Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hawkmoon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“First Annual Pinball Cruise- Carribean 2020-2021”

• I am so in on a cruise in Jan-Feb 2021 11 votes
      16%
    • I am so in on a cruise in June-July 2021 6 votes
      9%
    • I want to go sooner in June- Aug 2020 2 votes
      3%
    • I would want to go out of Galveston 9 votes
      13%
    • I would want to go out of New Orleans 4 votes
      6%
    • I would want to gout of Fort Lauderdale 10 votes
      15%
    • I dont care I just want to go- tell me where and when. 5 votes
      7%
    • Hell No I aint going , I am scared and dont want unlimited food , drinks and pinball 20 votes
      30%

(Multiple choice - 67 votes by 49 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

51D78D44-4D97-402C-B128-F5001EF8CC45 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

Please go to this link to read more. I placed it in events with a date of July 2020 so it's down on the bottom.

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pinball-cruise-to-the-carribean-2020-or-2021-2020

Please let me know if I should move the event up higher or is it okay for now or just copy all the text in this post.

Thanks Folks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2 4 years ago

This could work if you get Stern, JJP, Spooky, and some other on board as well as some great vendors like Marco, Cointaker, etc....

Basically if you could take a nice regional show and put it on a boat there is no reason it would not work.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

This could work if you get Stern, JJP, Spooky, and some other on board as well as some great vendors like Marco, Cointaker, etc....
    Basically if you could take a nice regional show and put it on a boat there is no reason it would not work.

Yeah, pinball on a moving ship is Always a success. Lol

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey they have bowling alleys! Probably just the mega sized cruisers though

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Have you been on a newer ship lately?? they hardly move. I like a little movement...makes it more interesting and that's without bourbon.

We could just do a pinhead get together and not even bring machines...a 5 day cruise.

That's not a hurdle at all.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Agreeed 100%

We can go big or small, depends on cabins booked. If small we invite one Distro, and pivot from there. A nice quaint fun time with people who all love PIN.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Have you been on a newer ship lately?? they hardly move. I like a little movement...makes it more interesting and that's without bourbon.
    We could just do a pinhead get together and not even bring machines...a 5 day cruise.

I guess we would need to figure out the dates, length of cruise, and cost.

Would 500 people be the minimum?

#8 4 years ago

Wife has been bugging me to try a cruise for a while. Joke's going to be on her, now.

#9 4 years ago

Been on many cruises an absolutely great time. Will admit playing or discussing pinball is about the last thing I am thinking about though. Lol

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I guess we would need to figure out the dates, length of cruise, and cost.
    Would 500 people be the minimum?

Voting has begun...woohoo.

Cost is the easiest part.

5 days would be good out of Galveston or New Orleans. We can also do 7 days.

We can put it together with 50 cabins booked...the more the merrier as you say. HAHA. The next one will grow and we can do this yearly and pick different ports and destinations.

Totally open guys.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Wife has been bugging me to try a cruise for a while. Joke's going to be on her, now.

You should do it. Just did the Norwegian Epic Haven setup and had an incredible time. No phones, no work, just amazing. Just stay away from Carnival and such as you get what you pay for. Lol

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Been on many cruises an absolutely great time. Will admit playing or discussing pinball is about the last thing I am thinking about though. Lol

Perfect....then join us and come have a drink once in awhile. Maybe even sell some products. I will even buy yours.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

You should do it. Just did the Norwegian Epic Haven setup and had an incredible time. No phones, no work, just amazing. Just stay away from Carnival and such as you get what you pay for. Lol

Yeah for this group with this hobby its going to be Royal Caribbean , Celebrity or Princess.

We are going on the newest ship next year from Carnival called the Mardi Gras. Its going to be spectacular. Carnival owns many lines from low to super high. This one is middle and stunning.

Check this out .

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah well, if I had a thousand dollars to spend on cruises.......it wouldn't get spent on cruises, it would pay off credit cards. Amazing or not.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Well I guess I know your answer. hehe.

