(Topic ID: 286332)

First E.M. Recommendations Tell Me What You Like!

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210627_200333 (resized).jpg
    20210626_172602 (resized).jpg
    20210626_172211 (resized).jpg
    20210626_172614 (resized).jpg
    20210626_172208 (resized).jpg
    20210626_172201 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0526 (resized).JPG
    20210626_112104 (resized).jpg
    20210626_104502 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0504 (resized).JPG
    Playfields (resized).png
    Atlant (resized).png
    CoIN (resized).png
    all (resized).png
    20210124_101544 (resized).jpg
    20210124_102225 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbovenzi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 3 years ago

Golden Arrow would be a great "number hunter". Terrific Gottlieb Wedgehead with outstanding artwork. Wide open playfield with two oversized spinners up at the top.

Not a fan of Ship Ahoy/Buccaneer as it is difficult to get the ball back up to the top of the playfield.

2 months later
    #70 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looking around on pinside, I found out that Solar City, El Dorado, Gold Strike, Lucky Strick, Target Alpha, Canada Dry, and El Dorado City of Gold are all essentially the same game with the same layout. I got to do the closest thing to a pinball show this weekend in that I got to go to Spinners in Frederick Maryland which had a handful of E.Ms. including a Solar City, which I played for the first time and really liked. There was no spinner, but I really like the sounds and the aimed shot aspect of these games. Is there any reason one of these would be better than the others other than art? I understand there are 1 player, 2 player, and 4 players here and City of Gold is a Solid State (which kills it for me) but are the rules different on these? Is one of these more/less reliable than the others?
    Thanks for the input folks! I didn’t get a E.M. last rotation, but I am actively considering one of these or a Paragon, Black Hole, or Torpedo Alley...

The layout is used 7 times due to it being such a fun layout to play. Lots of details here, but the gist of it is that lots of people like El Dorado as it's the single player Wedgehead. Gold Strike is the same game, but add the Add-A-Ball mystique to it. Solar City 2-player, Target Alpha 4-player, Canada Dry 4-player with trippy commercial artwork. And El Dorado as you stated the City of Gold is the Solid State version.

Some prefer Solar City and Target Alpha because the targets reset after you get them all down. El D does not.

Not a spinner in the bunch, but you can't go wrong with picking up a cheaper Solar City and Target Alpha to see if it has staying power in your lineup.

#71 3 years ago

As for reliable, the more players on the EM game, the more to adjust. There are some that would say it makes no difference, but having owned Solar City, Target Alpha, and El Dorado, I'll stick with El D.

(Quick, someone sell me a cheap Gold Strike AAB to change my mind! )

#72 3 years ago

And forgot about Italian "Lucky Strike" https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1497

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbovenzi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-em-recommendations-tell-me-what-you-like?tu=jbovenzi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.