• Latest reply 6 years ago by V_piscopo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Card-Whiz-Startup-Sequence (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

So i recently acquired my first EM and i need some assistance. While I'm waiting on my manual to come in the mail I thought I would ask Pinside for some help. So here are the first of most likely many issues with the game, When you put two quarters in the machine, the game starts immediately and the start button doesn't seem to start the game. Instead the ball is kicked into the shooter lane. The next big thing is the Score doesn't reset. Final issue i have found is that once and awhile when you start the game the discs inside the game just keep spinning and spinning until you put a quarter into it. I will post photos as I go along this adventure, I appreciate all help with this.

#2 6 years ago

The game will not start until the score reels are reset I believe. So that might be your "disks keep spinning" when pressing start is aboot.

What happens after you plungfe the ball it spits into the shooter lane?

#3 6 years ago

so once you plunge the ball the game operates as it should, then it drains and operates like a normal game. But, I'm now I'm noticing that the game isn't recognizing how many balls you have had as you can just keep playing over and over again. Also, when you press start nothing happens at all, just adding quarters starts the game.

#4 6 years ago

Sounds like multiple issues. Also- basically impossible for anyone to provide any serious advice about what to fix until you tell us what game it is

#5 6 years ago

Here is the startup sequence described in the Card Whiz manual. Because this is your first EM, it will take a while to understand how this sequence of events unfolds. But it's someplace for you to start!

Card Whiz Startup SequenceCard Whiz Startup Sequence

#6 6 years ago

I swear- I just re read the entire thread! Where did I miss that it’s a card whiz game!! Man.... gotta work on my ESP or my reading skillz

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I swear- I just re read the entire thread! Where did I miss that it’s a card whiz game!! Man.... gotta work on my ESP or my reading skillz

OP tagged the game.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Also if you check the OPs game list he has only one EM pin on it.

#9 6 years ago

Pinwiki has some great info http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair

The disc inside is your score motor. It will run until your score reels reset. Can you manually step them to zero and see if the motor stops?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

But, I'm now I'm noticing that the game isn't recognizing how many balls you have had as you can just keep playing over and over again.

When it does this are you always stuck on ball 1? Sounds like your ball count unit may be stuck or gummed up. Good idea to go through all your stepper units and take apart, clean, ajust, and sand / green scrubbie all rivits and contact points. Make sure to mark with marker home position on stepper and wiper blade before disassembleing. If you need any help locally you can pm me.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help thus far! My plan for tonight is to look into the stepper unit and the ball count unit. I've been watching some videos today at work that address these. I'll report back with my progress.

#12 6 years ago

Have you tried to put all your score reels to 0 manually and start a game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-em-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.