Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00397 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 10.26.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_1900 (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 10.40.08 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

Well you picked a doozie for your first one. probably more relays and steppers than any other EM game.

tackle issues one at a time, and don't get caught up in thinking one issue is related to the next, they often aren't.

So let's start with the 1000 points and your stuck/buzzing score reels and relays.

Yes, clean and adjust the 1000 point reel. But also put the game on player 2 and see if it's still happening. If it isn't, it's probably the 1000 point reel. If it is, check the often overlooked 1000 point relay in the back of the head. In fact, clean/adjust (if needed) all of the point relays in the back of the head. These are often a source of trouble and people don't even realize it.

On my Grand Prix, the game wouldn't score AT ALL. No points. I checked all sorts of the usual suspects (index relay/game over etc.) before realize every single one of the scoring relays in the head needed attention. That's where I'd check first. Good news is these are very easy to locate and service.

You also may have a stuck 100 point switch somewhere on the playfield which could explain the weird spinner and eject issues. But again, could also be those point relays.

Good luck buddy! You are gonna need it!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Okay so when you start a game everything works fine, specifically both spinners advance their bonuses and both holes score bonus, reset it back and kick the ball out. After playing for a few minutes the ball will go into the left bonus hole and the game will do nothing. If you pull back the glass and press down the switch on the right hole the solenoid kicker fires and the ball is kicked out (both kickers are on the same solenoid) but the left kicker will continue to not work if you go in it again. The only way I have found to make the right hole work again is to restart the game.
What is really weird is I can't pin point when the hole stops working. I've played full games with the ball kicking out fine the entire time but then sometimes I will only get to ball 2 and it will get stuck on the first shot to the hole.
I looked at it last night and I have a feeling the problem is somewhere in here because I can't find any other obvious issues.[quoted image]

Check the "delay" relay. It's hanging underneath the playfield.

The point of this relay is when you hit the spinners, it keeps the kickout holes (all of them!) from scoring until the spinner stops. It's activated by the spinners.

The problem is when it acts up, the kickout holes will never register.

This could be your problem.

If not check the eject hole relay, could be a switch in there.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Delicate? LOL
The only way to learn is to get in there and do it. If you're scared to touch things you'll never learn.

You really think unleashing a newbie to "shotgun" a mostly working Grand Prix is a great idea?

Not following you on this one man. Would likely cause more problems than he'd solve.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-em-help-grand-prix?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.