DSCN0849.JPG
DSCN0848.JPG
DSCN0847.JPG
DSCN0846.JPG
DSCN0845.JPG
DSCN0843.JPG
DSCN0842.JPG
DSCN0844.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Well, almost! Gonna need a couple of them young guys from work to get it to the basement.

Anyway, here's a few shots of what I'm starting with. This is going to be my learning machine, both for maintaining and troubleshooting EMs and restoring cabinets and backboxes. I'm not going to mess with the playfield on this one.

Backglass - in good shape except for the lower edge. Previous owner had an idea to paint it white and put in real playing cards. I may do that in the short term but will probably look to have this restored. Backbox is sound but needs paint. Not much rust or anything immediately obvious. I have the back cover but it needs locks all around.

DSCN0842.JPGDSCN0842.JPG
DSCN0844.JPGDSCN0844.JPG

Cabinet - has the usual dings, scrapes and dirt but looks very sound and the bottom looks great. Stenciling is a bit involved but will be a good learning experience.

DSCN0843.JPGDSCN0843.JPGDSCN0845.JPGDSCN0845.JPG

Playfield - very, very nice shape. I'm not intending to do more than a little clean and polish here.

DSCN0846.JPGDSCN0846.JPGDSCN0847.JPGDSCN0847.JPGDSCN0848.JPGDSCN0848.JPG
DSCN0849.JPGDSCN0849.JPG

Coin door and front - looks pretty decent and a good cleanup and polish should make it look great. Cabinet work should take care of the leg scrapes.

DSCN0851.JPGDSCN0851.JPG

The game has a few issues. The score reels don't reset when the game starts, but will do so if you hold the reset relay by hand. Hoping it's just a switch or coil issue. The spinner only raises the score value on the left when moving counterclockwise. Clockwise rotation does not bump the score on the right. Again hoping it's just a switch issue. Finally, there might be an issue with the top 2 center targets but I'm unsure of that until I get it set up and can test further. All in all, I think it's in decent shape for a 44 year old machine and should be fun to get working and tidy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-em-machine-its-home?tu=Toyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.