(Topic ID: 219511)

First digit reel not resetting - Williams 7 up

By Schamattack

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Seven-Up-ipdb-conc-refr-2154b.pdf (PDF preview)
    0Seven-up-Work-02.jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hello Everyone.

I got a Williams Seven up (1969 ski model) I am trying to get kicking. It was in really bad shape when I got it, after working out the reset bugs I have it down to 1 issue. The single digit score Reel does not reset. It counts up fine. I have quadra checked the switch setting from 0-9, looks to be perfect with contact opening/closing. The game starts when its at 0 and it counts up fine. just cant reset. I can manually activate the relay coil near it and set it to 0 and the game will start so something is not telling it to reset? the Score motor and reset bank keep firing until I set it manually to 0.

#2 5 years ago

Hi Schamatack
    hmm, Your topic in EM-Hangout - I usually visit the EM-Tech-Forum.
    Great - ipdb has the schematics and the manual - look here https://www.ipdb.org/files/2104/Williams_1969_Seven_Up_Instruction_Manual.pdf on page-11 (on the right side - original-page-29 (?)) - Reset-Relay - Switch-C is for the 10-point-score-drum, Switch-D is for the 1-point-score-drum. See the first JPG - on the bottom: Wire-Black-White runs from Score-Motor-Switch-Impulse-B to "RESET-Relay, Switches C and D". Then run(s) wire(s) to Zero-Break-Switch(es) on the Drum(s). Look in Your pin at the Reset-Relay and the switches - then check wire-color-B-O and wire-color-O-Blu --- truely soldered-on ? See the first JPG - on top: I believe the actual wiring is as I show it - a short Jumper-Wire hops from one switch on the Reset-Relay to other switch on the relay.

I concatenated the ipdb-schematics - (heavy) freshened up --- see the second stuff - the PDF - to look at: You may have to make You an copy (down) on Your computer. The problem with "such heavy freshening-up": I may make faults / errors --- ALWAYS have the original schematics to look up there when You run into troubles reading "my work". Greetings Rolf

0Seven-Up-ipdb-conc-refr-2154b.pdf0Seven-Up-ipdb-conc-refr-2154b.pdf0Seven-up-Work-02.jpg0Seven-up-Work-02.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-digit-reel-not-resetting-williams-7-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.