Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Aflacjack
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DB113FA9-1544-4AAD-BE6A-5CA605D2F4E4 (resized).jpeg
    F146F3BB-0302-42F1-84F6-B11F122E2A6A (resized).jpeg
    Queen (resized).jpg
    Queen (resized).png
    C88990C9-582C-4205-9215-3EE02AB557A1 (resized).jpeg
    C12B38AA-4230-47A7-AA45-9F2BF74F9B82 (resized).jpeg
    D22E4E9B-C5C5-4DED-8B51-7EBB6BF36346 (resized).jpeg
    7CCEDFDA-66C9-489F-A747-B2BDDBB9B3D3 (resized).jpeg
    DN_HPH1X4AM9nUW (resized).jpeg
    79AA83B9-23EC-4010-889A-018B529A14FF (resized).jpeg
    2706486F-6F67-4CA2-AC4F-6B741658C5CE (resized).jpeg
    B6141BDD-01E5-41DA-AB36-7832B67D7FB8 (resized).png
    SS20_Mens_Tops_Callouts_03_720x (resized).jpg
    96F4F036-C24F-4B95-BC4F-3DD97BC080C1.gif
    F3C521CE-B4BE-416D-A7B8-E7CD63882C6A (resized).jpeg
    20200621_203046 (resized).jpg
    There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I thought that you folks might be interested in this. I just found what I believe to be the first pictures ever of the upcoming Pinball Brothers pinball machine. Here's links to my post about it on my new website and Facebook:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/first-picture-of-new-queen-pinball-machine

https://www.facebook.com/KnappArcade/posts/3014534868834967

1632810775-Queen-the-greatest-960x540 (resized).jpg1632810775-Queen-the-greatest-960x540 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

WOW, snuck that one in to the pinball world

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Hi everyone. I thought that you folks might be interested in this. I just found what I believe to be the first pictures ever of the upcoming Pinball Brothers pinball machine. Here's links to my post about it on my new website and Facebook:
    https://www.knapparcade.org/post/first-picture-of-new-queen-pinball-machine
    https://www.facebook.com/KnappArcade/posts/3014534868834967
    [quoted image]

Wow, did they really snag the Queen license?!?
    What a shock!

#4 2 years ago

We need NeilMcRae and our other UK / London based pinsiders to go get some good pictures of this and see if it can be played!

#5 2 years ago

No time for tilting, cause we are the champions, of the world!

Is this a leak or a reveal? Needs more hype.

#6 2 years ago

Cool, go PB go!

Translite, apron and cabinet art seems a bit empty/boring though :/

#7 2 years ago

But that artwork though?!

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

We need NeilMcRae and our other UK / London based pinsiders to go get some good pictures of this and see if it can be played!

Absolutely. We need the UK pinball people to get over there and check it out!

#9 2 years ago

If anyone's interested, I just added more pictures that I was able to find of the playfield and backbox on www.knapparcade.org .

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bingovit:

But that artwork though?!

Yeah, I'm betting that's a copy-n-paste job from some existing licensed assets.

London Pinsiders, your new mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go snag us some playfield pics!

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

WOW, snuck that one in to the pinball world

Totally. Lots of people had heard that Heighway was working on a Queen pin, but I didn't expect to see it from Pinball Brothers so soon after the Alien LV announcement.

#12 2 years ago

They had the license (originally obtained when it was Heighway). Deeproot tried to buy it from Pinball Brothers. I believe it is a Barry Oursler design.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow, did they really snag the Queen license?!?
    What a shock!

#13 2 years ago

I posted these in the PB alien thread.

queen (resized).JPGqueen (resized).JPGqueen2 (resized).JPGqueen2 (resized).JPGqueen3 (resized).JPGqueen3 (resized).JPG
    #14 2 years ago

that art package would look really nice in any collection, right next to '24' and 'CSI'.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

No time for tilting, cause we are the champions, of the world!
    Is this a leak or a reveal? Needs more hype.

The articles are about the store opening up which just happens to have the machine in there (proto I'm sure). So, a leak...mostly. From one of the quotes, the machine is supposed to be out later this year?? I doubt that..but who knows.

#16 2 years ago

Predictably looks like a pretty terrible amateur hour garage home brew.

Also predictably, I'm sure people are itching spend $9K on one and wait 2 years to get theirs to stick it to Gary Stern!

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure people can't wait to spend $9K on one and wait 2 years to get theirs to stick it to Gary Stern!

I will say this...looks no better, no worse than LZ. That's not saying much.

#18 2 years ago

Ah, a machine from the "Led Zeppelin terrible school of art" world.

#19 2 years ago

I hope to see more of it been loving Alien.

#20 2 years ago

This is the early concept layout on future pinball

I hope it's good, this is a band I've been dying for there to be a pinball of.

playfield1 (resized).pngplayfield1 (resized).pngplayfield3 (resized).pngplayfield3 (resized).png
    #21 2 years ago

Looks like a wide body - based on the small backbox overhang in the front on pic - looks identical to Alien. Art is pretty crappy - those art blades.... ugh

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

This is the early concept layout on future pinball
    I hope it's good, this is a band I've been dying for there to be a pinball of.

