(Topic ID: 13328)

First look: Tron ramp protectors!

By Cliffy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0755.jpg
    images.jpeg
    tron_ramp_broken.jpg
    DSC_0270.JPG
    DSC_0269.JPG
    DSC_0268.JPG
    2012-03-02_09.13.35.jpg
    tony-broke-tron2.jpg
    tony-broke-tron1.jpg
    Melikey.jpeg
    9-tron-ramps-color7.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color5.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color4.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color3.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color2.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color1.jpg

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

I will be in for a set

Quoted from taz:

Cliffy, please count me in for a set too.

You guys need to email him to be put on the list like he posted! Why is know one paying attention to that?

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

mulder2010 said:Cliff - are you making a protector for the arcade scoop?
    He had one in test but had a lot of ball hangups. Only option right now is the mantis protector inside the scoop which so far has been good for me.

do you have a picture of this?

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

TomGWI said:mulder2010 said:Cliff - are you making a protector for the arcade scoop?
    He had one in test but had a lot of ball hangups. Only option right now is the mantis protector inside the scoop which so far has been good for me.
    do you have a picture of this?

Someone probably does

#104 11 years ago

Count me in for a set

#105 11 years ago

I tried to email him and i got a 'cannot be delivered' message back. I also want a set but cant email him?

#106 11 years ago

If you get a bounce on my [email protected] email try my [email protected] address. I don't use it nearly as much but it does seem to work when the other won't.

#107 11 years ago

I Just got done installing mine today, they work and fit great. Now I can play some pinball.
    Thanks again Cliffy.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

I Just got done installing mine today, they work and fit great. Now I can play some pinball.
    Thanks again Cliffy.

Excellent! Glad you like 'em and you're absolutely welcome. Thank YOU for your confidence in my efforts

#109 11 years ago

Got my Protectors today and installed them. Thank You! Thank You! Cliffy.

DSC_0268.JPGDSC_0268.JPG DSC_0269.JPGDSC_0269.JPG DSC_0270.JPGDSC_0270.JPG

#110 11 years ago

Mine arrived in the mail today. Installed and ready to battle CLU now. Thanks for getting these done Cliff!

Jason S.

#111 11 years ago

Still waiting on the email. Glad they're going out and working great!

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from ARTMAN:

Still waiting on the email. Glad they're going out and working great!

+1

I wonder how long the wait list is?

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

I'd like to know, too. For those of you that received yours, did Cliffy invoice you when your name made it to the top of the wait list, or did you pay in advance?

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from chriskd:

Drano said:I wonder how long the wait list is?
    I'd like to know, too. For those of you that received yours, did Cliffy invoice you when your name made it to the top of the wait list, or did you pay in advance?

He contacted me with the amount. I was on the waiting list.

#115 11 years ago

He sent an e-mail saying that I was up, and I paid him.

#116 11 years ago

Thanks guys! I guess I'm farther down on the waiting list than I thought.

#117 11 years ago

Me 2

#118 11 years ago

Got mine in the mail today and installed tonight. I took a scotch bright pad to them to match the grain to the other protector and ball guides. Lookin good. I also dipped my toe into the world of Cliffy bumper sleeves.

Thanks Cliffy!

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I also dipped my toe into the world of Cliffy bumper sleeves.
    Thanks Cliffy!

This is a must for every game.

#120 11 years ago

You know what you guys are?

My friends. Thanks, I'm humbled

#121 11 years ago

I just got mine installed sweet…

#122 11 years ago

I've never bought a protector from him yet (about to change very shortly..) but I did get some of his colored post sleeves and man they ROCK. Vibrant excellent color, the ones I ordered matched the color lanes in Pinbot DEAD ON, they were awesome in there. Man I miss that game.

I'm going to order some for my STTNG for sure, maybe Space Shuttle.

Just thought I'd chime in on that, yes they are THAT awesome. I <3 Cliffy post sleeves.

Oh yeah, and they don't make your hands smell like rubber and don't leave crap all over your playfield too.

#123 11 years ago

Can anyone recommend how many (post protectors) to replace on a Tron Pro and what colors you think would look best?

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from soons:

Can anyone recommend how many (post protectors) to replace on a Tron Pro and what colors you think would look best?

I went with Yellow and Orange. Not too many places for them. They are slightly fatter then stock.

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

I suppose I need to go ahead and get on the list for this as well...anyone know how long the list is at the moment? The product looks really fantastic.

#126 11 years ago

Cliffy, I think that I need a set of Tron ramp protectors.

tron_ramp_broken.jpgtron_ramp_broken.jpg

#127 11 years ago

Ouch!!!
    Got my email today! Super stoked.
    Thanks Cliff!

#128 11 years ago

You're on the list Palomar. Thanks for emailing me direct. Your damage is 100% typical. Evevry broken one I've seen is just like that and the same on the left side of the right ramp

My second batch is done at laser and I'll be a bending fool to catch up with you guys. Hang in there. I'm shipping these every day.

