10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I needed to film a game but couldn't find a way to do it without strapping a gopro to my head. Is this stupid or cool?
    This video is not supposed to be a great game or anything, I just wanted to see how it would turn out. the lighting looks pretty bad and it might make you nauseous, but I don't remember ever seeing a POV video before.

I posted this in another thread about my machine, but thought I would repost here just for the video format

#2 10 years ago

I think that's pretty cool. The camera work is fairly smooth. I would like to see you play with the glass off the machine. Cut down on the glare.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I think that's pretty cool. The camera work is fairly smooth. I would like to see you play with the glass off the machine. Cut down on the glare.

Maybe tonight I will try that

#4 10 years ago

I sort of like the POV, makes you feel more like the person playing rather than a fly on a wall.

#5 10 years ago

Hmm, this could look nice next to a SST?

#6 10 years ago

no glass, no lights

#7 10 years ago

That turned out really well! Your videos were quite watchable so I dunno if you might be already doing this, but one trick (if you'd call it that) that I learned from using my GoPro for SCUBA diving is to film at a larger size than your desired output so you have room to pan/crop.

So, with say an GoPro HD3, you can film at 2k or 4k but plan on outputting at 1080p, which gives you plenty of room to crop, pan, or use anti-shake tools. With an HD1 or 2, you can flim at 960p and can pan up/down and it's also the widest angle, at least on the HD1, if I'm not mistaken.

There's potential trade-off with framerate with some of those modes. For SCUBA everything isn't moving crazy fast usually, but for pinball that might be a different story. Nonetheless, I got some good results at least under the water when filming in high resolutions so thought I'd share.

#8 10 years ago

Much better. Looks good!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-person-pinball-pov-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.