Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Aflacjack
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DB113FA9-1544-4AAD-BE6A-5CA605D2F4E4 (resized).jpeg
    F146F3BB-0302-42F1-84F6-B11F122E2A6A (resized).jpeg
    Queen (resized).jpg
    Queen (resized).png
    C88990C9-582C-4205-9215-3EE02AB557A1 (resized).jpeg
    C12B38AA-4230-47A7-AA45-9F2BF74F9B82 (resized).jpeg
    D22E4E9B-C5C5-4DED-8B51-7EBB6BF36346 (resized).jpeg
    7CCEDFDA-66C9-489F-A747-B2BDDBB9B3D3 (resized).jpeg
    DN_HPH1X4AM9nUW (resized).jpeg
    79AA83B9-23EC-4010-889A-018B529A14FF (resized).jpeg
    2706486F-6F67-4CA2-AC4F-6B741658C5CE (resized).jpeg
    B6141BDD-01E5-41DA-AB36-7832B67D7FB8 (resized).png
    SS20_Mens_Tops_Callouts_03_720x (resized).jpg
    96F4F036-C24F-4B95-BC4F-3DD97BC080C1.gif
    F3C521CE-B4BE-416D-A7B8-E7CD63882C6A (resized).jpeg
    20200621_203046 (resized).jpg
    There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Well, I guess this is why I’m not making pinball machines. So I’m guessing PB will just randomly announce it officially in the next 2 weeks or is this it? The good news is PB is saving a lot of money on not having a Marketing Department

It will be officially announced and “marketed” at some point I would guess, like Alien. Remember those 1999 free software flyers with 6 different fonts? Probably something on that level.

#102 2 years ago

Seems like the store did a lot of work with all the merchandise, ads, magazine features. But you don’t think it’s at all strange nothing from the company that made the pin?

Strange? No - it just may not be ready to go on sale. Maybe it's just a prototype and the game isn't even finished yet or ready for production. This is a pop-up store promotion. They are getting free press for a 'coming soon' product. No need to try to make up a sales launch - this is just marketing buzz.

#103 2 years ago

Well, I guess this is why I’m not making pinball machines. So I’m guessing PB will just randomly announce it officially in the next 2 weeks or is this it? The good news is PB is saving a lot of money on not having a Marketing Department

An article about the store said November was the reveal for the pinball machine. But maybe they’ll bump it up since it sounds like UK people can go see it now

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It will be officially announced and “marketed” at some point I would guess, like Alien. Remember those 1999 free software flyers with 6 different fonts? Probably something on that level.

I want them to do another cryptic teaser campaign of showing random stuff like a leaf. Maybe they could start with a donkey.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Strange? No - it just may not be ready to go on sale. Maybe it's just a prototype and the game isn't even finished yet or ready for production. This is a pop-up store promotion. They are getting free press for a 'coming soon' product. No need to try to make up a sales launch - this is just marketing buzz.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I guess we’re talking about it, so they win?

#106 2 years ago

Yeah, you’re probably right. I guess we’re talking about it, so they win?
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b52a55a318fc33d2095f952302ec95dc98469791-1632872894-1800"};
    //]]>

But not a lot of positive talk so do they really win? I guess bad press is still good press.

#107 2 years ago

I guess I'm the only one that loves the artwork? Then again art is subjective, and I also don't recall a pinball machine making or breaking the top 20 because of the artwork. I can look past art if I love the game.

If this is real, I'm pretty excited about it. I think Queen is one of the absolute best titles out there, and if it's done right it could be a major player in the pinball market. Kudos to all who put their work into this title, may it be your best one yet!

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I guess I'm the only one that loves the artwork? Then again art is subjective, and I also don't recall a pinball machine making or breaking the top 20 because of the artwork. I can look past art if I love the game.

I'm not "loving" the artwork, especially when you look at what some of the other companies like Stern and Spooky are doing. But yes, artwork is not everything. Look how ugly Williams Flash is yet it was one of their highest selling pinballs of all time.

