Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cyroute
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So I broke down and bought our first EM Gottlieb Super Soccer (the wife likes EM's I'm not sure I like working on them) The pin works 100% but the flippers have some minor issues I wanted to sort out. The strength is really good but they buzz like hell when holding the flippers in and when you try to catch a ball they will drop causing missed hits etc. I replaced the EOS switches with new ones and made sure everything else looked good. I have the EOS switches gaped a little under 1/8 inch at the end of the flipper stroke. It just seems like when the ball hits the flippers during play they give and then want to flip again. Not sure if there is a way to make these work like the newer machines or if this is the nature of older pins.
Thanks,
Joe

#2 8 years ago

You replaced them with HV tungsten EOS switches and have them gapped closed at rest and then open up at the very end of the stroke? Other issues can be with dirty cabinet switches. Those can get dirty and pitted and need to be cleaned with a flexstone file as they also carry the full voltage to the flippers.

As far as buzzing. That is the contact between the flipper plunger and coil stop. May need to remove both to make sure they aren't worn down and replace if they are. Make sure the coil stop screws are good and tight. EM's flippers are going to buzz some no matter what. Shouldn't be too loud but they're going to buzz some.

#3 8 years ago

I will check the cab switches tonight and the coil stops. I do have the EOS switches closed and open at the end of the stroke I just wasnt sure if they need to gaped 1/8 or just enough to open the switch.
Thanks,
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-em-flipper-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.