Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Grossie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I now have as many EMs as solid states. I just need to figure out how to fix them.

Picked up a deal on craigslist from a motivated seller on Sunday. Gottlieb's Surf Champ. It's in pretty decent shape. The playfield is a little rougher than I hoped, but it was a good deal. And I wanted a Gottlieb. I've gotten the legs cleaned up and did a little cabinet maintenance. Also, hit the head with Mean Green. That cleaned up pretty nice, no paint came off at all - can't say the same with my Zaccaria.

It's been nice getting my hands dirty again.

#2 10 years ago

Congrats. Neat collection with great variety.
Alex

#3 10 years ago

Congrats on the new addition!

As long as you have the Schematics and Manuals for EM's you can get them fixed and get some help from the folks on Pinside if you run into problems.

Enjoy!

Ken

#4 10 years ago

For your 1st Gottlieb you sure picked a good one.
Artwork is good on this pin (backglass, cabinet, backbox sides, playfield plastics, drop targets, & spinner).

Nice variety in your collection, including different manuf's.

Cheers!

#5 10 years ago

Congrats! Learning how to fix them is half the fun!

#7 10 years ago

This looks like it's going to be my first real restoration. I've got it all torn down and have started cleaning the cabinet, the head and the shiny parts.

#8 10 years ago

Pics please.

1 month later
#9 10 years ago

Progress is slow, but I'm getting there!

Here's more photos than anyone but me would want:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/creeksports/sets/72157635322762768/

#10 10 years ago

Looks good. You do just what I do. Take a pic of everything as you take it apart. This really helps me because lots of times i will have long interruptions in the process.

#11 10 years ago

And it helps my mentor (mrkegflex) put everything back together when I'm lost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.