Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 186 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Lemank
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2023-11-2717.51.264814523639145947001.jpg
    Carnac_the_Magnificent (resized).jpg
    E0BDFE53-60BA-4863-87AF-BD9EC92CA4C6 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20210317_233546228 (resized).jpg
    PF3Q (resized).jpg
    DSCF3563 (resized).JPG
    DSCF3567 (resized).JPG
    26A60182-8FA7-45A6-87E5-7630F235597F (resized).jpeg
    20151210_175742 (resized).jpg
    3269e03c15c7031d126509ea26afd001462d9ecd (resized).jpg
    FCAA9249-1B5A-4148-94BC-BD7535AB2365 (resized).jpeg
    FT (resized).jpg
    IMAG2205 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4775 (resized).jpg
    9c8cd2a5fd2f49eb89b785d0483089e66cbb3ca0 (resized).jpg
    DSC04287 (resized).JPG
    There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 3 years ago

Just bought my second shadow. I missed it so much I traded spiderman for it.

#102 3 years ago

Oh boy.....

Gottlieb Waterworld
    Gottlieb Gladiators

Waterworld I missed so much so I got it again, then sold to pay for something,
    Gladiators I got for a deal to put on route, then had a buyer for it so I moved it.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lemank:

Just bought my second shadow. I missed it so much I traded spiderman for it.

Ya, shadow is a good game!

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Ya, shadow is a good game!

The shadow knows! A good game that is!

#105 3 years ago

Medieval Madness I re-bought at least 4x. Done The Shadow 2x and have a CPR playfield waiting for Shadow rebuy #3.

#106 3 years ago

Alien poker was the first one I replaced . Then I just had to have Spy Hunter again - I always regretted selling it .

1 month later
    #107 3 years ago

Add GB pro to my list of doubled up games. The new code is great!

#108 3 years ago

BW - had it for only a short time when I decided to sell my entire collection. Did not have many games on it so just re-purchased it on Superbowl Sunday. With the way the prices are skyrocketing still in this hobby wanted to re-start with a relatively cheap DMD game and this one has a lot on it for the $.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lemank:

I just picked up my second demo man. Super excited to get another one and in even better shape. I have always wondered what game I would buy twice for some reason or another and this is the one! What others have bought doubles of and why?

First game we bought twice was our first game!! Space Shuttle Reason we bought the 2nd one was because we were planning to restore the 1st one and we wanted one to play while I was touching up and clearing the PF and getting the cabinet fixed up and boards fixed...our "fix" so we had something to play while #1 was down was to buy another 1!!
    BTW...it's still here!!

Phoebe

#110 3 years ago

Technically hasn't happened yet, but will be LOTR, no doubt. Only pin I regret selling. A vault of this title would be lovely with NIB smell.....

#111 3 years ago

ToM, WW, BSD.
    I would buy WW a third time, not gonna lie.
    BSD isn't leaving, so there won't be a third time.

#112 3 years ago

It was either HS or DE:JP can’t remember which.

I’m on my 3rd HS right now and won’t sell this time.

Have two captain fantastic currently and also on my second space mission which I’ll keep. One captain will leave after the other is restored.

#113 3 years ago

Surf n Safari bought second one for my old roommate's once we moved

2 months later
    #114 2 years ago

Looking to double up with a Metallica. If anyone wants to trade for a TWD keep me posted!

#115 2 years ago

I’ve bought TWD, Star Trek Stern, and Aerosmith twice.

#116 2 years ago

W?D (3x), SC (2x)
    26A60182-8FA7-45A6-87E5-7630F235597F (resized).jpeg26A60182-8FA7-45A6-87E5-7630F235597F (resized).jpeg

#117 2 years ago

Sinbad (3), Black Hole (3), Genie (2), KISS (2)-original

#118 2 years ago

I tried to buy DW back, but my buddy's wife had none of that.

2 years later
    #119 9 months ago

Just bought Metallica again. I just started to collect pinballs and met was my first NIB. I didn’t now what I had and missed it right after I sold it. Took me 6 years to find another one and this one is bolted

#120 9 months ago

Big Indian

#121 9 months ago

Attack From Mars x3 (well, SE, Original, LE)
    Pinbot x2 (never got the first one working
    I'm on my second Whirlwind x2
    Jurassic Park (Pro and Premium)
    TNAx2 (traded into one to get out of a Guns and Roses)

#122 9 months ago

Theater of Magic owned twice. Loved it, beautiful design look and feel. Flowing ramps and great theme. Got easy. Fast forward, one came up for sale locally and tugged on my heart strings the fond memories playing her. Great price, just couldn't pass up. Within two weeks after fixing, I remembered why I sold. Got too easy and repetitive for me. Sold a week later.

Years later sold my TZ for a high market price at the time. Just needed room and played the least. Played at friends houses over the next year, and sorely missed it. I actively hunted one down locally and bought it. It will never leave. Just a masterful game design, sound package and memorable game.

