(Topic ID: 156567)

First attempt at virtual cab

By Groo

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    #1 8 years ago

This was my quick project using a laptop to get a place to play my virtual pins. I don't have a lot of time to mess with some of the other emulators so I'm using Zen pinball and Pinball Arcade from Steam. I've been skimming some forums to try to get a pinball flipper controller. Does anybody have any suggestions? Also going to get some good artwork for the sides.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

That looks pretty good but why such as humongous space between the front of the monitor and the front of the cabinet? Can't you cut all that off?

For a keyboard emulator for buttons an iPac would work of if you're handy you can go the Freescale route.

#3 8 years ago

I made it a little bigger to hold the keyboard so it's all in one unit. It's open underneath the keyboard and I have an xbox controller stashed in there as well. If I can get some kind of flipper controllers I will probably cut it down and replace with a touchscreen so no need for keyboard or mouse.

#4 8 years ago

One other thing, Zen Pinball works great with the changing backglass and DMD, although the newer tables still need them. I've seen examples of Pinball Arcade doing the same thing, but haven't seen any way to configure it to make it work. Anybody know how it's done on Pinball Arcade?

#5 8 years ago

Neat idea with how it holds the laptop in there & gives you something to play around with on-the-cheap.

I've wanted to build a virtual pin since 2008 lol. I'd have been happy enough with something like this for a bit. Except I'd be wiring in an I-PAC even if it was just a temp setup, the keyboard would drive me nuts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-attempt-at-virtual-cab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.