• Silverball Mania 2 votes
    12%
  • Harlem Globetrotters 6 votes
    35%
  • Police Force 9 votes
    53%

(17 votes)

#1 8 months ago

Currently looking at getting my first machine for my house and I have a couple local options that I could go with (no shipping is ideal). I'm trying to keep the budget under $2,000 and get something that will be fun, reasonably challenging and help me work on my pinball skills.

Options under my budget are as follows:

Silverball Mania in players condition - $1000

Harlem Globetrotters On Tour in players condition w/ led & new drops - $1500

Police Force in players condition with a few small cosmetic mods/upgrades - $1700 ($1900 with a new ramp kit)

I've gone through the reviews and ratings and they all seem to be middle-of-the-road type of machines so I'm fully aware that I'm not getting something with super deep code, crazy modes, etc. Resale of the machine is also something I need to consider as I only have room for 1 game and would eventually like to trade up to something else after the fun wears out. On the surface I'm leaning towards Police Force but I also know that some of those older SS games are good shooters.

Any thoughts on these 3 games for a first machine?

#2 8 months ago

not silverball mania
but the other two are good games to start with
get the one you prefer playing

#3 8 months ago

Play them all and pick the one YOU like!

Then make more room in your house for another 3 or 4 machines-they tend to multiply!

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Play them all and pick the one YOU like!

i've been able to play Globetrotters and Police Force and neither one stands out strongly because they are of such different styles/eras. But I do enjoy them both. Price difference isn't too crazy on them either.

The price on Silverball Mania is definitely appealing to my budget though.

#5 8 months ago

police force gets my vote. Main reason is you only have room for one so getting a game with multi ball is a must.

#6 8 months ago

If price and resale wasn’t a consideration I would get Harlem Globetrotters.

Considering resale, I would choose Silverball Mania. The other ones your almost guaranteed to lose some moneys on resale.

SBM is a good value but the least fun IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside