(Topic ID: 122679)

First (of 30+) AMH sold at TPF (AMH sold out!)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0091.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
DSCF2800.JPG
DSCF3436.JPG
256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
spookyshow.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg
20150328_112552.jpg
IMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
image-652.jpg
image.jpg
yeah.gif
critic.gif
robinhood.gif
sprockets.gif
sally.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 9 years ago

I don't recall them ever promising that it was 'limited' beyond that they had ordered a certain number of parts for 1 batch and no guarantees beyond that that they would produce more. Although I believe they said they could if the demand was there and could do another batch order of parts.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

From Spooky Pinball's site:
"Limited to 150 production games. No tricks, no gimmicks, no LE’s or games from the crypt coming later."
Source: http://www.spookypinball.com/games-swag/

Ah, ok. I must be thinking of something they said earlier, before they solidified things. that is black and white so for certain they will be cutting it off then. congrats to them on their success. I suspect in time they may very well be the only successful boutique without a factory.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

if Spooky makes more AMH then I wouldn't blame them.

From the sounds of it, they're going to have their hands full just getting the 150 done and out, and they want to get the ball rolling with title 2 which will likely keep them busy for the next year after that.

#154 9 years ago

Is that real? That is a wicked backglass. Good luck Spooky team with the rest of the game.

edit: Ahh, not real. Cool pic though.

#184 9 years ago

Congrats on the success of your game, Ben. I'm excited that hopefully it will give you motivation for another kick at the can .

#258 9 years ago

As with any game, there will certainly be several months of "showing" any new game before they can deliver them anyways. Prototypes need time to mature, get playtested at shows, etc. So while that period is happening they'll be wrapping up AMH builds.

They won't be turning into Stern overnight by showing a game tomorrow and delivering them to customers the next week.

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I hate pre-orders, and I hate making people wait.

Charlie, may I suggest to avoid the pre-order drama, perhaps a strategy of starting to show the game when you are ready, but not take pre-orders at all until you are much closer to production. People will be shouting "Shut up and take my money!" but it might be better for everyone if you hold firm, create an email list for interested people, but do nothing more than that until you are ready.

It seems like where things start to turn on pre-orders is when money is sent ahead, and then unanticipated snafus pop up in the road delaying things.

Without money on the line, gives you more flexibility with releasing it when it is 100% ready, and no one getting upset.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What makes you think they aren't going to do this?
It's pretty much what they did on AMH (if you don't count the hickup/delay on the Founder's Edition games). I said earlier that it seemed like Spooky's model was more "build to order" than "preorder". I suspect that game 2 will work pretty much the same except that the time between order and delivery will be shorter.

I agree that they did do this for AMH pretty much. The only reason I restated it, is there are a few differences between then and now:

-AMH was slow out of the gate. When they opened orders, there were basically none at first.

-AMH was unlicensed theme.

-They were an unproven entity.

Now they are proven to delivery games, have huge community support, will be getting lots more attention and have a licensed theme that may very well sell itself. So there will be a lot more "Shut Up and Take my Money!" being yelled at them this time.

The other difference is we've seen first hand this past year how other companies have floundered after taking money (MMR), and that generated a lot of negativity. So its much more clear today what works and what doesn't.

Having said that I am 100% behind the Spooky crew, they've done right by everyone so far. So my suggestion was just that - trying to be a helpful suggestion, not a criticism.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-amh-sold-at-tpf?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.