(Topic ID: 122679)

First (of 30+) AMH sold at TPF (AMH sold out!)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0091.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
DSCF2800.JPG
DSCF3436.JPG
256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
spookyshow.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg
20150328_112552.jpg
IMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
image-652.jpg
image.jpg
yeah.gif
critic.gif
robinhood.gif
sprockets.gif
sally.gif
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 9 years ago

I'm in, just sent my payment. Can't wait!!

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My lips are sealed! But there have been some very educated guesses made already on these forums.

Elvira?

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is 100% about keeping your word.
I can't see any situation where they would even consider going back on their word.
Many people bought in because things feel at east somewhat safer when buying in to a limited run.
It would be an insult to go back on what you have promised to early supporters and that is very far from the spooky MO.

You know what's funny? Is that you can go back like 2 years ago and I said that Gary would remake certain games and you guys used the same argument that he would not do that or he would piss of those original LE owners.

So why would Spooky be any different? Money talks.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You know what's funny? Is that you can go back like 2 years ago and I said that Gary would remake certain games and you guys used the same argument that he would not do that or he would piss of those original LE owners.

Some people's word is more valuable than others.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Not sure what you are trying to say here? Gary still has not remade any LE titles or introduced new LE's, only Jack is guilty of that.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

And, what exactly has Stern remade that proves your point?

#107 9 years ago

Just finished at Texas Festival, and here is as good a place as any to say thanks to the whole Spooky gang. They made a lonely Aussie feel very welcome, and even fed me dinner one night. The work they put in, especially KT manning the booth, has resulted in an outstanding result. The lines for AMH were second only to TH and BBB, and after playing multiple games myself- one is definitely making it into my collection. Funny enough for the kids, deep enough for the pin heads, and an affordable price. A great combination has been reached. If you have one on order , you will love it-I have no doubt.

Thanks to all I met-even Brian- what a big soft charmer he is! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Not sure what you are trying to say here? Gary still has not remade any LE titles or introduced new LE's, only Jack is guilty of that.

Quoted from Aurich:

And, what exactly has Stern remade that proves your point?

OK this is true, so you guys are right. However, Gary has clearly remade games that were rising in price because he's a businessman and I am totally fine with that. However, it definitely lowered the price of the original games that were out there. My point was, Spooky's game is not an LE. They even say it right on their website. So, if Spooky makes more AMH then I wouldn't blame them. That was the only point I was trying to make.

#109 9 years ago

What's the best looking cabinet?

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

if Spooky makes more AMH then I wouldn't blame them.

From the sounds of it, they're going to have their hands full just getting the 150 done and out, and they want to get the ball rolling with title 2 which will likely keep them busy for the next year after that.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From the sounds of it, they're going to have their hands full just getting the 150 done and out, and they want to get the ball rolling with title 2 which will likely keep them busy for the next year after that.

True, sometimes in order to get a business off of the ground you have to first put out a product to gain customers and trust. Then once you have satisfied customers the business will grow and so on. I don't think this has been the approach of many other new pinball manufacturers. They first announce a game that they will produce 500+ of, ask for deposits, have long waits, etc. This might be a very good approach. They can always remake the game 5-8 years down the road if business is good and demand is there.

#112 9 years ago

Dammit.... Now I want one.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

They can always remake the game 5-8 years down the road if business is good and demand is there.

Spooky will not be doing that. 150 is it. They have made that clear. This is a really genuine limited run game.

They are being very smart IMHO.

Step 1 build and program a very solid game
Step 2 get it into people's hands and incentivize purchase with a strict limit
Step 3 sell 150 of them
Step 4 secure an awesome license for the next game in higher production

Anyone that has talked with anyone at the company realizes that they are big on their word and have a great work ethic. They will never make more than 150 AMH. Once it is done, it is done.

They have a very calculated approach to being a pinball manufacturer and they are far from greedy.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What's the best looking cabinet?

The newer art for sure. I was toying with having one side of the cabinet be the original art (apparently you can mix/match if you want), but after seeing it in person this weekend I'm pretty sure I'm just going to go with all newer.

