(Topic ID: 268489)

First Full 4 player Game On The Fan-Tas-Tic

By jclocomotion

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    20200421_180635 (resized).jpg
    20200512_200253 (resized).jpg
    20200512_200247 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Hi all

After getting the pin back up and running we decided to have a 4 player games to check all the relevant lights lit etc.

We are on player 4 with the 5th ball but after that drained it went back to the 1st player and continued like it had a 6th ball?
    We are assuming that we got a free ball on each of the players but didn't see any lights indicating this.
    We didn't think about looking at the replay reel so maybe that said a 1.

Also after the game finished we noticed that the back glass had the number 60 lit. We can see there are 10, 20,30 to 90 across the top of the back glass and don't know what they are indicating as it's not in any of the manuals we have so does anyone know what they mean?

#2 3 years ago

Your ball count unit is misaligned. You should not get a sixth ball.

The numbers across the top of the back glass are match numbers. When the lit number matches the last two numbers of a player’s score, you win a free credit.

When a game is over, you can index the credit unit to see the different numbers light up. It’s a good trick to know when checking bulbs for the match numbers.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Your ball count unit is misaligned. You should not get a sixth ball.
    The numbers across the top of the back glass are match numbers. When the lit number matches the last two numbers of a player’s score, you win a free credit.
    When a game is over, you can index the credit unit to see the different numbers light up. It’s a good trick to know when checking bulbs for the match numbers.

When you say ball count unit is not right which one do you mean in the first or second pic as this seems strange as others call them different things.

Great about the number across the top will keep an eye on that

20200512_200247 (resized).jpg20200512_200247 (resized).jpg20200512_200253 (resized).jpg20200512_200253 (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago

Those two pics are not of the ball count unit.

I’m not sure where it’s located, but I think it should look a lot like what you took pictures of.

#5 3 years ago

I think Fan-Tas-Tic has the ball count unit on cabinet bottom board. Look at the labels at the units.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

I think Fan-Tas-Tic has the ball count unit on cabinet bottom board. Look at the labels at the units.

Yes there are 2 units on the cabinet base board so will take a look at them later after doing research on them.

I have played quite a few games now and never seen the replay unit so any numbers at all, if I manually set it to 3 then it will just stay there.
    I don't have it on free-play as use coins for each game.
    Any ides on that one?

#7 3 years ago

If you use coins to start game then the replays will of course not decrement. Push the start button to start game and there should be one less replay, until it reaches 0 and then the game should not start unless you add replays or insert coin.

If the replays do not decrement at all, check that both coils on replay unit have both wires attached. Sometimes the game is put on "free play" by disconnecting one wire from subtract coil.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

If you use coins to start game then the replays will of course not decrement. Push the start button to start game and there should be one less replay, until it reaches 0 and then the game should not start unless you add replays or insert coin.
    If the replays do not decrement at all, check that both coils on replay unit have both wires attached. Sometimes the game is put on "free play" by disconnecting one wire from subtract coil.

I don't have a push to start button it starts the game when a coin goes in.
    All wires are connected to the 2 sets of contacts on the replay unit.
    Not sure what previous owners have done to it, maybe a mod so the replay unit doesn't work because of no start button maybe?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

Yup here

20200421_180635 (resized).jpg20200421_180635 (resized).jpg
    #10 3 years ago

So your start button (red button at left side of coin door) is missing? You should be able to locate the wires and install a new button switch. Otherwise you will not be able to play replays from specials, high scores or match numbers.

Yes, one of the units in your picture is the ball count unit, that resets at start of game and advances to next ball after last player. The other one is the coin unit, that also resets at start of game, and advances each time a player is added.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

So your start button (red button at left side of coin door) is missing? You should be able to locate the wires and install a new button switch. Otherwise you will not be able to play replays from specials, high scores or match numbers.

LOL totally missed that one! So yes have a button so...
    If a coin starts a game automatically looks like some mod has been done so will check out the start button wiring when I get home

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #12 3 years ago

If the game is set for 1 play / 1 coin, then inserting coin will automatically start a game (or add next player) instead of adding a credit, so probably nothing wrong with that.

#13 3 years ago

And don't worry - the game looks nice and clean inside, so we will definitely get it working!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

And don't worry - the game looks nice and clean inside, so we will definitely get it working!

I have some small adjustments to do on the coin mech as it sometimes doesn't accept the coins so another job to add to the buzzing flippers when held on.
    It's a large list but will be worth it in the end

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-full-4-player-game-on-the-fan-tas-tic?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.