Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Aflacjack
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DB113FA9-1544-4AAD-BE6A-5CA605D2F4E4 (resized).jpeg
    F146F3BB-0302-42F1-84F6-B11F122E2A6A (resized).jpeg
    Queen (resized).jpg
    Queen (resized).png
    C88990C9-582C-4205-9215-3EE02AB557A1 (resized).jpeg
    C12B38AA-4230-47A7-AA45-9F2BF74F9B82 (resized).jpeg
    D22E4E9B-C5C5-4DED-8B51-7EBB6BF36346 (resized).jpeg
    7CCEDFDA-66C9-489F-A747-B2BDDBB9B3D3 (resized).jpeg
    DN_HPH1X4AM9nUW (resized).jpeg
    79AA83B9-23EC-4010-889A-018B529A14FF (resized).jpeg
    2706486F-6F67-4CA2-AC4F-6B741658C5CE (resized).jpeg
    B6141BDD-01E5-41DA-AB36-7832B67D7FB8 (resized).png
    SS20_Mens_Tops_Callouts_03_720x (resized).jpg
    96F4F036-C24F-4B95-BC4F-3DD97BC080C1.gif
    F3C521CE-B4BE-416D-A7B8-E7CD63882C6A (resized).jpeg
    20200621_203046 (resized).jpg
    There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 2 years ago

Surely, to do a major theme justice and before losing out financially.
    Start by acquiring the IP/assets in the 1st instance.
    If you cannot get what you want, move on.
    Don’t go spending shit loads on a pin build to later find you cannot get the art / songs etc… the pin deserves.
    Seems backwards to me, poor business sense.

#202 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Seems backwards to me, poor business sense.

Seems kind of standard these days actually; strangely.

#203 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Surely, to do a major theme justice and before losing out financially.
    Start by acquiring the IP/assets in the 1st instance.
    If you cannot get what you want, move on.

1) Companies need to keep the lines moving.

2) They know they are going to sell "X" number of pins regardless.

Look how many people were waving fistfuls of cash around for Mandalorian before a single video of gameplay was even available.

I'd imagine its a tough situation for a Queen fan working for a pinball company and then you find out the vision you have in mind isn't possible due to budget and limits on what can be utilized from the IP.

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

God sometimes I wish they'd go with that art!

HA! Yeah sometimes it is better lol

#205 2 years ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Looks like a wide body - based on the small backbox overhang in the front on pic - looks identical to Alien. Art is pretty crappy - those art blades.... ugh

Yeah, the whole art package is very uninspired, and that cabinet...way too much dead area and ORANGE. They should have at least gotten paid by ORANGE brand amplifers for the subtle product placement.

And what's up with the terrible insert fonts? The whole thing looks very amateur.

#206 2 years ago

After seeing the hi res pics, the flyer, and the song list, I've changed my mind. It's actually pretty inspiring.

Pity it wasn't made by Stern or JJP - I'd probably pick one up.

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Exactly. If theme and art wasn’t important we would still have 1960’s Gottlieb games.

He was saying art won't sink a game alone - but gameplay will. Not that art is irrelevant.

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

He was saying art won't sink a game alone - but gameplay will. Not that art is irrelevant.

I agree, but for what we are paying for current pins art is an important aspect. You wouldn’t buy an expensive sports car that runs great but the car looks like crap. Bottom line is you want your monies worth, and of course that’s up to the individual.

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Weird Al Yankovic'

Frank's 10000 inch Bash Toy?

#210 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

That’s why they did Luci Vault.
    Art does matter to a lot of pin fans.

LOL, they already sold thousands upon thousands of AC/DCs....Luci Vault was actually a flop, which then later resulted in high resale because not many were made.

Also, Luci wasn't some artistic masterpiece. It had what looked like a homebrew translite & slapped a few cartoon girls on the lower playfield. The whole thing together is totally non-cohesive.

#211 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

had what looked like a homebrew translite & slapped a few cartoon girls on the lower playfield. The whole thing together is totally non-cohesive.

thank you.

#212 2 years ago

Just checked out the PinballNews article. I’m all in!

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/09/29/queen-pinball-revealed/

#213 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, they already sold thousands upon thousands of AC/DCs....Luci Vault was actually a flop, which then later resulted in high resale because not many were made.

Luci that didn't sell well wasn't a vault, it was the version they made at the end of the licensed run. Didn't the actual Luci vault sell pretty well because by then everyone was looking for the few Lucis that were made just for rarity's sake?

