You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo(11).JPG
photo(4).JPG
2012-05-14_11.03.23.jpg
HighScoreBillion.jpg
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

First of all I am very happy with the update and the fact we have it in our hands! Its great.
That said rumor is the final version will be 2.0 and I hope that the case because there is still a little room for improvement

Here are my initial thoughts.

Color Changing LED's
These are great, wasn't quite sure how they would be implemented but did a great job. Love how the colors seem to correspond with the songs etc... I mostly cosmetic, but does help you ID some shots.

How could it be better? Maybe use them for some additional shots they don't yet exist and/or when playing a multi ball have different colors to pick up diff albums/tours instead of just going in order of release? Also Steve said it would animate the devils mouth when he talks, maybe its in there for encore..would be cool!

But thats really nitpicking

Swinging Bell
From what I can see the only use of this is when you use the VIP pass(will get to this later) in Hells Bells. I figured it would be used a bit more, like for a shot to the bell where you need to land it in the saucer, maybe its not powerful enough to do that. Or maybe you can time it with a VIP pass and flipper shot? Minor stuff though

VIP Mode
Wow didn't see this coming! Very welcome new feature that adds some strategy for sure love it. Don't really fully understand it yet. Hopefully it will make it a little easier to get to Encore, more on that later too

Canon
Not much changed here, I would like to see more targets enabled for the jackpots and not just the "/" there is so much to shoot for with that cannon(TNT, Ramps) it really needs to be used more. I played a really old version of the code on a pro and it did this? Maybe shooting TNT targers etc... was too dangerous? No canon ball save "OPTION" that would make it more possible. Really hope this gets added, very simple tweak that could add to the challenge in use of the canon. Like in FTATR.

New sounds, love all the new sounds callouts etc, great!!! Still waiting to hear the "Vulgar" ones more though. Those are very welcome

Multiballs - love the new animation and the new stacking rules!! Awesome, only thing I would like to see and maybe its in there is a mini wiz for playing and/or completing them all. Hopefully its there, if not maybe later?

Apron Flashers / GI - Finally they are used, though I would love a mode where the GI is dark maybe just blue and these go, add a strobe effect. Also would like to see the color GI used more in modes like X-men.

Encore Mode - Ok havent even sniffed it yet, but I have a feeling its awesome looking at all the settings for it etc.... I just hope I can obtain it sometime...I would like to see ways to earn extra/free songs etc... to make this a little more achievable. If not a mini wizard or two?

Also lots of nice little touches like the train led now working sounds etc....

Great Job love it, hope it gets a few more minor tweaks and it will be PERFECT! Not trying to nitpick but get some ideas out there since this stuff gets read.

Adam

#2 11 years ago

Cool. Thanks for the review!

#3 11 years ago

Hey stupid question cause I did a stupid change to my machine. I changed out some of the LEDs in the back row that are in the back panel of the game to play with some of the colors but now realize those colors are implemented in the game for the color changing portions of the songs. Can someone tell me the original lineup of colors(red, white blue I believe) or put a picture.

As for all the new features I love everything I have seen so far. The only thing I noticed is I am getting WAY more airballs, anyone else notice that? Seems maybe some of the coil strengths were changed or something related to that?

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey stupid question cause I did a stupid change to my machine. I changed out some of the LEDs in the back row that are in the back panel of the game to play with some of the colors but now realize those colors are implemented in the game for the color changing portions of the songs. Can someone tell me the original lineup of colors(red, white blue I believe) or put a picture.
As for all the new features I love everything I have seen so far. The only thing I noticed is I am getting WAY more airballs, anyone else notice that? Seems maybe some of the coil strengths were changed or something related to that?

Color maps are in the manual, but here it is. Left to right:

w-b-w-r-w-b-w

-Craig

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Apron Flashers / GI - Finally they are used, though I would love a mode where the GI is dark maybe just blue and these go, add a strobe effect. Also would like to see the color GI used more in modes like X-men.

Good review, and I agree with most everything you said, especially the quoted bit. Was really hoping for more use of colors. A hard blue, or hard red mode. I noticed somethings going on during multiball, but not quite as dramatic as it could be.

