Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MikeO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Guys I picked this up yesterday, and just doing some initial troubleshooting. The game seems to play 100% except for one issue, described in the video.

I have looked at what I would consider to be the obvious things. Let me know if you think I missing something here.

The other thing, in addition to the video content, is that once the ball is in the shooter line (so the game thinks a game is underway), if I manually actuate the 10 point relay in the head, it stays locked in. It is not locked in upon game start up, though.

#2 3 years ago

On the star roll overs that say 100 and advance when lit...do they score 10 points when NOT lit?

#3 3 years ago

You've checked the On Adds Nth Tens switch, where N is the currently active player? That's the switch that should break the circuit, causing the N relay to release...

Does it lock up when you activate the N relay when a different player is active?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

if I manually actuate the 10 point relay in the head, it stays locked in

Check the end of stroke switches on the 10 Point score reels, especially the one on the 1st player.

#5 3 years ago

I've seen it worth going through the 10 point relay again as a solution also.

Are you using a point file to clean the contacts?

#6 3 years ago

Thanks, guys. I'll be able to check the game again this evening. Will take a look at those EOS switches. Yes, I use a flexstone to clean the contacts and will double-check the 10 point relay again as well. It's very strange how it's pulling in an staying locked on but none of the 10-point switches on the PF see to be the culprit.

#7 3 years ago

I haven’t ordered the manual yet, and although I have the schematic, I need the start up sequence for jungle.

Can anybody send me a photo of that page?

This game has got more issues than just the one I posted above. Now, somewhat schizophrenically, the score motor is just spinning and the reset bank won’t reset upon startup. Need to start at the beginning.

#8 3 years ago

I own one if you need pics of anything inside the pin....

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Lathroum:

I own one if you need pics of anything inside the pin....

Thanks, if you can send me a photo of the page in your manual with the startup sequence, that would be great. I may have to set "Jungle" aside for a few weeks as I work on restoring a "Big Hit" for a friend, but will get back to it soon. Thank you Lathroum.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Yes, I use a flexstone to clean the contacts

In my experience a flexstone will not provide consistent service to more weathered contacts. Get a point file.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

In my experience a flexstone will not provide consistent service to more weathered contacts. Get a point file.

I do have one. I usually only use that on high-power contacts like flippers (I thought I read on here somewhere it was too abraisive to use on others, but always open to new advice!

#12 3 years ago

Don't go nuts with it. I find you get a consistent refresh with a point file over a flex stone. I only go a couple of passes with it across each set of points with reasonable pressure from closing the switch.

On longer throw switches as is more prevalent on Williams games I'm a fan of Nic's dremel approach. It provides a nice consistent refresh on points. You can't use it on the Gottlieb relays from the 60's and 70's though.

Go through the score relay again with the point file and see what you get.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-gtb-jungle-tech-question-10-point-relay-stuck?hl=lathroum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.