Thanks for the input.

#16 4 years ago

7 votes basically for Jan - FEB 2021 and out of Galveston is winning in the first hour.

Not bad.

7 cabins booked get's you a HUG. lol

#17 4 years ago

Well I guess I know your answer. hehe.
    Thanks for the input.

Not necessarily. A lot can happen in a year. I voted for Galveston or NOLA, though my preference for obvious reasons is vastly Galveston...

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Not necessarily. A lot can happen in a year. I voted for Galveston or NOLA, though my preference for obvious reasons is vastly Galveston...

I hear you.....Galveston is 2 options Carnival Fun Ship or Royal Caribbean. I can tell you that my deals on carnival would be stellar. They Love us.

We won most booked rooms last nov/dec and we got a tshirt...LOL...regardless of ship it's about the people you meet and hang with.

#19 4 years ago

I'm a Carnival fan. Their new boats are amazing. I wouldn't eliminate them from discussion if they would work with you on price.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

I'm a Carnival fan. Their new boats are amazing. I wouldn't eliminate them from discussion if they would work with you on price.

I can get us stellar deals on Carnival and the new ships are great. I would focus on them . The price is about half from RC.

How do I edit a poll? in a week or so I want to decide the options that are the low votes and to remove and continue on.

Thanks.

#21 4 years ago

Anyone else out there interested??

#23 4 years ago

Galveston and FL in a tight race/

Seems we have a clear choice of dates....jan-feb 2020.

How do I edit a poll?? any ideas?? will it let me start a new one down the line?

#24 4 years ago

OK,this is a great idea!! However,how are you going to get pinballs on a cruise ship!! Wife and I have been on 3 cruises with Norwegian ,and yes they have a bowling alley and a fine arcade minus pinballs!! I don't just wanna talk about this hobby,its all about hands on!Galveston is more centrally located for us West coasters,Florida is a bigger stretch!To late for me to go 2020,2021 is clear!! Good luck,keep me in the loop! And by the way,some of you could use your time share and substitute your time!!

#25 4 years ago

Once we get some more traction, I am sure we can then reach out to a few folks , like Stern , Cointaker etc etc. If it's out of Galveston I can ask a few arcades in Houston / Dallas/ San Antonio if they want to participate. We have some big ones.

Concept sounds doable.

We need min 100 cabins...thats not a lot when the new ships have 2000-2500 cabins or more. We are inviting some of our friends even thou they dont care about pinball, they just want to hang out and have a nice cruise.

I can also combine our existing base of clients and make it a group cruise with our PIN heads . Will help get us more rooms and more favors, goodies.

In just a week it seems we have 15 cabins just from the poll. We can do this.

I need help from all to promote it thru Pinside and to friends and family.

My Business development manager with Carnival is calling me later to discuss .

#26 4 years ago

“Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games.” -- Jack Handy

#27 4 years ago

This would be a great time, I mean having pinball machines on a ship! Maybe would have to remove the tilt bob

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

This would be a great time, I mean having pinball machines on a ship! Maybe would have to remove the tilt bob

These new ships with stabilizers hardly move....and a little moving is kinda fun. Its the waves or the booze....you decide.

Gulf of mexico is mellow, not going to Alaska. HAHA.

Keep the tilt bob as a next level of expertise.

#29 4 years ago

These new ships with stabilizers hardly move....and a little moving is kinda fun. Its the waves or the booze....you decide.

Gulf of mexico is mellow, not going to Alaska. HAHA.

Keep the tilt bob as a next level of expertise.

It couldn't be the booze!

#30 4 years ago

I know its way early but how does this look to narrow down the dates?

Start the new year off with a bang.

Jan Sail date 2020. Galveston.

https://www.carnival.com/itinerary/7-day-western-caribbean-cruise/galveston/vista/7-days/wcn?Military=N&PastGuest=N&Senior=N&abCode=&itinportcode=gal&numGuests=2&offerCode=&promoCode=&rateCode=&roomType=IS&sailDate=01042020&smp=Y

Interiors starting at around $700 bucks, balconies around $900. Deposits fro $1.00 ....Black Friday Sale.

Thoughts??

#31 4 years ago

This sounds great! We are already going cruising to Alaska in June of 2020 so we probably couldn't do it but what a great idea!

I might be able to convince the hubby on the January 2021 one, we are in Massachusetts and January is so cold and dreary and getting away would be great!

I'll be following this conversation.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from SGSA:

This sounds great! We are already going cruising to Alaska in June of 2020 so we probably couldn't do it but what a great idea!
    I might be able to convince the hubby on the January 2021 one, we are in Massachusetts and January is so cold and dreary and getting away would be great!

Quoted from SGSA:

Aloha ,

Yeah on our last cruise we met many folks from Mass. I think Jan is perfect. Worst case we bump it to Valentines day.

Galveston is a easy port, fly into Hobby on Southwest. Shuttle down to ship. Easy Peasy!!!

Please help spread the word for us. The first hurdle is 50 cabins, then we move to 100 and I dont want more than 250 on our first annual cruise. We can grow over the years.

250 is a nice group, keep it small , friendly and fun.

Thanks for the nice comments.

#33 4 years ago

Mmmmnope.

#1: Too close to proposed date. My company has union, and we have to bid for vacation days. We aren't even done with bidding for next year, and I would've had to have known before any of that started, as we bid carryover, then weeks (and I already passed on scheduling a full week), then single days. I expect they'll probably finish up in about 2 weeks or so, but until then.....nobody in my group can schedule time for next year. Just something to think about when announcing dates, especially right at the end of the year.

#2: Lemme see.... Thanksgiving, Christmas, Property Taxes, income taxes....sure let me throw a cruise on top of that. Nope. January is a bad time, financially. I realize that a lot of the hoity-toity people are going to have fat end-year bonuses and whatnot, and it probably doesn't matter to the majority of fat cats on here, but finding another 1400 in January is about goddamn impossible for ME without knowing I need to save for it definitely way more than a month out, so it's related to #1, but more related to the fact that I work for <bleep> that haven't given me an actual pay raise in over 7 years.

I'd be interested, STILL, for 2021, but less than a month and a half out is WAY too short notice.

#34 4 years ago

Sausage Fest 2020!

Seriously, I like how the first picture shows a woman who wouldn't get on a boat with a bunch of New Balance wearing nerds if her life depended on it!

#35 4 years ago

Says Who?

I just might bring the dallas cowboy cheerleaders...they need the work.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sausage Fest 2020!
    Seriously, I like how the first picture shows a woman who wouldn't get on a boat with a bunch of New Balance wearing nerds if her life depended on it!

Weird flex, bro.

*edit* Also, username DEFINITELY checks out.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sausage Fest 2020!

In the current era chicks actually dig nerds.
    Especially nerds with money.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

In the current era chicks actually dig nerds.
    Especially nerds with money.

Um, okay.

3 months later
    #39 4 years ago

2022???

#40 4 years ago

I’m assuming this never happened?

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

I’m assuming this never happened?

We will find out in 60 days when they are allowed to leave the boat!

#42 4 years ago

You should have included an option for those of us who wouldn't go on any type of cruise at any time, for any reason.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The fun is infectious!

51D78D44-4D97-402C-B128-F5001EF8CC45 (resized).jpeg51D78D44-4D97-402C-B128-F5001EF8CC45 (resized).jpeg
    2 months later
    #45 3 years ago

Sail out of Orlando/Port Canaveral and I'll be there.

#46 3 years ago

Big 8 sux,are you a spoiled only child,or a boss for some company,and use to having your own way regardless???

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-annual-pinball-cruise-carribean-2020-2021 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.