By fluffybunny

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fluffybunny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Well, I did it, I bought my first NIB game. After going to the TPF this weekend I pretty much decided I wanted a great quality restored game or HUO something that played like new, to get a game like that would be in the 3500-4500 range for the titles I would want, so new in box was the next logical step. I played a ton of games while I was down there and my top three were WOZ, Star Trek LE, and medieval madness(williams not PPS)

I have a hobbit on preorder so I will have a jersey jack game, and to be honest spending 8k on a game + shaker + invisiglass brings me closer to 9k after shipping, that is really high for a game I probably wouldnt see until this summer. Medevial maddness is a great game and I enjoyed the remake but as I said in another thread there was not the same mystique as the williams game, not sure what it was but it just felt different, not play wise, but from a oh man I'm playing an awesome game that not a lot of people have. And same deal as above 8k for a game that I wouldn't see probably until christmas, well I don't like that idea. So I went with Star Trek Premium.

I played both the LE, and the pro version, and the LE is a different game. Some people may not agree but the light show you get from the multicolored LEDs, the rescue kick back on the left outlane and the VUK make it a different game. At the show I had no idea there was a premium model (I have not been keeping up on new releases especially stern at all) So once I got home and looked up the different models and investigating prices I was like wow, this premium model fits me perfect, same game as the LE, but doesn't have some of the extra eye candy which is fine. It is the same GAME which is the priority for me when buying a pinball that it is fun. I made that mistake on my first game with a street fighter, sure it was fun for a while but in a 1 pin collection not a good game. Star trek will not be that game, star trek was just so much fun, now in the hall it was hard to hear the callouts, and on limitied plays I started to get a sense of the rules but not like I have now after watching videos and reading threads. It makes me even more excited to get the game after reading about the rules etc.

Now since this is my first NIB I have been doing a lot of reading and made 1 order to get some new pinballs since everyone says the stern ones suck, I didn't want to put bad balls in my new game. I also ordered some wax, which I never waxed my previous game it was a players quality machine so I just cleaned it with novus and called it good. Any other recomendations for products I need on a new game? I heard that star trek has a different leg mounting position so a leg protector is not needed is that true?

A few other questions I have:
    1: Is the best way to unbox it to cut the box or is it better to lay it down in the box and pull the game out? I'm assuming if I need to pull the game out to inspect in case of shipping damage the easiest way would be to lay it down and pull the game out. But assuming no damage what is the preferred way?
    2. Waxing, I know me and I will put a few plays on the game before I break out the wax, I have a buddy coming to help me get the game in the house and we will want to play after we check all the connectors and get everything ready to go. If I put a few games on it do I need to do a full wipe down novus 2 make sure everything is perfect then wax? Or is it ok to just do a quick wipedown of the game then wax?, Also for the first wax I am planning on just waxing the main areas I can access without tearing down the machine, is that ok?
    3. Anything else I should know about a NIB game that I am missing? I know there may be some issues and I am prepared to tweak things a bit if needed, and I have read the star trek issues thread so I am aware of the issues particular to star trek.

Thanks everyone for your help, and sorry this post got a little long.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fluffybunny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-nib-on-the-way-thoughts-on-which-game-included?tu=fluffybunny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.