or diss past titles to feel good about the new title coming out. Seems to be the way around here, bash other pins to make you feel better about the one you will be getting or the one you got. In the end each pin stands alone. Variation is the spice of life! Not all games are going to be top hits, but thank God we have the choices.

BTW, I'm in on Metallica. I don't need to go down a list of pins I think it will be better than to make me feel good.

#568 11 years ago

Wah, both of you two sure like to shit on my MAME cab to feel good about yourselves.

#569 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

BTW, I'm in on Metallica. I don't need to go down a list of pins I think it will be better than to make me feel good.

I dont own either. But played the crap out of avengers and its a poo factory.

#570 11 years ago

this machine is going to be a blast! all of them, I don't care what's on the translate. the pf layout and shots look super fun. love the head stone drop targets!. oh man, I think this may give AC/DC a good run for best rock n roll machine ever!

#571 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

LOL...aww....I feel bad for George now. R.I.P. Avengers (anticipating "Out of Production" will be on its page soon)

Quoted from Cobray:

This is pretty much par for the course, new game gets all the hype. What's your point?

AC/DC kept getting hype after X-Men & Avengers came out.

#572 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...aww....I feel bad for George now. R.I.P. Avengers (anticipating "Out of Production" will be on its page soon)

Avengers isn't a bad game; you just have to be a gaming god to get deep into it. Gomez really wanted to make a hard game . . . Avengers is certainly that. I agree with you in that I doubt we will see a Premium of Avengers hit the market any time soon.

#573 11 years ago

I played the hell out of Avengers LE and just enjoyed Transformers LE more.

#574 11 years ago

Avengers is a flaming pile of poop compared to this game, Xmen is worse. Hope Borg gets this right and will to give him a second chance even though Xmen was the worst pin I have purchased by far!

Hoping that was his dud.

#575 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Avengers is a flaming pile of poop compared to this game

Which game?

#576 11 years ago

the game that does not exist yet LOL

I believe that some Metallica fans have had a few too many bumps to the head in the mosh pits.

#577 11 years ago

I feel very sorry for the folks that aren't good enough or patient enough players to see what a joy Avengers is. However, for personal excitement, nothing beats a game of ACDC. Perhaps until I get my Metallica, anyway.

#578 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

the game that does not exist yet LOL

Oh THAT game...

#579 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I feel very sorry for the folks that aren't good enough or patient enough players to see what a joy Avengers is. However, for personal excitement, nothing beats a game of ACDC. Perhaps until I get my Metallica, anyway.

I thought pinball was supposed to be about challenge. I go and play some games with huge ramps and they seem so easy to hit over and over after playing Avengers.

#580 11 years ago

Okay let's keep the topic on Metallica news and gameplay. What's the theory on the rising cross and inline drops??

Is there a second ride the lightning

metallica-table-lineup-640x360.jpgmetallica-table-lineup-640x360.jpg

#581 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Avengers isn't a bad game; you just have to be a gaming god to get deep into it. Gomez really wanted to make a hard game . . . Avengers is certainly that. I agree with you in that I doubt we will see a Premium of Avengers hit the market any time soon.

Don't get me wrong - I like Avengers. There's just a difference between "I like this game" and "OMG I HAVE TO SPEND $$$$$$ ON IT!". Avengers had a lot going against it from the start: Price hike, bad art, OK toys, TF & X-Men's physical/code reputations. After it came out: Flexy plastics, hangups, inlane insert view block, Loki blocking Nick Fury target, other tweaks needed, etc. For people to rush out and spend $6500-7000 on a game, it's just gotta have that certain "magic".

Now, who's to say Metallica won't have some issues...it very well might. However, it at least looks to have that "magic" factor. Hot art, hot layout, hot toys, hot music/voice talent, hot programmer.

It is what it is - I don't see what would cause people to gain tons of interest in Avengers at this point except maybe an official price drop from Stern?

#582 11 years ago

The snake appears to spit it back out at you for all versions and not enter the subway.

Post edited by Propaganda : Updated with answer

#583 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

AC/DC kept getting hype after X-Men & Avengers came out.

True, but that's the exception.. I mean, as awesome as the code updates have been, it deserves it.

#584 11 years ago

Lets at least play it before we go and call it magic come on all we are an incouragible group.

#585 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Lets at least play it before we go and call it magic come on all we are an incouragible group.

Wow, now that Metallica is officially the "Best Game Ever" maybe I can score a used AC/DC or Tron for "cheap"

#586 11 years ago

and then star trek will be the next best pin ever made and so on...

#587 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Does the snake feed the under ground subway on the premium and LE?
Or does it just spit it back out at you for all versions?

Spits back. Since there are two scoops, there could be some opportunity for the Snake to do some fun things, like hold the ball and close its mouth...then maybe you have to do something else w/ another ball for the snake to spit it out for a 2-ball multi. Then again, dunno how they'd accomplish that on the Pro...hmmm...maybe the jaw just moves for talking....I guess we'll find out soon!

#588 11 years ago

anyone know when the first video's coming out? was it said somewhere?

#589 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Spits back. Since there are two scoops, there could be some opportunity for the Snake to do some fun things, like hold the ball and close its mouth...then maybe you have to do something else w/ another ball for the snake to spit it out for a 2-ball multi. Then again, dunno how they'd accomplish that on the Pro...hmmm...maybe the jaw just moves for talking....I guess we'll find out soon!

Right. I was looking at the subway, and it seems to just spit back. I thought it might use the subway because it was just above it. That might have been possible.

#590 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

anyone know when the first video's coming out? was it said somewhere?

I heard 1-2 weeks from last week.

#591 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

and then Star Trek will be the next best pin ever made and so on...

Star Neards Trek

#594 11 years ago

There appears to be a "tire track" in front of and under the snake with blood. As if, you should run over the snake with a car. I see a drawing in the animation where a band member is in a car.

Metallica_PRO_Detail-5_webready.jpgMetallica_PRO_Detail-5_webready.jpg

#595 11 years ago

Presently the only thing I'm really missing on the Metallica Pro that is on the more expensive versions is the color changing LEDs feature. This is one of the things I like the most on the AC/DC premium.

On AC/DC did anybody work out a way to add the color changing feature to the pro model by adding the appropriate color LEDs in the same spots as the premium and color changing LED's in the inserts? I imagine it is quite easy to physically add all the LEDs, but if that was done will the pro's software and boards make it possible for the color changes in various modes to take effect?

#596 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Right. I was looking at the subway, and it seems to just spit back. I thought it might use the subway because it was just above it. That might have been possible.

I wonder if when it spits it back it is like War Machine on Iron Man . . . that would be awesome.

#597 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder if when it spits it back it is like War Machine on Iron Man . . . that would be awesome.

It would, but it doesn't.

#598 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

War Machine's a kickback coil, like the Raptor shot on JP. Even if the scoop shoots it out fast, it's not going to be as fast as "instant".

#599 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Agree 100% with that post in every way

#600 11 years ago

Anyone think those snake fangs won't last too long?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 683 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-pics-metallica/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.