#214 2 years ago
    Quoted from MooButt:

Just checked out the PinballNews article.

the machine of a dream
    such a clean machine

#215 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Also, Luci wasn't some artistic masterpiece. It had what looked like a homebrew translite & slapped a few cartoon girls on the lower playfield. The whole thing together is totally non-cohesive.

Well I guess that’s what makes the world turn.
    I purchased the Luci Vault NIB and still have it now.
    I think the art is fantastic, the Mrs and I looked at it and much preferred this to the original.
    I guess you like Angus face on the PF and the bare chested Angus trans…. Lol
    Lol….

#216 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

And it was still 10x better than any of the actual AC/DC art. God those are ugly! Photorealistic faces on pins are not a great thing. Caricatures are the way to go.

#217 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

And it was still 10x better than any of the actual AC/DC art. God those are ugly! Photorealistic faces on pins are not a great thing. Caricatures are the way to go.

And I hated it on Aerosmith. So to each his own I suppose.

#218 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I hated it on Aerosmith. So to each his own I suppose.

I didn't like the Aerosmith art either....but it was about the style and color scheme for me.

#219 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I guess you like Angus face on the PF and the bare chested Angus trans…. Lol

I have AC/DC Prem. No face on the playfield. That’s the pro, and I’m not a hoe. Pro face was an awful artistic choice because it doesn’t match the rest & looked like a decal
    covering the obvious missing feature.

I don’t care about Angus without a shirt. I’m secure with myself, I guess. That’s who he was. A sweaty rock dude. If you love AC/DC, the actual reality of who they were shouldn’t bother anyone. Enjoy your rando purple cartoon girl…there are still sweaty dude photos on your playfield.

#220 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Non-cohesive, mmm not sure about that.
    Rock, Metal, alcohol and fast women
    Redhead, blonde and brunette are rock chicks

Kinda goes with that sort of lifestyle.

Luci version has no photoshop anywhere externally.
    We all know how peeps love photoshop.
    Which out of the two do you prefer below?
    C12B38AA-4230-47A7-AA45-9F2BF74F9B82 (resized).jpegC12B38AA-4230-47A7-AA45-9F2BF74F9B82 (resized).jpegC88990C9-582C-4205-9215-3EE02AB557A1 (resized).jpegC88990C9-582C-4205-9215-3EE02AB557A1 (resized).jpeg

#221 2 years ago

Definitely the first pic, because it looks like the Queen Playfield

#222 2 years ago

I definitely like the second picture better because it's much clearer and because you're pointing at it to subliminally get me to choose that one.

But really, I like the first one because Phil Rudd is in the picture and wasn't removed from the game for stupid reasons. (Look at the bottom...)

#223 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I definitely like the second picture better because it's much clearer and because you're pointing at it to subliminally get me to choose that one.

Ah, reminds me of Columbo 1973
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0069903/

#224 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Non-cohesive, mmm not sure about that.
    Rock, Metal, alcohol and fast women
    Redhead, blonde and brunette are rock chicks
    Kinda goes with that sort of lifestyle.
    Luci version has no photoshop anywhere externally.
    We all know how peeps love photoshop.
    Which out of the two do you prefer below?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I’m not talking about lifestyle. I’m not talking about the tool used. I’m talking about cohesive art package. It was created as a game with photos as the basis of the art. It is what it is, but the style is cohesive. Slapping a few cartoon stickers on the mini PF & wrapping the game in cartoon is a mismatch. I would have been all for a hand drawn new art package, but Luci is half assed.

Anyway, the point is being missed. Luci wasn’t done because AC/DC’s orig art was a failure. The game sold incredibly. Art didn’t hinder it. Luci was an attempt to boost some new sales after the game was already a blockbuster success.

#225 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

But really, I like the first one because Phil Rudd is in the picture and wasn't removed from the game for stupid reasons. (Look at the bottom...)

He wasn't removed on the original Luci.

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

He wasn't removed on the original Luci.

Then that's definitely the preferable one. I still don't get the cartoony chicks, though...no matter how people try to explain it to me.

#227 2 years ago

If anyone is interested, I was able to get some video footage of the new Queen prototype in attract mode.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-video-and-pictures-of-pinball-brothers-new-queen-pinball-machine

#228 2 years ago

Is there a reason you couldn’t play it?

#229 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Its non playable, display demo only.

#230 2 years ago

Probably isn't coded yet. The pinball news article also pointed out some mechs that weren't installed either

#231 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Its non playable, display demo only.

How do you know it’s playable? Was this mentioned somewhere? I’m curious to see what Knapp_Arcade has to say since it appears they were onsite?

