8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0601152106e.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeNewberry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Did you happen to unplug anything when you moved it to your home? If you did, try reseating all the jones plugs and make sure they're firmly in the holes, as it is possible to wedge the plug pins between the holes instead of into them.

Also, in your picture, the game is in Tilt. Is the plumb bob inside the game touching the metal ring just to the left of the coin door? Are any of the slam switches on the coin door or in the bottom of the cabinet closed? If so, you need to open them up and you need the tilt plumb bob hanging free in the middle of the metal ring. I don't think the game will start up as long as it's permanently tilted.

Here is a thread about troubleshooting stuck tilt on a Gottlieb, if it happens not to be a simple fix:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pioneer-stuck-in-tilt

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Ok guys thanks. I will give it a look in the morning.
And this really IS my first EM experience. Jones plugs are the plugs that connected cabinet wiring the back box? There were 3 with a variety of plugs

Yep, that's correct. There are typically different lengths to them, so you can't plug them into the wrong jacks. There are some from the motor board (the board with the score motor and relays in the bottom of the cabinet) to the backbox and from the playfield to the motor board.

As Schudel5 said, try adding a credit and pressing start before doing too much tinkering. I haven't had a working Gottlieb EM in awhile, so I honestly can't remember what state they turn on in, but I would trust him to know what he's talking about.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

The "anti-cheat" switches need to be closed (the one on the coin door, bottom score motor board, backbox). The "tilt" switches need to be open (tilt bob, ball roll, one under the playfield).

Sorry, that's my mistake. I was thinking of the kick/knock off switch, which is normally closed.

I think of the "anti-cheat" switches as "slam tilts" for what it's worth, since they put the game into tilt if you try to kick, drop, or otherwise abuse the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeNewberry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-em-and-first-em-question?tu=JoeNewberry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.