PB ditched the playfield screen for several reasons so pretty sure Queen won't have it.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also predictably, I'm sure people are itching spend $9K on one and wait 2 years to get theirs to stick it to Gary Stern!

Quick money grab.

#24 2 years ago

Screengrab of the playfield from a YouTube video from user "Urban Adventurer"

queen_screengrab (resized).pngqueen_screengrab (resized).png
    #25 2 years ago

FANTASTIC !!!!!

So good work guys !

Looking forward to this game , love the music.

#26 2 years ago

Ug, TWO single drop targets blocking shots, I hate when people do this and they did it twice!

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Ug, TWO single drop targets blocking shots, I hate when people do this and they did it twice!

They did it three times

#28 2 years ago

F me, scratch that... three times!

#29 2 years ago
    kjshgdkjfhgdsjkhfg (resized).pngkjshgdkjfhgdsjkhfg (resized).png
    #30 2 years ago

The piano key drops are cool.

I have the rando drop blocking a shot on my Monopoly, holy jumpin' that ball goes fucking airborne when I hit that cop drop. I would hate to see if its the same here...

#31 2 years ago

Could be amazing, who knows! I love Queen and I love Pinball. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay.

#32 2 years ago

Just me, or does the playfield artwork give off a Data East vibe?

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

No...just gives off the normal '70's psych' vibe that people seem to associate with some of these old bands. Is any of this art interpreted from anything 'Queen'? Or is it made up?

#34 2 years ago

What's up with the standup in the far upper right? Is that something you try to hit off the plunge?

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

No...just gives off the normal '70's psych' vibe that people seem to associate with some of these old bands. Is any of this art interpreted from anything 'Queen'? Or is it made up?

The sides of the cab call back to Queen's historic appearances at Live AID and the Magic Tour at Wembley Stadium with the facade...which is kind of cool (too bad the execution isn't a few dozen times better)...but uh...yeah none of that rings a bell as far as any official Queen art or product either from their history or even contemporary. I'm surprised they'd approve anything so awful, maybe these are just proto placeholders.

#36 2 years ago

Fuck ya love me some Queen

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

that art package would look really nice in any collection, right next to '24' and 'CSI'.

Take that art and slap it on a Arena/RoboWar era Premiere.

#38 2 years ago

I agree, if these are real I’d bet they leaked them to judge the reaction .I know that’s what I would do if I was a startup pin co and 1 flop would do me in .I’d imagine PB is booked making Alien for some time which would be good timing to get a reaction for they’re next .

#39 2 years ago

art looks rushed to meet a deadline to me. Id be interested in a queen pin though if done right.

#40 2 years ago

Looks like this game will be competing with Game of Thrones Pro for worst artwork on a modern pin.

#41 2 years ago

Look forward to a proper reveal! I personally don't have interest in the theme (give me Alien over Queen any day) but it's great to see any new pins.

#42 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm betting that's a copy-n-paste job from some existing licensed assets.
    London Pinsiders, your new mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go snag us some playfield pics!

Would have been nice if they took images of the band members from the same era.

#43 2 years ago

No, not Data East but of a homebrew vibe.

#44 2 years ago

Well, guess my next purchase will have to be a bigger house. Wanting every rock pin is getting more and more challenging.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The sides of the cab call back to Queen's historic appearances at Live AID and the Magic Tour at Wembley Stadium with the facade...which is kind of cool (too bad the execution isn't a few dozen times better)...but uh...yeah none of that rings a bell as far as any official Queen art or product either from their history or even contemporary. I'm surprised they'd approve anything so awful, maybe these are just proto placeholders.

Also the band members on backglass and the limited views of them on PF show them wearing the same exact clothing they wore during live aid show. Hairstyle etc are from that era as well. I’m guessing there must be a big Wembley live aid tie in to the game, this was the show that really catapulted their career world wide.

#46 2 years ago

Zombie Yeti eat your heart out.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Also the band members on backglass and the limited views of them on PF show them wearing the same exact clothing they wore during live aid show. Hairstyle etc are from that era as well. I’m guessing there must be a big Wembley live aid tie in to the game, this was the show that really catapulted their career world wide.

Hate to be a stickler but they are actually pictured in their 1986 tour garb, not the 1985 Live Aid appearance stuff. The theme, such as it is, appears to be "Queen: Wembly '86." Which is fitting since it seems to be similar art quality to a 1986 VHS box.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Quick money grab.

As everyone knows, there is no faster way to make money than to design and build pinballs.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hate to be a stickler but they are actually pictured in their 1986 tour garb, not the 1985 Live Aid appearance stuff. The theme, such as it is, appears to be "Queen: Wembly '86." Which is fitting since it seems to be similar art quality to a 1986 VHS box.

My bad you are correct. Live at Wembley 86 but still nice level of detail. They easily could have had any generic type of photos.

I’m looking forward to this, looks a bit different than what you see from stern. Hopefully we see some HQ photos soon.

#50 2 years ago

Besides the license, artwork is probably the best return on investment in a pinball project. Hope they reconsider before they start making them.

There are 253 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-at-pinball-brothers-new-queen-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.