(Topic ID: 122679)

First (of 30+) AMH sold at TPF (AMH sold out!)

By jfh

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF0091.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
DSCF2800.JPG
DSCF3436.JPG
256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
spookyshow.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg
20150328_112552.jpg
IMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
image-652.jpg
image.jpg
yeah.gif
critic.gif
robinhood.gif
sprockets.gif
sally.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I don't think that's the plan.

To be fair that is what Chuck basically said at one point, so he's not wrong.

But since then there have been ideas floated that the layout might evolve. The theme will be worth the extra work.

#34 4 years ago

From what I hear talking to Ben this morning if you're on the fence you better get off fast, the rest of the slots may not survive TPF.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yeah, Shaun of the Dead please. Following pin could then be Hellboy. {"shut up and take my money" is heard from the pre-order crowd}. Fortunately Spooky plays by the right set of rules ... build it first, they will come second. Excited to hear the theme, whatever it may be.

I will neither confirm nor deny any guesses, so don't read anything into my replies.

Shaun of the Dead would be a great theme. It was over the top and legit as far as zombie films go, but full of humor too. Personally I like humor in my games, if it's done right.

I totally understand why Chuck wouldn't want to compete with a zombie theme against TWD though. Hard to go toe to toe with the big manufacturer, better to carve out your own niche.

As for Hellboy, I was just thinking the other day what a great license that would be. But only if Mike Mignola draws the playfield. How great would his style look screened onto a game?

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would kill for an Army of Darkness machine

I was pulling for Spooky to do that at one point too. I know Ben and I talked about it. Same as Shaun of the Dead, horror theme, but with humor.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Maybe they should up the number produced to 200.
At the very least they should get a wait list going. I love my AMH

Tough. I'd rather they made more and met demand myself. But if you say a number and then change it buyers could get upset.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

OH NO!!! YOUR LE ISNT AS LIMITED!!!

I mean I sure don't care. But some people do. And beyond that it's about keeping your word.

Maybe if owners were urging them to do that it would be different.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

At JJP's seminar, Jack said they took 13 online orders today for The Hobbit. Spooky and JJP did the same numbers for the show? Well done Spooky. What a nice bunch of people.

Well I hope JJP sold more Hobbits since then, because it sounds like Spooky has sold at least twice that at TPF.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You know what's funny? Is that you can go back like 2 years ago and I said that Gary would remake certain games and you guys used the same argument that he would not do that or he would piss of those original LE owners.

And, what exactly has Stern remade that proves your point?

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK this is true, so you guys are right. However, Gary has clearly remade games that were rising in price because he's a businessman and I am totally fine with that.

I'm not playing gotcha with you, I'm just genuinely confused by what you're trying to say.

Gary has remade games? I mean, there's Iron Man VE, but other than that what are you referring to? Are you counting MMr in there for some reason?

Edit: And to stay on topic, big congrats to Ben and Chuck and the whole Spooky team. You're kicking yourselves now for pulling 150 out of a hat instead of 250, but don't sweat it, your plans for the future are looking bright. This is just the beginning, and I wish you all the best and continued success.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Buy the way, I'm not your bud.

I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it sport.

#153 4 years ago

Anyone remember my old Rob Zombie pitch thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-open-letter-to-stern-this-should-be-your-next-license

Just needs a "y" added to the translite!

spookyshow.jpg

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Isn't that a backglass idea you made, Aurich? Cool idea!
Ben Heck Game #3 is Bible Adventures, everyone knows that.

Just to be clear I stole that art from something, and the name came from RZ's comic book, I didn't actually draw anything. Was just a little fun mockup for my pitch thread.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would buy a Rob Zombie with question!

What would the question be?

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Never in a million years thought we'd have the type of weekend we did in Texas. Great first world problems to have!

Told you man, you just had to come further out West!

Super happy for you guys. I'm calling it right now, game 2 is going to sell out its run of twice as many units a whole hell of a lot faster than twice as fast.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 50.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside