(Topic ID: 13328)

First look: Tron ramp protectors!

By Cliffy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0755.jpg
    images.jpeg
    tron_ramp_broken.jpg
    DSC_0270.JPG
    DSC_0269.JPG
    DSC_0268.JPG
    2012-03-02_09.13.35.jpg
    tony-broke-tron2.jpg
    tony-broke-tron1.jpg
    Melikey.jpeg
    9-tron-ramps-color7.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color5.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color4.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color3.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color2.jpg
    9-tron-ramps-color1.jpg
    There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 12 years ago

I installed a prototype set of 3 ramp protectors today and they look fantastic, even if I do say so myself I plan to drop these into my next laser run and hope to have metal in hand by mid to late April. Pinside gets the first look so, please, enjoy the show!

2-Tron-ramp-slide-left-rt.jpg2-Tron-ramp-slide-left-rt.jpg 5-Tron-ramp-left-zip2.jpg5-Tron-ramp-left-zip2.jpg 7-Tron-ramp-left-done.jpg7-Tron-ramp-left-done.jpg 7-Tron-ramp-left-done2.jpg7-Tron-ramp-left-done2.jpg 8-Tron-ramp-right1.jpg8-Tron-ramp-right1.jpg 8-Tron-ramp-right2.jpg8-Tron-ramp-right2.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Hmmmm. Howzabout some lit up LE color pics too!?

9-tron-ramps-color1.jpg9-tron-ramps-color1.jpg 9-tron-ramps-color2.jpg9-tron-ramps-color2.jpg 9-tron-ramps-color3.jpg9-tron-ramps-color3.jpg 9-tron-ramps-color4.jpg9-tron-ramps-color4.jpg 9-tron-ramps-color5.jpg9-tron-ramps-color5.jpg 9-tron-ramps-color7.jpg9-tron-ramps-color7.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Damn your fast! Great work!

#4 12 years ago

Nice Cliffy, I passed this topic on to my buddy that owns the LE...

#5 12 years ago

Can I place my order now?

#6 12 years ago

Cliffy, looks awesome. Can you make something to protect the left ramp on I500? Shots from the upper right flipper bash the side of the ramp and the stock protector doesn't extend far enough.

#7 12 years ago

KICK ASS! so when can I order great work Cliffy!

#8 12 years ago

+100000000

#9 12 years ago

So goooooood!

Melikey.jpegMelikey.jpeg

I need to change my tights...

#10 12 years ago

NIM! HA!

Ok, can't order yet exactly but email me and I'll put you in my order hold list for when they are ready.

Jay I'll have to have a look at I500 pics. Been a while since I've had one here.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

#11 12 years ago

amazing! You sure work fast!

#12 12 years ago

Nice and long. Should do a great job on those ramps. Seriously thinking about a pro after Coasterguys "Le mods".

#13 12 years ago

Cliffy

I don't own this machine but thanks for your hard work protecting all of our other machines.
    Great job and keep it up.

Thank you

#14 12 years ago

thats some quick work there C

plenty of room up the blades for some laser cut detailing to let the light through.......

DR

#15 12 years ago

Awesome work! I can't wait to order a pair. Will be nice if these are ready at the same time the new Tron code comes out as it will be getting much play then!

#16 12 years ago

Yeah quality work there. Given that its such a fast game I would have expected the ramps to break eventually without these protectors

#17 12 years ago

They look sweet.

#18 12 years ago

Cliff

Add me to the list. They look great. Thanks.

Mark

#19 12 years ago

I play my LE way too much so when can I order? Sooner I get these the better. Awesome work as always Cliffy! Btw are there any protectors for ironman ramps the right side of the right ramp on IM is the only one not protected.

#20 12 years ago

Cliffy,

I would be in for a set as soon as they are available.

Fred

#22 12 years ago

Awsome

#23 12 years ago

Very nice indeed, Cliffy! I'm definitely in for a set when they become available so put me down!

#24 12 years ago

Looks factory! Nice job, and very fast!

#25 12 years ago

Yeah quality work there. Given that its such a fast game I would have expected the ramps to break eventually without these protectors

I've received quite a few pics pretty much starting weeks after Tron was released showing cracks and total chunks blown out. Anthony sent me these pics from his game back in November. OUCH!

tony-broke-tron1.jpgtony-broke-tron1.jpg tony-broke-tron2.jpgtony-broke-tron2.jpg

#26 12 years ago

They look very nice!!

#27 12 years ago

Cliffy do you do IM protectors? Specifically right hand side of the right ramp?

#28 12 years ago

Wow those look great Cliff!!! I am sure glad we have people like you out there in this hobby developing ways to keep our pins as good as new!

