Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00397 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 10.26.12 PM (resized).png
IMG_1900 (resized).JPG
Pinball (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 10.40.08 AM (resized).png

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

03-7449-R is listed at 9.95 a pc. but doesn't show the face, not sure if this is the same and if it is would have to be riveted on to arm.
25 bucks for a used drop target is indeed pricey. Then again, unobtanium can get expensive. I would just worry about it breaking again.
I would have a machine shop mill a few squares out of aluminum or stainless and reproduce the graphics.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

03-7449-R is listed at 9.95 a pc. but doesn't show the face, not sure if this is the same and if it is would have to be riveted on to arm.
25 bucks for a used drop target is indeed pricey. Then again, unobtanium can get expensive. I would just worry about it breaking again.
I would have a machine shop mill a few squares out of aluminum or stainless and reproduce the graphics.

The part number is A-7073-1 and it is NOS

#53 5 years ago

Yeah, saw that one, I'm talking about the replacement plastic face 03-7449-R listed at 9.95, wondering if it would fit since its probably the part that's broken.

#54 5 years ago

I'm at work so I can't reference my machine but A-7073-1 does not match the decals shown here perfectly, https://images.pinside.com/5/e9/5e94096c5421226e820b413c37568b427ed17c58/resized/large/5e94096c5421226e820b413c37568b427ed17c58.jpg

It looks like on an original the target is split horizontally and on the replacement from flippers is a solid target.

#55 5 years ago

If I do order some new targets I don't want them to break again. My flippers are super snappy, is there a way to turn them down? Can I buy a weaker solenoids?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

I'm at work so I can't reference my machine but A-7073-1 does not match the decals shown here perfectly, https://images.pinside.com/5/e9/5e94096c5421226e820b413c37568b427ed17c58/resized/large/5e94096c5421226e820b413c37568b427ed17c58.jpg
It looks like on an original the target is split horizontally and on the replacement from flippers is a solid target.

That's from wear. The original target is a perfect circle. See images at IPDB

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That's from wear. The original target is a perfect circle. See images at IPDB

duh, that makes sense, thanks.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

If I do order some new targets I don't want them to break again. My flippers are super snappy, is there a way to turn them down? Can I buy a weaker solenoids?

The game is 43 years old. Original targets are 43 years old. The likelihood you'll break them again is low

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

The game is 43 years old. Original targets are 43 years old. The likelihood you'll break them again is low

Mine are really really strong. The only other Grand Prix I played at a competition and it was much weaker, but more than enough for great game play.

They feel like brand new stern flippers.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Mine are really really strong. The only other Grand Prix I played at a competition and it was much weaker, but more than enough for great game play.
They feel like brand new stern flippers.

Look and see if they have been rebuilt. Also look and see what coils are installed. The previous game might have been junk.

You can weaken them some by having the EOS switch open a bit earlier.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Whoa thread.
Good news! I fixed it! It indeed was the left bonus unit. I had more than 5 minutes to look at the diagram in the resting position and it was off but a full contact. I got everything perfectly aligned and nice and tight. Every issue with the left bonus is gone and most of the light bulbs on the bonus strips that I thought were out are working too! Thank you phil-lee
Now to move on to some other things. I'm missing this post near the left bonus in the picture. Is this it? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-3905 Where can I find a parts list for this machine?
Next projects on the list are cleaning, coin mechs and play field protector.
[quoted image]

That is the correct post and it is there for a very important reason. To keep the ball from smashing into the spinner mechanism behind it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-em-help-grand-prix/page/2?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.