(Topic ID: 122679)

First (of 30+) AMH sold at TPF (AMH sold out!)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0091.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
DSCF2800.JPG
DSCF3436.JPG
256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
spookyshow.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg
20150328_112552.jpg
IMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
image-652.jpg
image.jpg
yeah.gif
critic.gif
robinhood.gif
sprockets.gif
sally.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 9 years ago

My only complaint with the game was that some modes kill flippers and drain your balls and end it...Doctor Ghost specifically IIRC, *after* you restart it. If you don't complete mode in time oops...so sad, there's the end of your ball. Not sure if that is an intentional design choice or was only a setting that was put that way for TPF, but either way, damn that was extremely frustrating.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I think the concept is that you already drained, but you have the opportunity to stay alive by hitting the door within the time allotted, like the TOTO shot.

This would be fine, except that there's no indication it's "life or death", the second ball is just sitting there on the playfield where you would expect it to come back into play.. **AND** if you don't restart the mode, but go play another mode, you don't have the penalty of "sudden death".

Basically, you are a sucker if you failed the mode and quick restart it. There's absolutely no incentive to do so given that you can start it, go for a multiball using this "free" ball, and the penalty for failure on quick restart is loss of both balls that are "in play" on the playfield. It's not that hard to make four shots to some other mode to start it and not be penalized in this way.

I should mention that on Sunday morning, I had a game that was over 150 million...which was ridiculous beyond compare to any of the tournament scores I had seen. I had like three or four extra balls (oops? Why were those even on in a tourney bank? One was from mystery..), and fully finished four different modes. The game is very fun, I like it a lot..I just don't like this ONE aspect. When I get a chance to play it again, I'm definitely not shooting for the quick restarts.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Frax, did you have the timer run out during your re-try of the 2nd stage, and the flippers go dead with a ball loose on the PF, plus the one ball locked in the saucer?

Yes.

#285 9 years ago

If you don't quick (or slow??) restart the same mode, is it supposed to kill the flippers and let that ball drain? It did not appear to at TPF, but from what you are saying sounds like it should. I wanted to talk to you and Charlie at the show about this thing, but never got any time away from the tourney bank. =P

I didn't find the kickout of the captured ball up to the wireform to be confusing at all...that was expected behavior to me. It's the SECOND time, when it kicked it up to the wireform and killed my flippers that I was confused. And pissed. Need some indicator you're in a sudden death situation...if there's one there, we probably couldn't hear it over the noise at the show, which is a bummer. "Better finish it this time!"

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

f you restart, but fail the mode again, then yes you are done, but at this point you have drained twice.

It still kills the flippers if the ball is in play and the timer runs out, yes? That's the problem. If the game is going to do that, I want a heads up that something is going on.. I don't want to sit there cradling the ball to try and line up a shot, I want to be furiously attempting to clear that mode and hopefully not die. Audio cues would be great here. You don't have to drain the ball to fail a mode.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I should add that I just tested this. I started the doctor ghost and drained intentionally. It gave me the trapped ball back. I cradled the ball and let the timer countdown to zero. Nothing happened. The game continued in normal play.

You guys are missing the damn point entirely. What you just said is exactly the behavior I reported above, and you completely ignored the part about it being AFTER THE RESTART. I don't know how to be any more clear about it.

1. Start Ghost Doctor.
2. Drain ball.
3. DURING QUICK RESTART TIMER, RESTART GHOST DOCTOR.
4. DO NOT DRAIN WHILE TIMER IS RUNNING... report results.

I'm reporting what *actually happened* to me at the show, so either it was a glitch, or none of you understand what I'm saying, which I find hard to believe. It makes absolutely no sense at all what Betelgeuse is saying above.....I really doubt the game just keeps a ball captive behind the door.

Not to mention that I had someone else report the exact same thing happened to another player so.....yeah. I'm not even going to try to explain this for a fifth time. Anyways..it's not a buy/no-buy killer IMO, but something to consider for people playing the game the first time or in a tournament.

1 week later
#309 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We had a tourney for the last two spots at MGC.
Game is now sold out!

The question is, did they have to play AMH for it, and what were their scores? lol..

Scores at TPF were super low, overall IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-amh-sold-at-tpf?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.