(Topic ID: 122679)

First (of 30+) AMH sold at TPF (AMH sold out!)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0091.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
DSCF2800.JPG
DSCF3436.JPG
256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
spookyshow.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg
20150328_112552.jpg
IMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
image-652.jpg
image.jpg
yeah.gif
critic.gif
robinhood.gif
sprockets.gif
sally.gif

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Played AMH at the Spooky booth and all I can say is WOW. ( Probably preaching to the choir here )
Shots were very satisfying - took a minute to get one up the right ramp, but it felt great to hit it. It's a fast game, cool dots, nice to be able to select your skill shot,
lighting is great, cab is cool, the callouts ( that I could hear over the rest of the hall ) were pretty funny.
Glad I finally got to play one and understand what all the excitement is about.
AND very glad that your excellent first effort is being recognized and rewarded with a sell-out.
I just hope one ends up nearby in Atlanta...

Ben Heck said an AMH will be at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo

#202 9 years ago

I knew they would do well at the TPF.

#203 9 years ago

My prediction from the thread came true.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amh-version-18/page/3#post-2299842

"I would think after TPF it's going to be hard to get one, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell most of the remaining ones since there are a lot of people waiting to play it before buying."

Congrats to Charlie, Ben, and everyone else involved.

#204 9 years ago

"Ben Heck Game #3 is Bible Adventures, everyone knows that."

I'm guessing this was said with tongue planted firmly in the cheek but Bible Adventures actually has a lot going for it. Trinity Multiball, Wizard mode of "the last supper" except you wouldn't call it a Wizard mode, pretty much would have to be called God mode. One thing I'd love to see in a Bible Adventures pinball machine is a Lazarus mode where players have to purposefully try to Lazarus their ball. It could be something as simple as having a center post but the center post is actually a scoring target and if your ball hits the center post and doesn't drain within the next few seconds the machine would know you've succefully Lazerused. Which gets me to thinking - why isn't their scoring associated with center post hits - too difficult to do or just not worth it?

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from fna_royam:

"Ben Heck Game #3 is Bible Adventures, everyone knows that."
I'm guessing this was said with tongue planted firmly in the cheek

Ben is very much serious. He has been talking about BA for as long as I have known him.
I would sell very well and it would be a theme you could finally find in a chuch.

One of the most classic tales ever told, great numerology (fits perfects for a pinball), and no license to pay for.

#206 9 years ago

My AMH shows up in 45 days or so...I haven't seen anything posted in regards to the next game's order process? Will it be pre-order deposit? Will it be a limited run of 150 again? Will AMH buyers get first dibs like JJP did with Hobbit? Just curious....

#207 9 years ago

I believe the next game is planned for 300 units.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I believe the next game is planned for 300 units.

I'd imagine that a licensed theme would sell more than that, especially if it's one like Rob Zombie. I think from here out it actually may be smarter for them to just produce until demand starts to die down, and then once the sales slow then go announce a number at which they will cap production.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I'd imagine that a licensed theme would sell more than that, especially if it's one like Rob Zombie. I think from here out it actually may be smarter for them to just produce until demand starts to die down, and then once the sales slow then go announce a number at which they will cap production.

Probably not a bad idea, but they need to be careful not to get too far ahead of themselves or grow too quick. Keep in mind, small staff, agile to adjust, steady build rate, and need to have ample time to develop game #3 after game #2 hits.

I really hope Spooky becomes the place for future botique designers to come for manufacturing needs. I know WOOLY almost made it there and I think that could be the perfect solution to make them stable and timed well for slow steady growth.

#210 9 years ago

Morning... so that's what sleep feels like?! I should get more of that.

Just letting everyone know we are absolutely behind after Texas in every way. We still haven't unloaded the car & trailer completely! Remember... the minions are building away (including our new full time cabinet assembly guy who started yesterday) while KT and I scramble on the rest.

We'll sit down tonight and sort it all out. KT (she still has a day job... for now) and I were both getting panic'd emails all weekend once the news got out of how good Texas was with people requesting games. They are still coming in every hour or so.

Also... we promised games to Australia, and WE WILL make that happen. it may be a small batch of 10 at this point.

So if we aren't getting back to you as fast as normal please understand... we will. Need to sort out all the games sold in person at the Texas Pinball Festival, Australia, KT's email requests, and my email requests... we'll offer the remaining games in email order received until we hit 149... then 150 goes to the charity auction.

We're doing our best. Never in a million years thought we'd have the type of weekend we did in Texas. Great first world problems to have!

