Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey all,

First post and happy to say I finally ordered my very first NIB pin the other day. A Dirty Donnie premium Metallica. Super stoked. Does anyone happen to know if they ship them with the latest code or will I have to update right out of the box?

#2 10 years ago

Congrats! No idea though. No coin for NIB here.

#3 10 years ago

If it's drop shipping from Stern it will have the latest code installed 1.22
    If it's shipping from a distributor who has had it in stock for more than a few months it will have old code and need to be up dated.
    I think 1.22 was released in mid September.
    Enjoy a killer game.

#4 10 years ago

The good news is that on SAM games code updates are exceedingly easy. Just have a thumb drive you can use.

#5 10 years ago

Welcome to Pinside and congrats on your first NIB. Go Mizzou!

#6 10 years ago

Welcome and congrats! MIZ ZOU

#7 10 years ago

Booooooooooo

#8 10 years ago

Congrats! What a great 1st NIB to get. Enjoy.

#9 10 years ago

congratz man I can't wait to get my first NIB but it's gonna be a while

#10 10 years ago

Awesome, lol

#11 10 years ago

Not sure about what code it will come with, but my advice is enjoy the code for a while before you upgrade. It's sometimes special to upgrade to a newer code version, but if you never experience the older versions you might not appreciate the update as much or there might be some code aspect you like in the older code.

But try to get as many code versions on your computer or memory stick as possible, at least I have found with XM it's sometimes interesting to go back to an older version for a Laugh or sometimes there has been some music or animation that doesn't make the final cut but is cool nonetheless.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-nib-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.