(Topic ID: 122679)

First (of 30+) AMH sold at TPF (AMH sold out!)

By jfh

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF0091.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
DSCF2800.JPG
DSCF3436.JPG
256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
spookyshow.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg
20150328_112552.jpg
IMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
image-652.jpg
image.jpg
yeah.gif
critic.gif
robinhood.gif
sprockets.gif
sally.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Their #2 is just a retheme (licensed) of their zombies pin which has been seen already..

that is not correct.

They have a license for #2 but the game will not be exactly what was previously seen at MCG 2014. I am sure as it develops there will be some pretty sizable changes. Charlie recently made a post to this effect.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And beyond that it's about keeping your word.

It is 100% about keeping your word.

I can't see any situation where they would even consider going back on their word.

Many people bought in because things feel at east somewhat safer when buying in to a limited run.
It would be an insult to go back on what you have promised to early supporters and that is very far from the spooky MO.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't recall them ever promising that it was 'limited' beyond that they had ordered a certain number of parts for 1 batch and no guarantees beyond that that they would produce more. Although I believe they said they could if the demand was there and could do another batch order of parts.

They have said numerous times a strict limit of 150. You can go search their posts here on pinsid eif you want.

or you could also just go right to their website

"Limited to 150 production games. No tricks, no gimmicks, no LE’s or games from the crypt coming later."

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I can't see how a smaller run is "safer". How small was the Predator run? 250? If the main reason you're buying a pin is because the seller held you close and whispered in your ear that not everyone will get to buy one and that only X people have this opportunity then you've got a problem.

you have some deep dark issues.

ANYTIME you are buying a new product there are lots of unknowns and risks. Making that product limited in a collectible community gives every buyer an added benefit (i.e. safer) because they know that even if things go sour then they may not have a 300lb paper weight due to the possibly collectible nature of the product.

AMH is a perfect example of this. Games were very slow to sell at first and they boosted sales by committing to a limited run. This got a few more buyer off the fence. This in turn snowballed as more and more players got to see the game and decide they want it for themselves.

It is not about felling special. It is about understanding the risks and weighing your options when buying a 6k toy. I have known the game was great for a long time, but a limited edition surely helped many other to make up their mind to buy.

#94 4 years ago

I am guessing a complete sell out but the time of MGC at latest?

I hope for the folks in the midwest that are yet to dive in, that they get a chance to play at MGC before they are all spoken for.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

They can always remake the game 5-8 years down the road if business is good and demand is there.

Spooky will not be doing that. 150 is it. They have made that clear. This is a really genuine limited run game.

They are being very smart IMHO.

Step 1 build and program a very solid game
Step 2 get it into people's hands and incentivize purchase with a strict limit
Step 3 sell 150 of them
Step 4 secure an awesome license for the next game in higher production

Anyone that has talked with anyone at the company realizes that they are big on their word and have a great work ethic. They will never make more than 150 AMH. Once it is done, it is done.

They have a very calculated approach to being a pinball manufacturer and they are far from greedy.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Isn't that a backglass idea you made, Aurich? Cool idea!
Ben Heck Game #3 is Bible Adventures, everyone knows that.

Can I pre-reserve game #666 please!!! ?

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

"Ben Heck Game #3 is Bible Adventures, everyone knows that."
I'm guessing this was said with tongue planted firmly in the cheek

Ben is very much serious. He has been talking about BA for as long as I have known him.
I would sell very well and it would be a theme you could finally find in a chuch.

One of the most classic tales ever told, great numerology (fits perfects for a pinball), and no license to pay for.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'd imagine that a licensed theme would sell more than that, especially if it's one like Rob Zombie. I think from here out it actually may be smarter for them to just produce until demand starts to die down, and then once the sales slow then go announce a number at which they will cap production.

Probably not a bad idea, but they need to be careful not to get too far ahead of themselves or grow too quick. Keep in mind, small staff, agile to adjust, steady build rate, and need to have ample time to develop game #3 after game #2 hits.

I really hope Spooky becomes the place for future botique designers to come for manufacturing needs. I know WOOLY almost made it there and I think that could be the perfect solution to make them stable and timed well for slow steady growth.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Or ... They could just phone them.
rd.

RD, did you get one of these? With 10? reserved for AUS, I bet you could grab one of the down under cue.

#262 4 years ago

over under on how long till Ben spills the beans on game #2?

MGC saturday night, 7 beers in?

#265 4 years ago

based on their FB page it appears spooky is hiring a few more minions. I am guessing we will see a slight uptick in the number of game made per week.

Chuck seems to have the right idea of hire and train skilled labor, and then time things corrcetly so you can keep that skilled labor employeed for the long haul.

From last account I think they were around 45ish built? That means 105 to go at 2 per week = 52 weeks. If they end up doing 3 or more per week then that time obviously gets shorter.

Either way, game #2 will surely need a decent amount of play testing and tweaking before they even think about full production. To me is seems liek they have everything on a really nice timing currently.

I am excited for #2 and what is sure to be some amazing artwork. I am also excited to see the refined layout of number 2. I liked what I saw at MGC last year, but agree that it needed some polish.

If Spooky is looking for a local show to debut #2 in summer, Mad Rollin Pinball Charity event will be on August 28-29 wink wink nudge nudge...

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The first time you fail Doctor Ghost, you get the trapped ball back.
If you can shoot it back behind the door in 5 seconds, Doctor Ghost immediately restarts.
If you don't shoot it back in time, game continues normally (and you have to re-advance Doctor mode)
If you start Doctor Ghost a SECOND time, and fail, the trapped ball gets drained.
One quick restart per mode, per player, per game.

makes perfect sense to me and another one of the things I really like in the code

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Normal, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 189.99
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 109.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside