(Topic ID: 122679)

First (of 30+) AMH sold at TPF (AMH sold out!)

By jfh

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF0091.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
DSCF2800.JPG
DSCF3436.JPG
256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
spookyshow.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg
20150328_112552.jpg
IMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
image-652.jpg
image.jpg
yeah.gif
critic.gif
robinhood.gif
sprockets.gif
sally.gif

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Spooky's next pin is ROB ZOMBIE!

Wishful thinking or insider's info?

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Wishful thinking or insider's info?

Spooky thread speculation but its the only theme that fits the criteria. Ben Heck said that the theme had been guessed on that thread already. Pretty sure its Rob Zombie pin. Also I believe Charlie is a big fan.

#153 4 years ago

Anyone remember my old Rob Zombie pitch thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-open-letter-to-stern-this-should-be-your-next-license

Just needs a "y" added to the translite!

spookyshow.jpg

#154 4 years ago

Is that real? That is a wicked backglass. Good luck Spooky team with the rest of the game.

edit: Ahh, not real. Cool pic though.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

There were a lot of ideas being tossed around but it was hard to hear them all because Bryan Kelly wouldn't shut the f* up.

I heard that, asshole!!

#156 4 years ago

Isn't that a backglass idea you made, Aurich? Cool idea!

Ben Heck Game #3 is Bible Adventures, everyone knows that.

#157 4 years ago

Played AMH at the Orlando show in November and loved it.
Played it a lot at TPF and loved it even more.
In baseball terms these guys have hit a Tripple.
Just some further code tweaks and some professional voice overs and it will be a Home Run pin at least for me. No offense intended to the people who did the voices as I know they are local people and it is great that they got to do this.
I and everyone in my family prefer this pinball over The Walking Dead.
Way to go Spooky.
Oh and the people in the booth were awesome to talk to.

As a tournament pin, the only rule that seems to need to be clearer is the Poison.
Hard to tell if you are not looking at the fine print on the DMD that you are even poisend. And the Cure shot, (We are still not sure how to completely cure the poison) could be better explained a bit.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just to be clear I stole that art from something, and the name came from RZ's comic book, I didn't actually draw anything. Was just a little fun mockup for my pitch thread.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just to be clear I stole that art from something, and the name came from RZ's comic book, I didn't actually draw anything. Was just a little fun mockup for my pitch thread.

Charlie stated that they were working with the license's official artist for the next title, so if it is Rob Zombie, something along the lines of Aurich's mockup should definitely be possible.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Can I pre-reserve game #666 please!!! ?

#161 4 years ago

I pulled the trigger on an AMH this weekend as well, I wanted to go to TPF but couldn't pull it off, I was originally hoping I could make it until Rocky Mountain Showdown but they definitely weren't going to last until then, excited to be in!

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I pulled the trigger on an AMH this weekend as well, I wanted to go to TPF but couldn't pull it off, I was originally hoping I could make it until Rocky Mountain Showdown but they definitely weren't going to last until then, excited to be in!

Good move. Looks like we have gone from 0 in the Denver area to at least 3.

Based on how quickly they sold this weekend, I'd be stunned if they aren't sold out before RMS.

Congrats.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Spooky's next pin is ROB ZOMBIE!

We asked Ben if it was Alice Cooper or Rob Zombie late Friday. He was very non-committal.

#164 4 years ago

We bought one for our route in Denver. I'll let everyone know where it ends up.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Coin mechs??

I kid I kid.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't know whether I should take it seriously or not. Bible adventures, really?

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pat Boone. Please!!

#168 4 years ago

Anyone in the Austin area planning on getting one of these? Anyone know if Pinballz may have picked one up?

#169 4 years ago

Congrats team spooky. You're proof that the American Dream is alive and well. Really cool on the jd research donation for anything above retail. A cause close to a few of us here. Keep up the good work. You guys deserve the accolades and more!

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

I'm shopping for a route use only amh, let me know it ever comes time to sell sell it!

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I'm shopping for a route use only amh, let me know it ever comes time to sell sell it!

Haha, ok will do

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Shaun of the Dead

I'd pee my pants on video for pinside if they made one of these.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're kicking yourselves now for pulling 150 out of a hat instead of 250

150 was probably the smartest thing they could have done to get the ball rolling without rolling out of control. I think that was a very wise decision IMHO.

#174 4 years ago

I'm impressed they were able to sell 25+ AMH at one show. Good for them. Long live Spooky.

#175 4 years ago

Rob Zombie would be an awesome theme as well. I'm sure it would kick some ass in sales.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Anyone in the Austin area planning on getting one of these? Anyone know if Pinballz may have picked one up?

The one in the booth is mine and is now home , you have an open invite to my house, as does most of the bcpc.

Pinballz did order one right after the show ended. He kept wavering and finally gave in right before spooky left.

Oh yeah, my money is on Elvira 3.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Oh yeah, my money is on Elvira 3.

From what I heard from Greg and Dennis, I hope you don't have too much money on this ...

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From what I heard from Greg and Dennis, I hope you don't have too much money on this ...

Maybe wishful thinking. ..

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

150 was probably the smartest thing they could have done to get the ball rolling without rolling out of control. I think that was a very wise decision IMHO.

They are probably very efficient and run with a very low overhead. It is probably better to work out all the design and production problems on a small run rather than something larger where there are too many problems to fix at once and every mistake cost you a lot of money. My family has a winery and most wineries lose money. Largely because they start with a super fancy setup and then get slowly bled to death with too much overhead. My guess, the big thing that they got from AFH would be that they got the process down well enough to keep the lights on.

#180 4 years ago

I would buy a Rob Zombie with question!

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Maybe wishful thinking. ..

I would love to see an Elvira 3. It just doesn't sound like there is anything active in the works any more. Dennis said she wants to do another game, but Cassandra's manager wanted more up front than one guy could do. I read that to mean that the idea was dead until a company stepped in to get the license.

#182 4 years ago

I was very impressed with AMH. A Rob Zombie pin would be nuts!

#183 4 years ago

Chuck and Kaytee are responding to emails in the order that they arrived, and will lock spots in the order of new deposits. They just got back today and only managed a few hours sleep so please have patience.

I'm fairly certain all spots are already spoken for. Keep in mind the last 11 aren't for sale yet - holding 10 for Australia and 1 for Expo Charity Auction. So it's really 139 total.

In the event we accidentally oversell we'd refund the deposit or put you on a "wait list" for unsold Australian units.

Again, thanks for all the support!

#184 4 years ago

Congrats on the success of your game, Ben. I'm excited that hopefully it will give you motivation for another kick at the can .

#185 4 years ago

That's awesome!

#186 4 years ago

Wow that's insanely awesome

#187 4 years ago

You...
are...
Sold...
Out... ?
-mof

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would buy a Rob Zombie with question!

What would the question be?

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Wow that's insanely awesome

Yes Ben and Chuck, it is awesome.

#190 4 years ago

Congrats Ben! If my post started a run on the bank (so to speak), sorry.
I know Charlie didn't want to have orders come in too much faster than he could build the games. But I hope it's a good problem to have.

I'm not going to worry one bit if my game takes more time to build/deliver than expected, and I suspect most who ordered this weekend feel the same. The game is clearly worth waiting for!

The Spooky team has already under promised and over delivered, so you have a lot of good will in the bank. And now you have a little more time to think about game 2 without having to worry about game 1 so much.

#191 4 years ago

I'm all in on a Rob Zombie pin. Great title!

#192 4 years ago

I first played AMH at the Ball Crawl 2014.

Damn fun pin.

Awesome job Spooky and company !

LTG : )

#193 4 years ago

If it's Rob Zombie, I'm in! Hell, I'll even be a worker minion just for fun!

Congrats on selling out AMH Spooky - that's awesome!

#194 4 years ago

Woah sold out already? That's pretty awesome. Great job Spooky!

#195 4 years ago

Played AMH at the Spooky booth and all I can say is WOW. ( Probably preaching to the choir here )
Shots were very satisfying - took a minute to get one up the right ramp, but it felt great to hit it. It's a fast game, cool dots, nice to be able to select your skill shot,
lighting is great, cab is cool, the callouts ( that I could hear over the rest of the hall ) were pretty funny.

Glad I finally got to play one and understand what all the excitement is about.
AND very glad that your excellent first effort is being recognized and rewarded with a sell-out.
I just hope one ends up nearby in Atlanta...

#196 4 years ago

wow they went fast i did sent email waiting for a replay. I think we well see more good pins coming from spooky

#197 4 years ago

Nice to see the game sold out!!! I can't wait to see what is next from Spooky pinball!!

#198 4 years ago

with all the drama in pinball lately its great to come here and see nothing but positive posts about great people doing amazing things to help keep pinball alive and thriving.

#199 4 years ago

Spooky is boutique pinball done right. If anyone wants to enter the boutique market, this is the model to follow. No gimmicks. No unfulfilled promises. No missed dates. No egos. No pre-order nonsense. Just a fun pinball machine that's made for you when you pay. Hassle free.

My favorite thing. They announced 1 game and made one game. Any coincidence that both boutiques that have failed were onto the next games before shipping #1.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

My favorite thing. They announced 1 game and made one game.

They actually have another game that was announced, it has been at shows but not in production at this point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Normal, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5,800.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.50
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside