Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Jnewton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So, as a member of KISS army at the ripe age of 7, it goes without saying that the KISS machine will be my first NIB purchase. Having never bought one new, what is the process for doing so? I am looking for a premium, so do I shop around vendors for the best price? Does it ship to my door? There is a distributor here in Bloomington, but I am not sure how these NIB prices work, since I have read so many different stories. Thanks all!

#2 8 years ago

Call the Stern distributors. See what they offer as far as price, delivery, warranty, etc.

Send the one you like money.

When it gets to your door. Open it.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call the Stern distributors. See what they offer as far as price, delivery, warranty, etc.
Send the one you like money.
When it gets to your door. Open it.
LTG : )™

You forgot play game and wait for code updates

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

So, as a member of KISS army at the ripe age of 7, it goes without saying that the KISS machine will be my first NIB purchase. Having never bought one new, what is the process for doing so? I am looking for a premium, so do I shop around vendors for the best price? Does it ship to my door? There is a distributor here in Bloomington, but I am not sure how these NIB prices work, since I have read so many different stories. Thanks all!

give me a call and I can get you pricing. 303-931-3685 is my cell.

JJ

#5 8 years ago

Make sure you shop around. There are a number of distributors. I usually check with at least three. Here's a thread from a little while ago that should be helpful:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-stern-distributors-and-buying-advice-for-nib-pin

If you don't see the distributor's contact info in the thread, just do a quick google search or look for it on Stern's website.

Good luck!

#6 8 years ago

Forensicd,
many of us have been buying from JJ for years. Call him!

#7 8 years ago

+1^^
Yeah, JJ (Gexchange) is a solid seller. I'd definitely be in touch with him

#8 8 years ago

I bought 3 NIBs from JJ.... solid guy who will treat you right

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

will treat you right

This is often better than saving an extra hundred or two on a game. Most of us will have 0 problems out of the box but every now and then you need a distributor to take care of warranty issues for you.

I make no endorsement of a specific distributor as I haven't dealt with enough to feel comfortable.

#10 8 years ago

So, if I buy one out of state, do I need to pay sales tax on it right away? I was quoted 6500 for a premium, then sales tax plus 150 for shipping, so around 7100 total. Seems high to me.

#11 8 years ago

I live in New Hampshire which is a tax free state. As long as I have something shipped here, there is no sales tax. I couldn't speak for other states.

#12 8 years ago

Take it from a fellow Hoosier. JJ is your guy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-nib-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.