Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Aflacjack
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DB113FA9-1544-4AAD-BE6A-5CA605D2F4E4 (resized).jpeg
    F146F3BB-0302-42F1-84F6-B11F122E2A6A (resized).jpeg
    Queen (resized).jpg
    Queen (resized).png
    C88990C9-582C-4205-9215-3EE02AB557A1 (resized).jpeg
    C12B38AA-4230-47A7-AA45-9F2BF74F9B82 (resized).jpeg
    D22E4E9B-C5C5-4DED-8B51-7EBB6BF36346 (resized).jpeg
    7CCEDFDA-66C9-489F-A747-B2BDDBB9B3D3 (resized).jpeg
    DN_HPH1X4AM9nUW (resized).jpeg
    79AA83B9-23EC-4010-889A-018B529A14FF (resized).jpeg
    2706486F-6F67-4CA2-AC4F-6B741658C5CE (resized).jpeg
    B6141BDD-01E5-41DA-AB36-7832B67D7FB8 (resized).png
    SS20_Mens_Tops_Callouts_03_720x (resized).jpg
    96F4F036-C24F-4B95-BC4F-3DD97BC080C1.gif
    F3C521CE-B4BE-416D-A7B8-E7CD63882C6A (resized).jpeg
    20200621_203046 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 2 years ago

Any video of it? You have one of the most iconic band licenses ever. And you also have one of worst reveals ever, worst most simplistic artwork that makes Led Zeppelin look like a work of art, zero official announcement or press release.

Home brew look again for one of the top music pins ever that could be made into a game. A lot of bad first here. Looks like the band designed this, well I hope they did for pinball brothers sake. Man this looks bad. Hopefully it has a killer light show lol.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Do you not understand the difference between a leak and a reveal? These pictures came from articles about the Queen pop up store. The store just so happened to have the machine in there. PB didn't reveal this. Journalists did - probably with the okay from whoever owns the store. Maybe it was intentional, maybe not...who knows...but I don't think PB had anything to do with it (other than apparently working on the machine)
    And further...given how bad the reveals have been by PB in the past...I don't imagine it would be much better than this lol.

Again this is a reveal regardless how it is done, do you not understand that? This is our first impression and it is not a good one. PB should have been ahead of this, instead we get some random person posting pics because they went inside to see the Queen store. They new damn well this was going to happen. Stop being a fanboy apologist.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

fanboy apologist? Get off your drugs. It's called common sense. I don't disagree, someone probably fucked up, but get a grasp of the human language.

Which you seem to lack. Stay healthy my friend and I will have what your having. Fanboy

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Just curious, do you go through the same set of emotions with every game you see? Have you reached the 'I got my pre-order' in phase yet or are you still stuck on the 'it's horrible' phase?

I was not thrilled with Godzilla artwork nor am I with queen. These are two grail themes for me so I am going to be more critical. I was let down by zeppelin also. I am looking forward to Halloween and have a CE ordered. I am not a Halloween fan at all but the wife is and wanted it.

So I am unfortunately going to be more critical. I did not buy LZ and down the road get a Godzilla premium used possibly. When most people have an emotional attachment to an IP it’s difficult not to be overly critical, but I also do NOT set my expectations high.

I love Jurrasic park and the pin. Getting a premium next run. For me that pin was done right and checked off enough boxes for me to buy NIB. Same with AIQ, I am not a huge Marvel fan, but it’s an awesome game and I bought a pro.

Just with an IP I love and want, if it’s done poorly I will point it out and not convince myself I love it. I did art for a long time and I look at things differently I guess from a design viewpoint. This just looks bad from an artistic point of view.

For me Aerosmith art was a grand slam and LZ a cut and paste effort, but better than queen imo.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah, you’re probably right. I guess we’re talking about it, so they win?
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b52a55a318fc33d2095f952302ec95dc98469791-1632872894-1800"};
    //]]>

But not a lot of positive talk so do they really win? I guess bad press is still good press.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Their opinion is just as valid as yours.

Well said.

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

"it is important to note that the game on display at the Queen: The Greatest store is a non-playable prototype. It is very much a work-in-progress which was brought to London purely for display at the store. There are several mechanisms missing and there is no software other than to produce a light show and play audio and videos of the live performances on the backbox LCD panel and through the speakers."
    Now what do the 'no reveal' people have to say? Satisfied yet?

For one I or you didn’t have the information it was a prototype and one of the early pics had a woman playing it, and of course we didn’t know it was just a staged pic. So I as others I am sure assumed it was playable and not just a prop.

I have hope for the game because I really love queen and do not want it to turn out like LZ. Do not like the cabinet art at all and I bet Freddie wouldn’t either. He was about energy, passion, and kick ass music. The artwork should reflect that. Just look at his live performances.

Just my opinion and if you like it that’s fine. It’s impossible to please everyone but JJP did a damn good job on GNR LE cabinet art.

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:P-R-O-T-O-T-Y-P-E
    sure they smacked this together fast!

Oh it’s a prototype. I wouldn’t have known unless you added the dashes and yelled at me lol. But yeah it’s a prototype, but if the band likes it don’t expect much to change from what we see.

Guaranteed they have a lot of say in the design. They showed the band other set packages and got turned down.

I wish there were no live racks. Studio cut for We Will Rock You should be in there. The live version just lacks the heart rate inducing sound. But at least there’s 14 songs.

I hope it turns out well because my family and I are big queen fans and of pinball.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

That’s why they did Luci Vault.
    Art does matter to a lot of pin fans.

Exactly. If theme and art wasn’t important we would still have 1960’s Gottlieb games.

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

God sometimes I wish they'd go with that art!

HA! Yeah sometimes it is better lol

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

He was saying art won't sink a game alone - but gameplay will. Not that art is irrelevant.

I agree, but for what we are paying for current pins art is an important aspect. You wouldn’t buy an expensive sports car that runs great but the car looks like crap. Bottom line is you want your monies worth, and of course that’s up to the individual.

#233 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

If anyone is interested, I was able to get some video footage of the new Queen prototype in attract mode.
    https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-video-and-pictures-of-pinball-brothers-new-queen-pinball-machine

The more I see it the more I like it. Thanks for posting!! Looking forward to the release.

#236 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

So you've moved past the 'it's horrible stage' ! lol.
    I still think it looks meh, but then I've never been a huge Queen fan.

I am a huge queen fan and the artwork is growing on me. The video that was posted for me made the game look better. I know it’s a prototype. I have my Queen goggles somewhat on I guess.

But after hearing the constraints the artist had I am trying not too be overly critical as I once was not long ago. Better pics and more is coming out so my opinion is changing.

5 months later
    #241 2 years ago

Any news yet?

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Should be out by September. How different it will be (if at all) from the prototype shown in London, nobody knows.

They are behind then. I thought they said we would here some news In January 2022 after the Queen store closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-at-pinball-brothers-new-queen-pinball-machine?tu=BallyKISS1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.