Queen is so engrained in my childhood and movies, this is a long time coming

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It will be officially announced and “marketed” at some point

With a Death on Four Legs flyer?

#110 2 years ago

I love Queen, but this is an easy pass for me if its real and looks like this. Playfield art is terrible. Now, if this was a home brew, then it looks pretty good IMO.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Good God that Art Package is horrible.
    If I have to hear Queen in any setting, I am leaving. I like pinball. But not enough to stomach hearing Queen.

Another one bites the dust!

#112 2 years ago

duh, duh, duh, ....

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Cool, go PB go!
    Translite, apron and cabinet art seems a bit empty/boring though :/

Quoted from Bingovit:

But that artwork though?!
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a857aade2943df6d836bdea5731d88cc84755971-1632880914-1800"};
    //]]>

Thought the same thing. But being maybe a prototype it makes sense to keep it very bland

Quoted from royneblom:

FANTASTIC !!!!!
    So good work guys !
    Looking forward to this game , love the music.

3 bud... THREE...

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

I’m curious (especially after all the Zombie Yeti Godzilla comments); after hearing about how “terrible” the art package is, who would’ve preferred the Brian Allen/Flyland Designs rejected art package? For those that don’t know, he submitted this art for this machine and was supposedly rejected by the band.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

This is really bad to be honest. It doesn't bring anything Queen with it. It's bad caricature. It's not themed properly. It's to edgy.

I'm betting this art package is NOT the final one, but I'm happy they rejected this one.

#115 2 years ago

“Hey guys, I accidentally made a mistake and loaded up a 300 pound pinball machine, the one we haven’t released yet, and while driving around with it just happened to run across a Queen store. It just made perfect sense to drop it off there”. Now if you tell me these 2 guys are The Pinball Brothers, we’ll it all makes sense now
    [quoted image]

Well at least they didnt bring it to Professor von Schwarzenhoffen's house by mistake. He hates and detests bad art packages.

L&H_Music_Box_1932 (resized).jpgL&H_Music_Box_1932 (resized).jpg
    #116 2 years ago

I think what we see here is a prototype for promotion in that shop event or whatever.

Maybe artwork will be very different.
    Maybe more will be different in it's final stage.

Anyway, it's something special in both ways.

#117 2 years ago

Too obvious?

2C503D8C-5F26-4C4D-A6CD-89D7F725949F (resized).jpeg2C503D8C-5F26-4C4D-A6CD-89D7F725949F (resized).jpeg
    #118 2 years ago

Don't make the classic mistake of dismissing a game based on the art package alone. A game with terrible artwork can still be a masterpiece. Gameplay is all that really matters - a combination of code, lighting effects and audio design.

AC/DC's art package is bloody awful, didn't make the slightest difference to it's massive success.

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Don't make the classic mistake of dismissing a game based on the art package alone. A game with terrible artwork can still be a masterpiece. Gameplay is all that really matters - a combination of code, lighting effects and audio design.
    AC/DC's art package is bloody awful, didn't make the slightest difference to it's massive success.

I have dismissed a number of pins based on the art package, if it's an eyesore I dont want it in my game room.

Part of the appeal of pinball IS THE ART, which is subjective of course depending on whom is viewing it.

That being said I'd not get too excited yet as all we have to go by is one prototype pin sitting by itself without explanation. Could be a tempest in a teapot as they say.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I was not thrilled with Godzilla artwork nor am I with queen. These are two grail themes for me so I am going to be more critical. I was let down by zeppelin also. I am looking forward to Halloween and have a CE ordered. I am not a Halloween fan at all but the wife is and wanted it.

So I am unfortunately going to be more critical

Think its time to open your own pinball company ...
    Show these current manufacturers how to make a perfect pinball machine ....
    Don't like it , don't buy it ...
    Build your own ...
    IMO your opinion has no merit

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Think its time to open your own pinball company ...
    Show these current manufacturers how to make a perfect pinball machine ....
    Don't like it , don't buy it ...
    Build your own ...

