(Topic ID: 13328)

First look: Tron ramp protectors!

By Cliffy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0755.jpg
    images.jpeg
    tron_ramp_broken.jpg
    DSC_0270.JPG
    DSC_0269.JPG
    DSC_0268.JPG
    2012-03-02_09.13.35.jpg
    tony-broke-tron2.jpg
    tony-broke-tron1.jpg
    Melikey.jpeg
    9-tron-ramps-color7.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color5.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color4.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color3.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color2.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 12 years ago

hi Cliffy,

again, a "nice & more than needed" protection...
    again, something STERN should have placed themselves, almost on the LE

btw, to let you know (...), i have this kind of protection on the ramp of my NBA, and this did not prevent the plastic to be broken anyway (not completly), almost, it remain "in place", and thats better than nothing of course (else i suppose it would have been 100% broken)

we should order few pieces for Belgium TRONers

++

1 month later
    #139 11 years ago

protectors are now arrived in Belgium (to Eric), waiting to be distributed soon

cool, lets hope we didnt break the ramps before...

tanx (in advance) Cliffy

3 weeks later
    #187 11 years ago

to Cliffy & others, a small feedback :

one little thing to say about the protectors & how they "fit" compare to the original gameplay

before, on the left ramp, when i was to weak to climb it, the back ball was OK, with only few drains right in the middle

now, with the (left side) protector, it didnt match the small curve/angle of the ramp, as the metal is of course perfectly flat, and quite always, back ball on that ramp = middle drain

what i did : just lightly curve the protector to match the ramp curve (simple as that huh), and the gamplay is back as before...

this happend on MY pinball, with MY settings
    than, take this for information, and of course dont blame me if you damage your protector

a good day to evbd

#190 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Yes if there is a curve in your ramps you'll need to massage the protector by pulling it between your fingers applying just enough pressure for a gentle curve. On the TRON LE I have here only the right ramp has a curve. The left ramp sides are pretty damn straight.

yep, when i said left ramp, its the left entry to the right ramp...

++

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-tron-ramp-protectors?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.