Thanks everyone. Go back to speculating on what game #2 could be and how Ben Heck would look illustrated-up with ripped muscles, riding on a stallion, crashing through the walls of Jericho, on the back glass of Bible Adventures.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good move. Looks like we have gone from 0 in the Denver area to at least 3.
Based on how quickly they sold this weekend, I'd be stunned if they aren't sold out before RMS.
Congrats.

Make that 4. I ordered about a month ago so my number is in the mid 90's. Can't wait for it to show up. KT says June-July.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Thanks everyone. Go back to speculating on what game #2 could be and how Ben Heck would look illustrated-up with ripped muscles, riding on a stallion, crashing through the walls of Jericho, on the back glass of Bible Adventures.

. . . and Bryan Kelly could be Herod . . .

#213 9 years ago

Anyone else from Ohio get an order in? I'm seeing all the talk from the Colorado guys and am wondering if there's anyone else around me that was able to get one.

#214 9 years ago

256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg

#215 9 years ago

LOL. Perfect!

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

One of the most classic tales ever told, great numerology (fits perfects for a pinball), and no license to pay for.

I'm sure the Pope would try and get a cut.... or, at least, a free game.

#217 9 years ago

Hmm. Yes, licensing could be an issue after all . . .

#218 9 years ago

Never in a million years thought we'd have the type of weekend we did in Texas. Great first world problems to have!

Told you man, you just had to come further out West!

Super happy for you guys. I'm calling it right now, game 2 is going to sell out its run of twice as many units a whole hell of a lot faster than twice as fast.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm calling it right now, game 2 is going to sell out its run of twice as many units a whole hell of a lot faster than twice as fast.

I agree. 300 is nothing for a licensed theme from a company that has already successfully shipped an entire other game.

#220 9 years ago

get your order in ASAP for AMH if you want to be an original NIB owner...
...or, you could move to Australia and then order 1

great game, played it at TFP. very fun.

#221 9 years ago

Have a lot of faith in Spooky as a company. Holding out for that Hellboy game with art by Mignola though!

#222 9 years ago

Great to hear that Spooky did well at TPF. Even if AMH does sell out, I am hoping that one makes it to MGC next month so I can check it out. I like supporting local businesses, so I'll keep their upcoming release of Bible Adventures in mind when I start looking for machines.

#223 9 years ago

Spooky should be bringing AMH to the MGC.

#224 9 years ago

Thanks for the info Ben and Charlie, I hope I was early enough to get one locked in I know I was late to the game but I left the seminar to go talk with KT and sent a depsoit right then. will find out in the next day or 2 I'm sure. Take your time. This is a good problem for ya'll to have! Looking forward to hearing from yall soon!

#225 9 years ago

If you sent a deposit you're good, it's the new requests since TPF that may not all get filled.

We're going to hold a few spots for sale at MGC, basically so we can "sell out" live and in person.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If you sent a deposit you're good, it's the new requests since TPF that may not all get filled.
We're going to hold a few spots for sale at MGC, basically so we can "sell out" live and in person.

Awesome to hear Ben thanks for the confirmation that I will be good. Sounds cool that yall are doing that at MGC I'm sure it will sell out there.

Glad I got the chance to talk with you this weekend you were leaving the booth heading for your flight when we talked. Awesome to see the passion yall have for the game and your customers. I have been watching some of the older videos you've done during development and it is really cool to see all the work you put into designing the game as well as the development process.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What Ben said... we ARE NOT oversold, but we very well might be over-requested. Last thing I want is to tell a customer that thinks they are getting a game they aren't. Hence the being careful right now.

So we'll sort it all out tonight, reply asap, and take the remaining few spots to MGC and "sell live". Really hope we can celebrate this all officially in a big way at MGC!!! We still consider that our home show.

#228 9 years ago

What Ben said... we ARE NOT oversold, but we very well might be over-requested. Last thing I want is to tell a customer that thinks they are getting a game they aren't. Hence the being careful right now.
So we'll sort it all out tonight, reply asap, and take the remaining few spots to MGC and "sell live". Really hope we can celebrate this all officially in a big way at MGC!!! We still consider that our home show.

Beer's on me, Chuckles. Spooky Pinball should be quite proud!!

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Hmm. Yes, licensing could be an issue after all . . .

Thank God

#230 9 years ago

Congrats guys! It's awesome to hear that all your effort to drive games down to TPF was worthwhile. I'm curious how you are going to determine who gets first crack at the games going to MGC, as I think your table will get mobbed before you even unfold the legs on it. It wouldn't surprise me if some people would fly out for the show just to try to buy one.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm curious how you are going to determine who gets first crack at the games going to MGC, as I think your table will get mobbed before you even unfold the legs on it.