So one example, my first decision was right. Another example I was so wrong. When you run out of space though in the hobby, sometimes you get it wrong. However, where prices have sky rocketed to now, my recommendation is to break the game down first, putting it in storage area in your house and see if you miss it for no more/less than 3 months. Prices as they are if you sell in this market, hard to buy back at same price.

#123 9 months ago

The first game I bought twice was LoTR. Got one NIB in 2005. It was actually a lemon, and Stern took it back (how times have changed!) when techs they hired couldn't fix it. I ended up having Stern send me a TSPP in exchange. The second LoTR I got a few years later, but then traded it eventually. Good game, but I doubt I'll ever get another one.

#124 9 months ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

W?D (3x), SC (2x)
    [quoted image]

It's been 2 years, adding Munsters 2x, WCS 2x

Do pros and premiums count? If so, Stern SW Pro and Premium, Stern Godzilla pro and premium, IMDN Premium and pro

#125 9 months ago

Refreshing early Sterns and Ballys is a hobby and the first duplicate was Mata Hari.

#126 9 months ago

T2 twice, could see it happening a 3rd time.

#127 9 months ago

Mr & Mrs Pac-Man. Missed the one I sold and recently found another. Still needs to get it back together.

#128 9 months ago

2 1/2 yrs in the hobby and the only duplicate purchase so far is firepower. I actually still have both.

I bought a project firepower in January with the goal of restoring it (I'm about half finished) I ended up buying another firepower in May. I wasnt really lookong for another one. But I got it pretty cheap. It was nonworking, pretty neglected, but in great shape for the most part. I got it working and now I have one to play while I restore the original one.

#129 9 months ago

Aerosmith. Probably 6 months after moving on from it, wife started saying 'we should have never let Aerosmtih go'...until I finally picked up another 3 years later.

Some others I regret selling too quickly: space station, NBAFB, and JM...I bought into the community's opinions on them, and didn't realize how much I enjoyed them until I let them go.

#130 9 months ago

Does it count if I paid TWICE as much as I should have for my FIRST pin (fishtales)...ah, the classic pinball noob first-pin ripoff right-of-passage.

Will buy another Fishtales again one day though.

#132 9 months ago

Wonka. Sold my LE and bought a CE a month later.

#133 9 months ago

Atlantis x2
    Gilligan's Island x2
    Getaway x2
    STTNG x2

#134 9 months ago

Maiden and Gorgar

#135 9 months ago

It was either KI$$ or TZ, too many years ago to remember.

#136 9 months ago

MET! 3 times, actually...

#137 9 months ago

Creature from the Black Lagoon, Gorgar and Twilight Zone.

4 months later
    #138 5 months ago

Oh snap. I did it again. Just bought another paragon. Man I love those classic Bally’s.

#140 5 months ago

I haven't yet, but it'll be Godzilla. I had a Premium for a little while, but sold high while prices were still up, and I prefer the Pro, so will get that instead eventually.

Also might go the other way someday on Deadpool, got a Pro now, but the premium features are actually tempting me there.

#141 5 months ago

My first repeat buy was a Baby Pac-Man. I've also owned 2 Harlem Globetrotters and 2 Rush. Got nicer examples each time.

#143 5 months ago

Not sure which was first but I ended up getting back Spy Hunter , RfM , and Baby Pac . I believe RfM was first .

#144 5 months ago
    Quoted from Lemank:

Oh snap. I did it again. Just bought another paragon. Man I love those classic Bally’s.

Out of all the machines I've sold so far, Paragon would be the first one I'd buy back.

#145 5 months ago

Flash .
    Fun game.

#147 5 months ago

Doctor Who's 1 and 2, with a third under construction. The first one was a rebuild from the original cabinet and PF up. The second one was built from scratch with spare parts from around the world and Ron Kruzman NOS cleared PF. New boards from Pinsound and Dumbass. The third one is under construction with a CPR repop PF that was cleared by HEP.

DSCF3563 (resized).JPGDSCF3563 (resized).JPGDSCF3567 (resized).JPGDSCF3567 (resized).JPGPF3Q (resized).jpgPF3Q (resized).jpg
    #148 5 months ago
    Quoted from Tophervette:

Doctor Who's 1 and 2, with a third under construction. The first one was a rebuild from the original cabinet and PF up. The second one was built from scratch with spare parts from around the world and Ron Kruzman NOS cleared PF. New boards from Pinsound and Dumbass. The third one is under construction with a CPR repop PF that was cleared by HEP.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. You must love Dr. Who! Awesome builds to boot!

#149 5 months ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Flash .
    Fun game.

I hope to buy a flash one day..

#150 5 months ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

My first repeat buy was a Baby Pac-Man. I've also owned 2 Harlem Globetrotters and 2 Rush. Got nicer examples each time.

I also just picked up a Harlem. I hope mine never leaves

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-game-you-bought-twice/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.