#129 11 years ago
    Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

Cliffy, I think that I need a set of Tron ramp protectors.

Attachments tron_ramp_broken.jpg (262 KB, 0 downloads) 21 hours old

I believe its a bit too late for protection. Since it broke does Stern stand behind this sort of thing and mail you out a new ramp? As this was not your fault. Thankfully Cliffy is around to provide us with protection. Post sleeve question, on my HS it calls for 7/8 of an inch and notice the cliffy sleeves are 1 inch, do you/ or does he make 7/8 sleeves? Thanks

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

ARTMAN said:Still waiting on the email. Glad they're going out and working great!
    +1

I emailed on April 23rd for mine to get on the list and Cliff emailed me today I was up for mine. So, under 3 weeks is pretty darn good I think...thanks for cranking them out Cliff, lots of Trons to protect!

Kevin

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from cleland:

I emailed on April 23rd for mine to get on the list and Cliff emailed me today I was up for mine

Hmmm, I emailed Cliffy on March 21 to get on the wait list and haven't received an email, yet. Guess I'll re-email him.

#132 11 years ago

Our protectors arrived this week, installed them yesterday. easy install.
    They look great!

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from chriskd:

Hmmm, I emailed Cliffy on March 21 to get on the wait list and haven't received an email, yet. Guess I'll re-email him.

I emailed you on the 29th Chris and again tonight - twice!

#134 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I believe its a bit too late for protection. Since it broke does Stern stand behind this sort of thing and mail you out a new ramp? As this was not your fault. Thankfully Cliffy is around to provide us with protection. Post sleeve question, on my HS it calls for 7/8 of an inch and notice the cliffy sleeves are 1 inch, do you/ or does he make 7/8 sleeves? Thanks

#1- maybe too late to prevent (protect) but the protector will still fill the gap allowing for perfect game play.

#2- no, I don't do 7/8" but they are easy to trim with a single edged razor. What I do is slip the sleeve into a shooter sleeve as a way to keep the end squared up. Just let 1/8" stick out the end and slice with your razor.

#135 11 years ago

Cliffy

that looks sweet

thanks for making these

#136 11 years ago

great job on the design. shame on stern, props to cliff! mine worked out great with the new ramp. thanks again cliff.

#137 11 years ago

Got my protectors today! Thanks Cliff!

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

I emailed you on the 29th Chris and again tonight - twice!

Looping back on this one: was able to connect with Cliffy through an alternate email and he promptly sent out the ramp protectors. Installed them and they look great! Cliffy is a class-act (no surprise)! Thank you, Cliffy!

#139 11 years ago

protectors are now arrived in Belgium (to Eric), waiting to be distributed soon

cool, lets hope we didnt break the ramps before...

tanx (in advance) Cliffy

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Got my protectors today! Thanks Cliff!

Hey Shock_Me

Do you know what # on the list you were? I was 24th, and mine were shipped on the 5th. Still have not received them. My guess is the got hung up at the border.

#141 11 years ago

My Tron is now fully Cliffy'd out! Thanks Cliffy for protecting us once again from the destructive tyranny of the mighty silver orb!
    A toast!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

Hip-hip-Hooray!

#142 11 years ago

Still waiting

#143 11 years ago

Installed 3 Cliffy protectors yesterday and they look great. Is anybody concerned about protecting the flynn hole?

#144 11 years ago

Nope!

IMG_0755.jpgIMG_0755.jpg

Just PM him to see if he has any left JPP. (Or, can possibly make more?)
    I know it's not a perfect system but it sure beats an exposed wooden lip!
    Steel > Wood...

#145 11 years ago

Got my ramp protector kit, perfect fit and finish. Easy install.
    Excellent upgrade. Also put in a Kerry scoop protector.
    Flawless play. Top notch product. A must have.

#146 11 years ago

I would like to be added to the "list" as I am interested in a set as well...

#147 11 years ago

Just got mine on along with my Flynn sign....oh, the mods.....!!! lol They fit great Cliffy, thanks!

#148 11 years ago

Ok, having a "duh" moment here.. got my cliffys today (yes!) but seems my pro left ramp doesnt have a hole for the left ramp protector to use the zip tie (oops). Does anyone else have a pro without the hole and how did you attach it? I was thinking double sided tape rather than drilling a hole? Thanks..

#149 11 years ago

I picked up a set of protectors at Pin a go-go. Any advice for installing on the left ramp, left side on a tron pro without a zip tie hole?

Thanks!

#150 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

Ok, having a "duh" moment here.. got my cliffys today (yes!) but seems my pro left ramp doesnt have a hole for the left ramp protector to use the zip tie (oops). Does anyone else have a pro without the hole and how did you attach it? I was thinking double sided tape rather than drilling a hole? Thanks..

Drilled a hole. Carefully. Ok, TheKorn drilled the ramp because my close vision is awful. Looks great. No big deal.

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-tron-ramp-protectors/page/3?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.