Spooky may already have a plan in place but having interested buyers enter their names and then doing a drawing to determine who gets to buy the last few games could be exciting and create a bit more buzz for the company.

#232 9 years ago

Oh I like that idea! Chuck what do you think?

Slips of paper, draw 3 and they get the last games?

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Spooky may already have a plan in place but having interested buyers enter their names and then doing a drawing to determine who gets to buy the last few games could be exciting and create a bit more buzz for the company.

Even better you could sell tix for a $1 to raise money for whatever charity the last game was going to be auctioned off for. Multiple winners not allowed though.

Might raise a few hundred dollars for the charity while still having a lottery type result.

#234 9 years ago

Go back to speculating on what game #2 could be

Come on Charlie, wrap up that Elvira license that seems to be eluding everyone else. The pinball community is depending on you!

#235 9 years ago

It is so awesome that this game is selling so well. I do find it amazing that is was available to anyone for many months and now there will be competition for the last spots. I played it on Friday and it is a cool game.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh I like that idea! Chuck what do you think?
Slips of paper, draw 3 and they get the last games?

All I know today is we're going to go to MGC and have some fun with this... take a deep breath, and drink a few beers in celebration of what has been a whole hell of a lot of work.

We'll do something unique and cool with those last few game sales at the show for sure!

#237 8 years ago

I am so glad I didn't wait.

#238 8 years ago

Speak for yourself Chuck, I'm gonna drink a TON of beers!

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Speak for yourself Chuck, I'm gonna drink a TON of beers!

That goes without saying.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It wouldn't surprise me if some people would fly out for the show just to try to buy one.

Or ... They could just phone them.

rd.

#241 8 years ago

Thanks to Charlie, Ben and everyone at Spooky for making me feel good about pinball again.

#242 8 years ago

How did this drop to the second page?? Blasphemy...

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Or ... They could just phone them.
rd.

RD, did you get one of these? With 10? reserved for AUS, I bet you could grab one of the down under cue.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

RD, did you get one of these? With 10? reserved for AUS, I bet you could grab one of the down under cue.

Hmmmmm hard to say .....

rd

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Im not a fan of the yellow powder coat but im sure there is a story behind it. I think white might look neat

No real story. Just liked the yellow, Plus I brake up the colors in my collection of games.
You could play the colors so many ways. Purple(s), green or even white. Once, I custom paint the ghost and door and pull out another little stops on the game should be what I like. I have seen other peoples games, that do what I do to my games for others and some look great and some look like ok whatever you like. I think all machines are that way. There is so many mods that can be done on this game. I spoke with a few people at the show, who do mods shared allot of great ideas. It will be fun to watch what comes out. Plus, it's nice to see Spooky Pinball support pinheads in building mods for their games.

#246 8 years ago

AMH is a great pin. Enjoyed playing it in the tourney, and rode it to victory in the semifinals and finals of the Wizard Tourney.

In my opinion, anyone who has ordered this pin will be very happy with their purchase. Good shots. Fun rules, with some decent decision-making of how to approach the game. And with the hair-trigger powerful slings, it made for a tough tourney pin!

I only wish the volume would have been turned up more in the tourney area so we could hear the callouts better. Great humor!

#247 8 years ago

I almost didn't buy it because I thought I couldn't deal with the campiness. I was wrong. I laughed out loud several times since getting it home.

#248 8 years ago

My only complaint with the game was that some modes kill flippers and drain your balls and end it...Doctor Ghost specifically IIRC, *after* you restart it. If you don't complete mode in time oops...so sad, there's the end of your ball. Not sure if that is an intentional design choice or was only a setting that was put that way for TPF, but either way, damn that was extremely frustrating.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

My only complaint with the game was that some modes kill flippers and drain your balls and end it...Doctor Ghost specifically IIRC, *after* you restart it. If you don't complete mode in time oops...so sad, there's the end of your ball. Not sure if that is an intentional design choice or was only a setting that was put that way for TPF, but either way, damn that was extremely frustrating.

I think the concept is that you already drained, but you have the opportunity to stay alive by hitting the door within the time allotted, like the TOTO shot.

#250 8 years ago

I went ahead and ordered this at TPF as well. I really loved the gameplay and flow of the machine. And when I saw the topper, it really pushed it over the edge for me. I also think it will contrast nicely with my new Avengers LE and it's more difficult shots.

The only thing that bugged me on the machine at TPF was the lights on the side were kind of wavy and looked like they were coming unglued or something. Does anyone know if those lights are sealed in the cabinet or will I be able to fix them if I need to?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-amh-sold-at-tpf/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.