Wow! A little harsh. This is literally a discussion forum for pinball enthusiasts. Most of the discussion will be opinion and not fact. And we won't agree with all opinions. I agree with "don't like it, don't buy it", but "your opinion has no merit" is a little over the top even if it is your opinion

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from TwilightZone:

Wow! A little harsh.

how is this harsh? ... harsh would be shitting all over companies for doing a promo piece for a company and ranting on and on.... When did PB Brothers announce this game for sale?
    point being ... don't like don't buy it! all the crying and shitting on Pinball companies will not change the builds!

good times with more companies building games

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Their opinion is just as valid as yours.

#125 2 years ago

"it is important to note that the game on display at the Queen: The Greatest store is a non-playable prototype. It is very much a work-in-progress which was brought to London purely for display at the store. There are several mechanisms missing and there is no software other than to produce a light show and play audio and videos of the live performances on the backbox LCD panel and through the speakers."

Now what do the 'no reveal' people have to say? Satisfied yet?

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

amazing how no one reads before giving their input about how crappy the reveal and the game is !

looks good so far .. taking a widebody and squeezing everything down I think they did a great job... shows promise!

lots of good tunes in the unit!

good Luck Brothers of Pinball

#127 2 years ago

Interesting...
    I watched a documentary about Queen several months ago and how the band was brought together and their history.
    I can't remember which streaming service it was on.
    I would be interested to see how the machine plays and listen to the music and such.
    I hope they play "We are the champion" if you get the high score.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Their opinion is just as valid as yours.

Well said.

#129 2 years ago

They need to install a "Deacey" emulator inside so you can plug an electric guitar in and play through the speakers.
    Pretty much what Brian May was doing through car radios and tube radios.
    I had a Vox Brian May amp years ago, a cheesy little thing but it screamed for 100 bucks.
    That primitive device gave them their iconic sound and needs to be featured in some way in the machine.

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

"it is important to note that the game on display at the Queen: The Greatest store is a non-playable prototype. It is very much a work-in-progress which was brought to London purely for display at the store. There are several mechanisms missing and there is no software other than to produce a light show and play audio and videos of the live performances on the backbox LCD panel and through the speakers."

For one I or you didn’t have the information it was a prototype and one of the early pics had a woman playing it, and of course we didn’t know it was just a staged pic. So I as others I am sure assumed it was playable and not just a prop.

I have hope for the game because I really love queen and do not want it to turn out like LZ. Do not like the cabinet art at all and I bet Freddie wouldn’t either. He was about energy, passion, and kick ass music. The artwork should reflect that. Just look at his live performances.

Just my opinion and if you like it that’s fine. It’s impossible to please everyone but JJP did a damn good job on GNR LE cabinet art.

#131 2 years ago

After looking at the pics in that pinball news article at least the art waaay better than alien. In fact I love this bicycle insert. Man I had that bicycle race poster in my bedroom for like 6 years.

062-queen (resized).jpg062-queen (resized).jpg
    #132 2 years ago

This ruins it for me, well besides the poor artwork and lack of toys. Why live tracks versus studio masters? Are studio masters that much more to license versus live tracks?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

In fact I love this bicycle insert.

ERMAGERD HER BUTT IS HALF OUTSIDE THE INSERT

END OF THE WORLD, I AIN'T BUYING THAT!

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

ERMAGERD HER BUTT IS HALF OUTSIDE THE INSERT
    END OF THE WORLD, I AIN'T BUYING THAT!

You joke, but honestly a lot of the art doesn’t lineup with inserts at all. Just sloppy stuff.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This ruins it for me, well besides the poor artwork and lack of toys. Why live tracks versus studio masters? Are studio masters that much more to license versus live tracks?
    [quoted image]

Because it's based off their live performances which is the direction the license holders wanted to go, Dave covered that earlier.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

I agree with you. I watched the video on the pinball news article and all of that live footage and sound looks and sounds like shit. Plus now the half bike butt insert gate.