It really is amazing how much better the game looks in person compared to photos. Can't explain it - maybe there's something Spooky going on - or maybe it's just me.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK this is true, so you guys are right. However, Gary has clearly remade games that were rising in price because he's a businessman and I am totally fine with that.

I'm not playing gotcha with you, I'm just genuinely confused by what you're trying to say.

Gary has remade games? I mean, there's Iron Man VE, but other than that what are you referring to? Are you counting MMr in there for some reason?

Edit: And to stay on topic, big congrats to Ben and Chuck and the whole Spooky team. You're kicking yourselves now for pulling 150 out of a hat instead of 250, but don't sweat it, your plans for the future are looking bright. This is just the beginning, and I wish you all the best and continued success.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Dammit.... Now I want one.

So order one and turn that into a

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Spooky will not be doing that. 150 is it. They have made that clear. This is a really genuine limited run game.
They are being very smart IMHO.
Step 1 build and program a very solid game
Step 2 get it into people's hands and incentivize purchase with a strict limit
Step 3 sell 150 of them
Step 4 secure an awesome license for the next game in higher production
Anyone that has talked with anyone at the company realizes that they are big on their word and have a great work ethic. They will never make more than 150 AMH. Once it is done, it is done.
They have a very calculated approach to being a pinball manufacturer and they are far from greedy.

Hey man, you should take your Predator money and get AMH. From the sound of it, you want more than a pin...you want to be an advocate for the boutique company you buy from. You defended Kevin to the very end, but I think you'd be a lot happier and more fulfilled if you got behind the right horse this time.

#118 9 years ago

I was one of those late night orders KT had on her phone. I have been on the fence about AMH since November and decided to up and pull the trigger last night. I'm buying blind as I have not played the game, but based on what I have seen through Pinside, YouTube and other sources, I am confident the game is solid. Charlie, KT, Ben and the whole Spooky crew are awesome. You guys laid a good foundation and it will be exciting to see what you can deliver in the years to come.

#119 9 years ago

Well, after being a the show for the weekend and talking to Ben, Charley, Brian, and the Spooky crew. I am pulling the trigger and going to be getting a AMH for my personal collection with the newer artwork. Walking around the show, I keep finding myself coming back to play AMH more and more. It's awesome to play a new released machine with a finished polished code. I'm sure there might be a tweak or two, but I love the shots, speed, humor, and deep rule set that this machine has to offer.

I talked to Charley about offering upgrades and mods for their machine. He was excited to see what I can come up with on AMH and was 100% behind me. Then playing some games with Randy from ColorDMD and Tim from Mezel mods. I got talking with Tim and we are going to be working together to offer some sweet upgrades to Spooky's AMH. More will come when I receive my machine. But from what we talked about its going to be crazy looking.

I also talked with Marty at Mirror blades, he already has Mirror blades to offer for AMH and had one set up in his booth. He HIGHLY RECOMMEND Spooky's crew for Excellent product and Outstanding customer service.

If your on the fence, I know it's still your decision, but these are going to sell out very soon and it's not an easy machine to beat, it's brutal.

All and all I had a Great time at TPF.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Well, after being a the show for the weekend and talking to Ben, Charley, Brian, and the Spooky crew. I am pulling the trigger and going to be getting a AMH for my personal collection with the newer artwork.

Just curious -- what is the "newer artwork" you mention? I'm aware of the blue artwork (single ghost with the spirals on the cab) and the green artwork (with the ghost hunters on the cab). Is there a new option out there?

#121 9 years ago

What newer artwork? Thanks

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not playing gotcha with you, I'm just genuinely confused by what you're trying to say.

I know you are not. There have been numerous Trons rerun, lots of ACDCs, and IMVE. I was more trying to point out the fact that there are many variations of Stern's games so it does lessen the collector's value to a point regardless if you have an LE. For example, I don't see METLEs going for $10K so what value is there really on having an LE? (I used METLE because in MHO it's the best Stern game ever made and I own it).

I think the real value, and not just saying this because I ordered, is having 1 of only 150 made of what looks to be a great machine. You just can't say that about Tron, MET, SM, IM, etc.

That was the point I was trying to make. You can put a plaque on a ham sandwich but it doesn't make it that much more valuable.