Also agree, mini-wizards would be very cool.

Great update!

#6 11 years ago

No need for cannon save IMO . I find if you shoot the cannon correctly the drain factor is very very low .

Vip is cool and has many many uses .

Jim

#7 11 years ago

Bemmet..oddly I did get a few more airballs last night too, weird

PinCrush glad you agree Sounds like there is more to come perhaps, its now great as is..lets hope it becomes PERFECT!

McCune I agree but making it a non-default option cant hurt? If its the reason we cant shoot more stuff then I say do it!

#8 11 years ago

Gotta think that if you go to the time and expense to put that magnet in there, there must be more use planned for it.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

If its the reason we cant shoot more stuff then I say do it!

I shoot the bell if the award is weak or a ramp. Lots of options and it is up to the player to calculate the risk!

Jim

#10 11 years ago

Yea I shoot it too...but no reason not to use that entire target bank just to mix it up Like I said its a little thing and no biggie, but easy enough to add that I think it s worth it.

Would love a moving target like in T2 for something!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

Gotta think that if you go to the time and expense to put that magnet in there, there must be more use planned for it.

I do think it seems to do a better job of stoping the bell from swinging to setup another bellshot now? Thats proably more important that hitting that saucer..but its awefully hard to get to hell in hells bells Somhow I did it in my video.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Swinging Bell
From what I can see the only use of this is when you use the VIP pass(will get to this later) in Hells Bells.

Any more observations on this?

Nice review BTW!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Any more observations on this?
Nice review BTW!

Thanks

Sadly I havent had a chance to play it too much..later tonight I hope. But I kinda suck at pinball compared to you guys so others should discover this first. I am thinking if you time it right you can use the momentum of the auto-swing to help you get in the saucer and into hell which is always good some some easy points & jackpot build up.

Unrelated but that mini super with all three multis lit sounds like fun. I am sure there are some hidden surprises we didnt find or notice yet. I am also willing to bet a few tweaks are still do but they had to get something out to "complete" the game and this is it. Next up would be those final tweaks to make it perfect, it does what its supposed to do now.

#14 11 years ago

I think everything about the code was well done. Only thing I would have liked was if you stacked the multiballs all jackpots would have been doubled or tripled depending on if you had 2 stacked or 3. He gives you the the initial drop target doubled or tripled and the mini super at the bell but had all jackpots been doubled or tripled it would have added even more risk/reward to the game making you really risk draining trying for some huge payouts.

That being said a very fun game just became a great game now and poor spidey is just sitting there collecting dust. /:

#15 11 years ago

Pin is stupid good.

#16 11 years ago

Before the update, I thought it was great, ranked up there with the top sterns but not quite as good as IM or TSPP (to me). After the update....I think it's probably moved past those games on my board. It fixed all the issues I had with the game (overuse of cannon mainly) and enabled all the missing things.

#17 11 years ago

ACKADACKA strikes again.....

#18 11 years ago

Great review, I have played it yesterday and I really love it! This machine is just so awesome, and being 1.6 my hopes are on some changes too to make it even more awesome

Can't stop playing when I'm at home, and the scores for me got higher since the update, seems that practicing to stack the multiballs really paid off!

#19 11 years ago

Higher scores for me to since update I love it

#20 11 years ago

Yeah I've been doing a bit better on my scores also. The new code is amazing, there is room for improvement but I'm loving this update. I never thought a game calling me worthless would make me
so happy lol.

#21 11 years ago

Hope this doesn't sound too boastful but I gotta tell someone. I had been hoping to crack the billion
before installing the new code. And I just did, surprisingly enough it was on tournament mode with just three balls, no extras. One of my best games of pinball ever.

HighScoreBillion.jpgHighScoreBillion.jpg

#22 11 years ago

Dam good score mate. Whats the deal with the backglass???

#23 11 years ago

Thanks RGR. The original backglass is on the shed wall. I made myself one with Bon on it. You convinced code updating is a good thing yet? (thought not

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Color maps are in the manual, but here it is. Left to right:

What's a manual? Does he help fix my machines?