#232 2 years ago

How do you know it’s playable? Was this mentioned somewhere? I’m curious to see what Knapp_Arcade has to say since it appears they were onsite?

With all due respect, I really wish people would read the stuff that's put out there. This was mentioned many times that it was a non-functioning game with missing mechs, etc. It was just for display. Literally a box of lights.

#233 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

If anyone is interested, I was able to get some video footage of the new Queen prototype in attract mode.
    https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-video-and-pictures-of-pinball-brothers-new-queen-pinball-machine

The more I see it the more I like it. Thanks for posting!! Looking forward to the release.

#234 2 years ago

It's even displayed on the machine!

Knapp Arcade has not been on site, a friend of his sent a video clip while they were there.

For a full and indepth review why not visit?

Which has been posted here before.

Queen (resized).pngQueen (resized).png
    #235 2 years ago

The more I see it the more I like it. Thanks for posting!! Looking forward to the release.

So you've moved past the 'it's horrible stage' ! lol.

I still think it looks meh, but then I've never been a huge Queen fan.

#236 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

So you've moved past the 'it's horrible stage' ! lol.
    I still think it looks meh, but then I've never been a huge Queen fan.

I am a huge queen fan and the artwork is growing on me. The video that was posted for me made the game look better. I know it’s a prototype. I have my Queen goggles somewhat on I guess.

But after hearing the constraints the artist had I am trying not too be overly critical as I once was not long ago. Better pics and more is coming out so my opinion is changing.

#237 2 years ago

Wow!! What a seriously underwhelming and horribly boring tribute machine, for one of the most incredible iconic rock bands ever!!!!!! Holy smokes, way to go way under the bar of standards for a new machine!!!!!!!!!!! Bland, ugly 3rd grade artwork (seer attached) and colors, and very basic playfield, from a company on shaky ground. Nothing new, nothing unique, just a pitiful attempt to capitalize on the Queen popularity without any significant effort or creativity. Let's all be prepared to donate another down payment to the Pinball Brothers that we will never see, or for a machine that will grow dust faster than a toupee in a hurricane and bring less than half its price when you dump it. I can't believe that the powers behind the Queen licensing would ever let such an abysmal attempt go to market. Guns N Roses is laughing already! (IMHO)

Queen (resized).jpgQueen (resized).jpg
    #238 2 years ago
    Quoted from WJxxxx:

It's even displayed on the machine!
    Knapp Arcade has not been on site, a friend of his sent a video clip while they were there.
    For a full and indepth review why not visit?
    Which has been posted here before.[quoted image]

How are you supposed to play a game if it’s disabled?

F146F3BB-0302-42F1-84F6-B11F122E2A6A (resized).jpegF146F3BB-0302-42F1-84F6-B11F122E2A6A (resized).jpeg
    #239 2 years ago

Nobody, apparently, seems to recall the behind-the-scenes making of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, and the stipulations placed upon it. Had the pin release actually been able to coincide closer to the movie, the art package it has now would be making a lot more sense.

2 months later
    #240 2 years ago

Just wondering if any news on this title yet ? Seems to have gone quite ???
    Seriously looking forward to this …

2 months later
    #241 2 years ago

Any news yet?

#242 2 years ago

Should be out by September. How different it will be (if at all) from the prototype shown in London, nobody knows.

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Should be out by September. How different it will be (if at all) from the prototype shown in London, nobody knows.

They are behind then. I thought they said we would here some news In January 2022 after the Queen store closed.

#244 2 years ago

They are behind then. I thought they said we would here some news In January 2022 after the Queen store closed.

Who isn't at this point?

1 month later
    #245 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who isn't at this point?

The people who update the sign showing gas prices at a store.

1 month later
    #246 1 year ago

The day is coming

DB113FA9-1544-4AAD-BE6A-5CA605D2F4E4 (resized).jpegDB113FA9-1544-4AAD-BE6A-5CA605D2F4E4 (resized).jpeg
    #247 1 year ago
    Quoted from DougAUS11:

The day is coming
    [quoted image]

i hope the alien apron mod folks are considering a Wembly Stadium apron mod for this Queen pin!!

#248 1 year ago

I have a couple pages to catch up on here, but now that PB is releasing a new pin; have they worked out the kinks from Alien giving people confidence?

#249 1 year ago

Queen isn’t really my thing but this game actually looks pretty cool. Maybe I’m just over the Stern homogeny. I’m definitely glad that there are other companies getting better and better everyday AP, Spooky PBBrothers. Can’t wait to see what the Stern shills and Burt hurt flippers have to say about this one. NOT.

There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-at-pinball-brothers-new-queen-pinball-machine/page/5?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.