WP_000747.jpg
WP_000723.jpg
WP_000707.jpg
WP_000705.jpg
WP_000703.jpg
WP_000701.jpg
WP_000700.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Got my first NIB delivered today. It's a Tron Pro. Its got decals on the cabinet, and it has a light runner and an orange light cycle (instead of the standard white and yellow light cycles).

I already have some things waiting to be installed:

v2.0 mini Tron Arcade Cabinet
Shaker Motor
Hallmark light cycles
PIG
Playfield support rails
Tournament Button

However, I am not even going to set it up until the metal leg brackets arrive to protect the decals. Also, can't play any games on it anyways until my full package of Cliffy protectors arrive.

Eventually I also want to upgrade the speakers and install an LED backbox kit but not in a rush to spend the money.

What are people's thoughts on the colored pinbits plastic protectors? I haven't decided if I should go with that set or the clear set yet. Not sure I like the plastic covering the in-lanes.

WP_000700.jpgWP_000700.jpg WP_000701.jpgWP_000701.jpg WP_000703.jpgWP_000703.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I think I am happy that I got the decal version. The images definitely seem more detailed. The one down side is the alignment is a little off. As you can see in the below photo of the start and tournament buttons.

WP_000705.jpgWP_000705.jpg WP_000707.jpgWP_000707.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Gratz.... I picked up my NIB Tron about 3 months ago and love it

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-tron-pro-has-arrived

#4 11 years ago

Congratulations !

#5 11 years ago

Awesome! Enjoy your game. The colored protectors (from either Pinbits or Little Shop of Games) really add to look of game. I think they're worth it. Tron is a great flow/"combo" game. Congrats!

#6 11 years ago

#7 11 years ago

Way to go! That's some serious willpower to wait for Cliffys and leg protectors to play.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Shadow:

The colored protectors (from either Pinbits or Little Shop of Games)

Pinbits is sold out again. I dont see them at all at Little Shop of Games. Sure they were there too?

#9 11 years ago

Not the same exact version as Pinbits.
http://www.littleshopofgames.com/Plastics/zp5pro.html

#10 11 years ago

Congrats!! Scoring a NIB is on my bucket list. Just once, I'd love that new car smell on a pin without having to clean it myself.

#11 11 years ago

Thanks Shadow! I will see if Pinbits takes a while, if so this looks good too.

#12 11 years ago

>> and it has a light runner and an orange light cycle (instead of the standard white and yellow light cycles).

Are you going to sell off that light runner when you replace them with the Hallmark cycles? I'd be interested in it (even possibly the orange cycle)

#13 11 years ago

Congratulations! Make sure to open up the next couple of days on your calendar as you may not have time for anyone or anything else. (ha)

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Way to go! That's some serious willpower to wait for Cliffys and leg protectors to play.

I was gonna say that!

#15 11 years ago

Bryan I'm afraid the protector set won't arrive till Tuesday but have no fear playing the game for a few days without them. The ramps and scoop will hold up fine for quite a while actually
Email Pam directly for the plastic protectors. They have them but she doesn't always have time to update the site frequently. [email protected]
Oh and congrats!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

>>
Are you going to sell off that light runner when you replace them with the Hallmark cycles? I'd be interested in it (even possibly the orange cycle)

Probably not. Thinking of putting it above the shooter lane.

Quoted from Shadow:

Awesome! Enjoy your game. The colored protectors (from either Pinbits or Little Shop of Games) really add to look of game. I think they're worth it. Tron is a great flow/"combo" game. Congrats!

The one thing I have noticed is the colored protectors don't cover all the plastics that the clears cover, do most people buy both sets to cover all the plastics?

Quoted from daley:

I already have some things waiting to be installed:

PIG

Others who have installed a PIG - where did you install it? I am trying to cut down on how much wire I need to run all over the cab. So, I was thinking it might be convenient to install it onto the bottom of the playfield. Or should I just put it on the front right side of the cab?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

The one thing I have noticed is the colored protectors don't cover all the plastics that the clears cover, do most people buy both sets to cover all the plastics?

Martin and Pam only make protectors for plastics that may possibly be hit by a ball. Not all plastics are in such danger. They do, however, make dress up kits so there may be more than just protectors in the kit.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Bryan I'm afraid the protector set won't arrive till Tuesday but have No Fear playing the game for a few days without them. The ramps and scoop will hold up fine for quite a while actually
Email Pam directly for the plastic protectors. They have them but she doesn't always have time to update the site frequently. [email protected]
Oh and congrats!

Thanks Cliffy!

I have to wait on the brackets for the legs anyways. Want to keep my decals pristine.

Quoted from Cliffy:

Martin and Pam only make protectors for plastics that may possibly be hit by a ball. Not all plastics are in such danger. They do, however, make dress up kits so there may be more than just protectors in the kit.

Gotcha. Thanks!

#19 11 years ago

Congrats on the NIB Tron!!!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Want to keep my decals pristine.

good luck

#21 11 years ago

Congrats, best game ever.

1 week later
#22 11 years ago

Well, everything I have ordered so far I have received and installed. Had a little issue with the decal protectors lining up with the leg bolt holes on one leg so that one bolt wasn't going in, but eventually with some finesse got it to work.

In the last two days the machine has already gotten over a hundred plays on it. Which has raised two issues that I wanted to ask about.

1. The Quorra spinner. Has any one had to move theirs? Mine seems to be placed to far to the left, sometimes it catches on the plastic there and won't register a ball passing through.

2. Dimples. I know some dimples on the playfield are to be expected on Stern machines (or that's at least what I have read), but it seems like there are a lot already with only 100 plays on the machine. Just curious what other people have happening on their playfields.