No but seriously playing with the new code more I am getting SERIOUS airballs like never before, hitting my glass all the time, even one hit and dented my mirror blades. They did something, is no one else experiencing this?

Other than that loving the new code and added rules. I would have liked some more added Steve Ritchie taunts and call outs, hopefully more will come.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Hope this doesn't sound too boastful but I gotta tell someone. I had been hoping to crack the billion
before installing the new code. And I just did, surprisingly enough it was on tournament mode with just three balls, no extras. One of my best games of pinball ever.

Would love to see some video of this amazing feat. Not that I don't believe you, but hey, it's one of the toughest, drain-filled games out there and you did what just about no one can do without using the auto-ramp shot thing.

#26 11 years ago

Damn man. My high score is 76M and change.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

ACKADACKA strikes again.....

Couple of things....First off, what the hell does that mean? Am I missing an inside thing only die hard AC/DC fans know? I've seen you sign several things ACKADACKA? I'm baffled fill me in.

Also ok guys, y'all have had the code for a couple of days now.
Couple of questions for you.
- In the readme file it made mention about changing lights on Jukebox to show songs played. So with that being said, if you've played a song on the jukebox and you get the opportunity to change songs and you do..does the jukebox light differently for the song you've already played to let you know ...you've already played that song?
- Encore..lots of talk about this new mode. However in two days, has anyone had a phenomenal game and gotten to this mode, or cheated with the glass off? How do you get there? If it's really to play all songs. I've got to think that is near impossible considering on my best game while owning it I never got past 3 of the 12 songs. 12 songs seems like a stretch.
- Strobe lights in Apron. Are they working now, and when have you seen them come on?

Thanks,
Craig

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Couple of things....First off, what the hell does that mean? Am I missing an inside thing only die hard AC/DC fans know? I've seen you sign several things ACKADACKA? I'm baffled fill me in.

Sucks to not be in the know , doesn't it ..

#29 11 years ago

Strobes work at random times but alot during Multiball with the room lights off they look great.

ACKADACKA is what fans in Australia call AC/DC.

#30 11 years ago

ACCA DACCA is what us Aussies refer to ACDC as.

#31 11 years ago

From what I've experienced, when you are in the process of selecting a song, the lit songs are songs you have played and ended. During game play, the lit songs are showing your progress toward completing the current mode (song).

- In the readme file it made mention about changing lights on Jukebox to show songs played. So with that being said, if you've played a song on the jukebox and you get the opportunity to change songs and you do..does the jukebox light differently for the song you've already played to let you know ...you've already played that song?

Encore is REALLY hard to get to. I slowed my game up a tad and loosened the tilt a bit, it was setup brutal. I want to see Encore one day.

In the readme file it made mention about changing lights on Jukebox to show songs played. So with that being said, if you've played a song on the jukebox and you get the opportunity to change songs and you do..does the jukebox light differently for the song you've already played to let you know ...you've already played that song?

I believe they are working during multiballs

- Strobe lights in Apron. Are they working now, and when have you seen them come on?

That new multiball animation is pretty damn badass. Also, I believe the explicit language (the word fuck) is heard during a tilt, but not anywhere else.

#32 11 years ago

"AC/DC" is pronounced one letter at a time, though the band are colloquially known as "Acca Dacca" in Australia and as "Accy Daccy Whacky Doo" in New Zealand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC/DC

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

"AC/DC" is pronounced one letter at a time, though the band are colloquially known as "Acca Dacca" in Australia and as "Accy Daccy Whacky Doo" in New Zealand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC/DC

This just proves what a bunch of idiots non Americans are . (Time to hide)

#34 11 years ago

I have been using the VIP pass to collect my add a ball in multiballs. Get to where only one music note is blinking. Generally one that is not a jackpot for that multi. Then, as I'm draining down to one ball, I hit that button and I get a new ball save. Sweet!

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have been using the VIP pass to collect my add a ball in multiballs. Get to where only one music note is blinking. Generally one that is not a jackpot for that multi. Then, as I'm draining down to one ball, I hit that button and I get a new ball save. Sweet!