#123 9 years ago

Here's Marty's pimped out AMH. Has the mirror blades (with slots for the RGB) color-matched insert lights, UV lighting, extra spotlights and more!

IMG_20150327_173941584.jpgIMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
#124 9 years ago

Pretty sure they mean the Blue with the swirling ghosts.

#125 9 years ago

Im not a fan of the yellow powder coat but im sure there is a story behind it. I think white might look neat

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

What newer artwork? Thanks

Here's a few pictures that I have and I'm not going to offer the armor in yellow. You'll see soon

Steve
Pinball Refinery

20150328_112552.jpg20150328_112552.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg20150328_112556.jpg

#127 9 years ago

I really like the yellow armor. I'm not big on mirror blades tho.

I also would love to know what the 2 different artwork are being offered.

#128 9 years ago

I think I am going to do Lime Green wire forms.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Pretty sure they mean the Blue with the swirling ghosts.

Yes. The package that doesn't use photos of real people.

#130 9 years ago

to Ben and Spooky for some much deserved attention this weekend. Very cool to see.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Stern has $mil in fixed cost they have to cover with production units, they need games on the line all the time.
Spooky doesn't.
That's why Spooky is different. Why don't people get that simple point?

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

My point was, Spooky's game is not an LE. They even say it right on their website. So, if Spooky makes more AMH then I wouldn't blame them. That was the only point I was trying to make.

Sorry, bud. You really need to do your homework before you keep trying to educate people in this thread. Spooky has been pretty specific with their statements that they will never make more than 150 AMH machines.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Sorry, bud. You really need to do your homework before you keep trying to educate people in this thread. Spooky has been pretty specific with their statements that they will never make more than 150 AMH machines.

Dude, what are you talking about?? Just because I get a lot of thumbs down due to odd comments doesn't mean I'm just going to lay down and be insulted. When did I try and educate someone? I simply said that it would be enticing for a company to make more games if a profit was involved.

You might want to not just go out and blatantly insult someone you don't even know. I never said anything derogatory and apparently you missed my comment that I bought the game.

Did either of you read my retraction or do you just enjoy treating people like shit? I clearly made a note that what I wrote wasn't necessarily correct but both of you failed to respond to that post.

I put my money where my mouth is and bought the God damn machine morons.

#134 9 years ago

I played AMH at the TPF and thought it was an awesome game. I couldn't hear the sounds due to the show being loud but it was very fun. I think the game is much better in person than pictures make it appear. Would have played it more but we had to wait 15-20 min. to play it. I bought a spooky shirt afterwards!

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Buy the way, I'm not your bud.

I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it sport.

#136 9 years ago

In at TPF.Wasn't overwhelmedby the art but the gameplay is great. The opportunity to play around with the sounds and voices could be fun. The dedication to creating great software for the game sold it.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Dude, what are you talking about?? Just because I get a lot of thumbs down due to odd comments doesn't mean I'm just going to lay down and be insulted. When did I try and educate someone? I simply said that it would be enticing for a company to make more games if a profit was involved.

You might want to not just go out and blatantly insult someone you don't even know. I never said anything derogatory and apparently you missed my comment that I bought the game.

Did either of you read my retraction or do you just enjoy treating people like shit? I clearly made a note that what I wrote wasn't necessarily correct but both of you failed to respond to that post.

I put my money where my mouth is and bought the God damn machine morons.

I'm not sure why you edited your post, or why you felt the need to pm me bragging about your career. I truly did not mean to be insulting and I'm sorry you took it that way. It never crossed my mind for a second that you would. I was just pointing out what Spooky has stated multiple times, including on their website. You seemed to be suggesting they were vague about it or that their word didn't mean much.

#138 9 years ago

Oh yea, and congratulations on picking up an AMH. I hope you enjoy it.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It really is amazing how much better the game looks in person compared to photos. Can't explain it - maybe there's something Spooky going on - or maybe it's just me.