#29 12 years ago

Great job as always, Cliff!

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Cliffy do you do IM protectors? Specifically right hand side of the right ramp?

For quite some time now, yes
    http://www.passionforpinball.com/ironman.htm

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Wow those look great Cliff!!! I am sure glad we have people like you out there in this hobby developing ways to keep our pins as good as new!

Thanks to YOU bud, for making room to accomodate my Batman Forever. This gave me room to take in the Tron. Speaking of which I havent heard whether or not it's still welcome in your home

#32 12 years ago

Count me in for one set.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks to YOU bud, for making room to accomodate my Batman Forever. This gave me room to take in the Tron. Speaking of which I havent heard whether or not it's still welcome in your home

No problem at all. It is cool having another pin around and even better to know I am helping out a pinhead that puts in so much effort to provide the community with unique and useful products! I still have room for the wide body and am taking good care of it.

#34 12 years ago

Outstanding! I'm gonna order a set for my LE as soon as they're available. Thanks Cliffy!

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

JonM said:Cliffy do you do IM protectors? Specifically right hand side of the right ramp?
    For quite some time now, yes
    http://www.passionforpinball.com/ironman.htm

Ah! You truly are a king of pinball bearing gifts.

Any idea when the TRON protectors will be ready? Got a few friends aswell as myself that want IM and your SM protectors might aswell buy them all at once. Again great work Cliffy!

#36 12 years ago

Cliffy- awesome job. Put me on the list.
    pin15

#37 12 years ago

Might as well get started on making some for AC/DC as well

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

I installed a prototype set of 3 ramp protectors today and they look fantastic, even if I do say so myself I plan to drop these into my next laser run and hope to have metal in hand by mid to late April. Pinside gets the first look so, please, enjoy the show!

Attachments 8-Tron-ramp-right2.jpg (269.7 KB, 1 downloads) 20 hours old 8-Tron-ramp-right1.jpg (319.8 KB, 0 downloads) 20 hours old 7-Tron-ramp-left-done2.jpg (387.9 KB, 0 downloads) 20 hours old 7-Tron-ramp-left-done.jpg (388.3 KB, 0 downloads) 20 hours old 5-Tron-ramp-left-zip2.jpg (280.7 KB, 0 downloads) 20 hours old 2-Tron-ramp-slide-left-rt.jpg (356.8 KB, 0 downloads) 20 hours old

SWEET !!! I'll post this on the Tron Pinball facebook page !

#39 12 years ago

After looking at those pictures, the only question that I have is whether it is easier to hit the GEM shot after removing the "U" target?!

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

After looking at those pictures, the only question that I have is whether it is easier to hit the GEM shot after removing the "U" target?!

Funny you mention that. I talked with Borg about this, he said that's the one thing he wished he would have changed and made that a slash cut entrance ramp to bring the right side slightly higher. It is a tough shot.

#41 12 years ago

The ACDC PRO ramps are the same way. Start making them for the Pro. LEs seems to have metal protectors but not pro.

2012-03-02_09.13.35.jpg2012-03-02_09.13.35.jpg

#42 12 years ago

Seems to be the way since Avatar I think, no protectors on pros but protectors on LEs. More I see of AC/DC the more fun it looks.

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

RobT said:After looking at those pictures, the only question that I have is whether it is easier to hit the GEM shot after removing the "U" target?!
    Funny you mention that. I talked with Borg about this, he said that's the one thing he wished he would have changed and made that a slash cut entrance ramp to bring the right side slightly higher. It is a tough shot.

Very interesting! I know someone who would eat his words on this one. I always maintained that the GEM shot probably didn't turn out exactly the way that they wanted. Thanks for the info.

#44 12 years ago

Just got the Cliffy for the SM kick out in the mail today. Thank you Cliff, I must say you one of the coolest pinball enthusiasts out there!

#45 12 years ago

SM kick out? Huh....

I need tron ramp protectors too!!!

I did a little R&D with Cliff for the Tron scoop protector but I couldn't get it to work perfect. Glad to see the ramps will be getting the cliffy treatment soon.

#46 12 years ago

I need these when available, as well.

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Might as well get started on making some for AC/DC as well

Yep. Hope I can. I'll be talking to Steve shortly

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

SWEET !!! I'll post this on the Tron Pinball facebook page !

I'll have to look for that. Thanks Jase!

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

LOL! I did put the target back Rob I think the hardest shot is the right mini-orbit under the ramp. Wow what a booger to hit!

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Just got the Cliffy for the SM kick out in the mail today. Thank you Cliff, I must say you one of the coolest pinball enthusiasts out there!

I think you meant best lookin' Pete but cool will do Thanks man and enjoy!

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-tron-ramp-protectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.