IMG_1404_(800x533).jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSC01208.JPG
photo(7).JPG
photo(6).JPG
DSC01960.JPG
DSC01952.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 11 years ago

That blows. Unacceptable for $6k.

#39 11 years ago

I tell you what, if my Premium I'm getting on Friday looks like that, I'm going to fight like hell to have them ship out a fully populated playfield to swap out, and they can have that crap sent back to them.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Where's Lloyd? He could probably chime in to the B/W issues he had over the years as an operator buying NIB games from them back in the day.

It's all about the change in client demographics. They now cater more towards home buyers than ever, so they better get used to us nitpicking stuff like this. Those sorts of playfield issues wouldn't be any concern to an op back in the day.

#89 11 years ago

Speechless. I'm pretty worried about mine.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Some spots on mine too.

Is yours also from this same run?

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from rad:

yes, received and unboxed on Tues. I don't have nearly as many spots on the mini playfield window, but there are some.

Oh boy. I'm sure Stern will resolve this satisfactorily for everyone, but it sure is irritating. I wonder if there are ANY from this run that don't have spots?

#96 11 years ago

Where are those spots? Are they in the clear? If so, I'm guessing they are all over the playfield, just less noticeable.

It almost looks like there is some protective film left on one side of the window.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dude, seriously. Do you understand that Stern takes care of it's customers?
Do you realize that if something is wrong, Stern will make it right? I have several examples of this myself. So do many other Pinsiders.
You act as though they sell a pin that doesn't work and that's the end of the story.

Yep, that's all I've seen/heard as well. I'm not too worried about any issues I might have because of this. It's just a shame that they don't check these things closer before shipping (or maybe they do, and they consider them minor). Probably much cheaper to deal with the relatively few people that will actually consider these to be issues on a case by case basis.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

The spots will somehow start to run causing lines like a Spiderweb. Its a free special effect

So the clearcoat bubbles turn into cracks? Geez.

#141 11 years ago

I got my Premium today, and it looks great. There is one really small mark on the window, but it might rub off; I've been too busy playing to check. Oh, a couple of the legs did come out of the box, and have some small chips on them, I'll probably contact Stern/JJ and see if I can get replacements. I also had to adjust the right ramp, but that took maybe five seconds.

Overall, I'm very happy, and it's a blast to play.

5768E8A0-536F-46F7-8439-85CBCE02BEEA[1.jpg5768E8A0-536F-46F7-8439-85CBCE02BEEA[1.jpg

#143 11 years ago

Grr, just noticed that one of my horns has some cracking in it, not sure if I was just blind before, or if an airball or something caused it. Also just noticed a black mark next to the dithered grey/black area to the right of the right horn.

Going to contact Stern about these issues and I'll see what they say. Not sure what they'll do, because I don't expect them to replace the playfield for issues this minor, but they sure do bug me and are pretty noticeable now that I've seen them.

#146 11 years ago

My cannon started getting stuck against the ramp too. Tried adjusting it, but there didn't seem to be enough play to fix it.

#148 11 years ago

Yeah, I've already tried pulling on it. That worked at first, because the front of the cannon was hitting the ramp (now it slides under it a little), but the back of the cannon is hitting the ramp. I really don't like the idea of having to cut into the ramp at all.

#164 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballwiz:

Big update.
Just heard back from JJ. Stern is going to replace my playfield for me. They are going to send me a populated playfield so I can swap it out. Hopefully the replacement will be defect free.
Big thanks to JJ for pushing this for me. I cannot recommend him enough for a great guy to buy your next NIB pinball from. He has worked hard to get this problem fixed.

That's great to hear. Hopefully they will look over your playfield a bit better before they send it out.

Sent Pat an email about my issues, still waiting to hear back. If nothing by next week, I'll see if JJ can help out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-nib-acdc-premium?tu=flashburn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.