Same thing happened with me. Never thought I would want the game and then I saw it in person and played it and that made me a convert.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm not sure why you edited your post, or why you felt the need to pm me bragging about your career. I truly did not mean to be insulting and I'm sorry you took it that way. It never crossed my mind for a second that you would. I was just pointing out what Spooky has stated multiple times, including on their website. You seemed to be suggesting they were vague about it or that their word didn't mean much.

I'll agree that my PM maybe came off as a bit self centered and egotistical. That being said, how did you not think that the statement: "Sorry, bud. You really need to do your homework before you keep trying to educate people in this thread." WASN'T going to come off as insulting??

That is why I sent you the PM.

In terms of me suggesting that they were vague about their word, why would I buy the game then? Why would I be here? Of course, you didn't bother to read the post where I actually put down the deposit and the other posts where I corrected myself. NO. You just felt good today by trying to make me look like shit.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK this is true, so you guys are right. However, Gary has clearly remade games that were rising in price because he's a businessman and I am totally fine with that. However, it definitely lowered the price of the original games that were out there. My point was, Spooky's game is not an LE. They even say it right on their website. So, if Spooky makes more AMH then I wouldn't blame them. That was the only point I was trying to make.

The difference is Stern never put a limit on any past non LE games and has a long standing track record of doing multiple runs on games even years apart. Spooky has come out and said we are doing 150 and that's it. I don't see them changing their stance on this.

#142 9 years ago

I bought amh today. Was very impressed with it after many games on it in the tourney. Kayte told me 150 only. I believed her totally. Fun, campy, fast! There will be zero left after Midwest gaming classic. When the masses play it, the masses like it! Get off the fence if u r perched.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The difference is Stern never put a limit on any past non LE games and has a long standing track record of doing multiple runs on games even years apart. Spooky has come out and said we are doing 150 and that's it. I don't see them changing their stance on this.

Yes, long standing is right. They have been putting non-LE titles back on the line since 2002 when they re-ran Sega South Park as a Stern. Standard procedure for them. Only thing new about Iron Man was the "special" Vault designation.

I imagine if Spooky keeps doing things right they will continue to have more than enough demand to stay busy so they won't have to revisit titles. Plus by the time they finish the 150 AMH's they will have been building them for over 2 years, I'm sure they wouldn't want to see another one on the line ever.

#144 9 years ago

I've heard Ben share his enthusiasm over the Evil Dead before... I think.

#145 9 years ago

Ben said it is has a music theme.

#146 9 years ago

Verging on exhaustion in the back of the car while KT drives and Pauly B. Co-pilots, heading back to WI. Can't thank everyone enough for the kind words and support. This weekend was absolutely overwhelming...

Ben and I agreed to 150 AMH's... And we mean it. Period. Done at 150. No more for any reason.

As Ben mentioned, because so many people were after game #150, we've decided to auction it off later this year (probably Expo). We'll start the bidding $1000 below retail ($4995) and everything it makes above that is going to a children's charity (juvinile diabetes research).

Still lots of work to do... We know that. Time to hire another minion or two so we dont fall behind.

To Ed and everyone at Texas Pinball Festival... Awesome job, and incredible show! We will be back next year!

Sleep... Come get me.

#147 9 years ago

Safe travels Charlie!

#148 9 years ago

Had a great time playing AMH at TPF this weekend. Probably the most memorable game for me of the weekend, and also heard a lot of positive reviews from others at the show. The game played fast with good flow, and it felt like a deep mode-based game.

I couldn't hear everything going on in the game but there were definitely some funny animations and callouts... "That didn't completely suck." Enjoyed the smoking doctor ghost and some weird creepy fondling ghost.

I look forward to seeing some of the mods/upgrades Tim and Hemi come up with for the game. There were a lot of ideas being tossed around but it was hard to hear them all because Bryan Kelly wouldn't shut the f* up.

Congrats to Spooky for a great show!

#149 9 years ago

I was honored to meet Charlie, KT and Pauly B from the Spooky team. There are a wonderful and friendly team that have beat the odds and made a very cool pinball machine for the lucky ones that will get in on this.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I've heard Ben share his enthusiasm over the Evil Dead before... I think.

Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ben said it is has a music theme.

Spooky's next pin is ROB ZOMBIE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-amh-sold-at-tpf/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.