Its such an awesome addition to the gameplay. I wish Lyman would program all of Sterns games!!!

#36 11 years ago

This code caused me to dip into the wallet - called to get a Premium today.

Scott

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

called to get a Premium today

Good move!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

This code caused me to dip into the wallet - called to get a Premium today.
Scott

Great choice. Welcome to the club.

#39 11 years ago

My 15 year old had a friend over yesterday and they both chuckled at the new Rosie animations. LOL

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

"AC/DC" is pronounced one letter at a time, though the band are colloquially known as "Acca Dacca" in Australia and as "Accy Daccy Whacky Doo" in New Zealand

Now, is that true RGR .....

No beer for you on your next visit to NZ after that one!

For other peoples entertainment, those Aussies are so challenged they can't even spell "beer" properly .... (let alone make it properly... Bleehhhhh!)

http://www.xxxx.com.au/

Hahaha

Dave.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

No but seriously playing with the new code more I am getting SERIOUS airballs like never before, hitting my glass all the time, even one hit and dented my mirror blades. They did something, is no one else experiencing this?

Yes, I am definately getting them too. Massive ones! Last night one smacked the glass so hard I thought it was toast .....

I can't remember getting any before the update. Not like these ones, that's for sure.

Coils must be grunted up? Flippers aren't any more powerful though.

Dave.

#42 11 years ago

Am I missing an inside thing only die hard AC/DC fans know?

That's right. If you came down here for a beer you would be known as HasaCasa.

#43 11 years ago

1 billion now that's ridiculous lol

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

1 billion now that's ridiculous lol

lol Signs of a mis-spent youth maybe? And perhaps that pinball and AC/DC are my two favourite things.

1 week later
#45 11 years ago

Read through all related threads and compared to latest update. There are still a number of frequently made suggestions that are not in the code yet. Which ones seem most likely at this point?

1) Song continues rather restarts after draining.
2) Indicator on jukebox as to which songs have been played.
3) Extra Song.
4) Strobe MB (oh yeah)
5) Canon to Bell to SDTM save.
6) Mini wizard after starting all three MB's
7) Backstage MB after completing all super's.

I will buy a NIB premium if most of these make it into the software.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Read through all related threads and compared to latest update. There are still a number of frequently made suggestions that are not in the code yet. Which ones seem most likely at this point?

3) Extra Song.

Jukebox already indicates what songs have been played. It only does so during song selection though because the jukebox indicates what song shots have been made while playing a song. Not sure if an extra song will ever make it in but heard the song played during encore is a live version of one of the existing songs (not sure which one).

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Jukebox already indicates what songs have been played. It only does so during song selection though because the jukebox indicates what song shots have been made while playing a song. Not sure if an extra song will ever make it in but heard the song played during encore is a live version of one of the existing songs (not sure which one).

Does jukebox differntiate between songs that have been completed vs started with a blinking versus solid kind of light?

#48 11 years ago

Honestly, I'm not sure what the difference is between completing a song "making all 12 song shots" and changing a song "making at least 8 song shots" besides more points obviously or if you even get an award for making all 12 song shots. I'm pretty sure you just have to play all 12 songs to make it to encore and then depending on your song bonuses from each song, dictates how many points you can score during encore. This provides incentive to play songs longer and rack up higher song bonuses. I don't think the jukebox differentiates though.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

1) Song continues rather restarts after draining.
3) Extra Song.
4) Strobe MB (oh yeah)
5) Canon to Bell to SDTM save.
6) Mini wizard after starting all three MB's
7) Backstage MB after completing all super's.
I will buy a NIB premium if most of these make it into the software.

I think #3 and #5 are unlikely. Lyman doesn't like the ball saver ideas and an e tea song is probs ly out. I think #1 provides some technical challenges in the software state machine which may be why it's not there.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think #1 provides some technical challenges in the software state machine which may be why it's not there.

Could be a hardware limitation as well, it just may not be possible to tell the hardware to "play sound clip x starting at y time".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-impressions-of-acdc-code-16-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.