#137 2 years ago

Going to be monkey-gate all over again. That bike seat is molesting her ass.

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

I agree with you. I watched the video on the pinball news article and all of that live footage and sound looks and sounds like shit. Plus now the half bike butt insert gate.

Yeah not good, just watched the Pinball News video as well wow That rendition of "We will rock you" is disappointing compared to the studio version. What a missed opportunity.

Will wait for a JJP or Stern version with the studio versions lol.

#139 2 years ago

I think they went with live songs because they wanted to use the live footage to fill out the LCD instead of making a bunch of content for the screen.

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Going to be monkey-gate all over again. That bike seat is molesting her ass.

She has chosen to ride the bike. The bike is not alive. No controversy here.

#141 2 years ago

I think the artwork looks fine in the close-up high quality pictures. Some zones (esp. on the cabinet) are pretty empty. I don't think this is placeholder artwork, it looks pretty finished to me -- whether it is one's cup of tea or not.

Personally I don't get too excited about a music pin per se. I can listen to all the music and more on whatever streaming device I have for free. I'm an Iron Maiden fan but I'm more into the pin because it is NOT about the band but has a cool story and a baddie to fight.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

She has chosen to ride the bike. The bike is not alive. No controversy here.

You don't know that. She could be held at gunpoint to get nude and ride that bike! We don't know her history, what her motivations are, what drives her. Who is she?????

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

This stuff always comes down to money and availability...I'm guessing it is cheaper and easier to use these live versions than the original studio recordings, for whatever reason. Queen might not own/control the original studio recordings but do own Wembly '86 (or some other live) tapes, or something of that nature. Queen likely said they can use these live versions or nothing.

Just be happy they aren't re-recordings (like KISS offered up to Stern) with Adam Lambert or some other such nonsense.

At the end of the day, the Brothers of Pinball have to use what Queen gives them, they don't have a choice.

Didn't GNR also use recent live versions for these same reasons?

I still think the art is garbage but I do like all the "queen" stuff in it. Lots of cool inserts, little toys, and nods to Queen's history littered throughout the game.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Didn't GNR also use recent live versions for these same reasons?

GNR syncs the studio recordings to recent live footage.

#145 2 years ago

If they license the original tracks, then they have to start figuring out what to put on the screen. Music videos are the logical choice, but that’s more money. They could do master tracks with live footage, but they don’t have a ton of footage to work with like GNR

Think about the LCD rock band games. GNR and LZ use concert footage to supplement original animations. Beatles uses a mix of live performance and other random footage of the band. Alice Cooper does a comic book style because it’s what their team could afford/manage. Aerosmith did some very basic animations when Stern was figuring out what to do with the LCD screen, and likely had underestimated how much time/work was going to be involved (and most people don’t like the screen on Aerosmith).

I think the live footage combined with live songs is to be expected for how big and experienced Pinball Brothers are.

The LCD screen is so much work for how little players watch it.

#146 2 years ago

I may have no taste but I think it looks good as a prototype. Live recordings for me are hit and miss. Some bands I like listening to them and others I don't. I can say for sure that I do indeed like a lot of the live recordings of Queen so this is no issue for me.

#147 2 years ago

That's your opinion (lol) ... little cranky before coffee my apologies!

#148 2 years ago

Wow, people are being pretty harsh. What exactly don't you like about the artwork? I think it looks pretty good.

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

You joke, but honestly a lot of the art doesn’t lineup with inserts at all. Just sloppy stuff.

PROTOTYPE

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It seems to line up to me, the girl on the bike is positioned off to the right of the arrow, you can see the outline of the arrow underneath. It's an aesthetic decision, which I think looks fine.

There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-at-pinball-brothers-new-queen-pinball-machine/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.