WP_000723.jpgWP_000723.jpg

#23 11 years ago

Congrats update us in a couple weeks how you like it.

#24 11 years ago

Congrats update us in a couple weeks how you like it.

I already knew I loved it from playing at expos and at a local arcade.

After about 60 plays myself, I am still loving it. Here is a shot of it in it's spot in the home arcade.

WP_000747.jpgWP_000747.jpg

#25 11 years ago

Congrats! one of my fav games, enjoy Now get to portal!

#26 11 years ago

Welcome the tron club. Best club in pinball.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Now get to portal!

Got to Sea of Simulation 4 times so far...no portal yet...

#28 11 years ago

I just got my own Tron NIB today. first pin ever. Last of the last generation, so I got the 3d translite. pretty happy about that. Figured I didn't need my own thread, but here's a whoop whoop! IMG_1597sm.jpgIMG_1597sm.jpg

#29 11 years ago

great pic. I love my Tron as well.

Sos many times but never portal...

#30 11 years ago

Some my disagree, but I gotta say, I think it is the best pinball EVER.

#31 11 years ago

If I could only own two pins, one would be Tron for sure.

#32 11 years ago

Tron and AC DC. A perfect pair of the best games!

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just got my own Tron NIB today. first pin ever. Last of the last generation, so I got the 3d translite. pretty happy about that. Figured I didn't need my own thread, but here's a whoop whoop!

Every new member of the Tron club deserves their own thread. I know I made one for myself when my came in.

#34 11 years ago

Congrats! Still like it?

#35 11 years ago

Way to go!

#36 11 years ago

I'm lovin' my Tron. The only bad part was we put it in our basement. Small stair case so the head had to come off. Labelled everything, so it wasn't the worst, the worst was the physical effort to get the cabinet down the stairs. But she's down there now and lookin' fine .

My Flynn's arcade sign has arrived. Have several other mods on their way including the arcade cabinet. Going to bling it up and invite people over.

#37 11 years ago

I love my Tron also! Just finished putting a FF sub and shaker in. This is the first pin I have owned that I have modded so much. I even installed under cab LED's (only red and blue flasher style-no green in Tron)! Awesome!

#38 11 years ago

Hmmm under cab LEDS, tell us more. What did you use? Do you have them pulse to sound, change color or are they one color?

Quoted from Ninefingers:

I love my Tron also! Just finished putting a FF sub and shaker in. This is the first pin I have owned that I have modded so much. I even installed under cab LED's (only red and blue flasher style-no green in Tron)! Awesome!

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Congrats! Still like it?

Yup, love it. It's not going anywhere.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I've got the shaker in there, but haven't done the sound upgrade yet. How do you like the sub?

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I've got the shaker in there, but haven't done the sound upgrade yet. How do you like the sub?

The sub is mandatory in this game. Whether you do FF, PP, or an external sub it does not matter but you need to do it. One of the best games for a sub IMO.

#42 11 years ago

I went with the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Monitor Series Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) from amazon.com and love it...

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=lh_ni_t

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

I went with the Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Monitor Series Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) from amazon.com and love it...
http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=lh_ni_t

Did you just piggy back the external speaker wires onto the Sub that is in the game already? So two subs are active?

#44 11 years ago

Yes I added alligator clips to the end of the speaker wire and clipped them onto the 8" internal stock sub...

That 8" is more of a midrange woofer then a sub...

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Hmmm under cab LEDS, tell us more. What did you use? Do you have them pulse to sound, change color or are they one color?

Since this was my first time installing under cab LED's I got the Cointaker kit. The led strip under the cab can flash 3 different colors(red,blue,green). You connect one of the three colored wires to a flasher of your choice. The under cab led flashes with the corresponding flasher. I messed with it a lot and decided to connect the blue wire to the blue upper right ramp flasher and the red one with one of the 2 rear recognizer flashers. This adds quite a thrill during recognizer disk hits (lots of red) and left orbit hits and light cycle multi (intense blue).

I tryed tying the green flash to flynns arcade or one of the left yellow flashers but I didn't like the results. I'm sure there is a less expensive way to do under cab LED's but I was excited about trying it out and wanted to keep it simple. It was easy to do and what better game to do it on than TRON?

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

It's great! But between that and the shaker I've had to put electricial tape along the glass to keep rattling to a minimum!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

1. The Quorra spinner. Has any one had to move theirs? Mine seems to be placed to far to the left, sometimes it catches on the plastic there and won't register a ball passing through.
2. Dimples. I know some dimples on the playfield are to be expected on Stern machines (or that's at least what I have read), but it seems like there are a lot already with only 100 plays on the machine. Just curious what other people have happening on their playfields.

Re-asking these two questions, as it seems they have gotten lost in the mix, and I am still very interested in getting responses. Thanks!

#48 11 years ago

Thanks thats helpful. I am going to compare the Cointaker to the Arcade Upkeep offering. I'd love to see a video of yours in action.

Quoted from Ninefingers:

Since this was my first time installing under cab LED's I got the Cointaker kit. The led strip under the cab can flash 3 different colors(red,blue,green). You connect one of the three colored wires to a flasher of your choice. The under cab led flashes with the corresponding flasher. I messed with it a lot and decided to connect the blue wire to the blue upper right ramp flasher and the red one with one of the 2 rear recognizer flashers. This adds quite a thrill during recognizer disk hits (lots of red) and left orbit hits and light cycle multi (intense blue).
I tryed tying the green flash to flynns arcade or one of the left yellow flashers but I didn't like the results. I'm sure there is a less expensive way to do under cab LED's but I was excited about trying it out and wanted to keep it simple. It was easy to do and what better game to do it on than TRON?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-nib-tron-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.