(Topic ID: 122679)

First (of 30+) AMH sold at TPF (AMH sold out!)

By jfh

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 316 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0091.JPG
DSCF0389.JPG
DSCF2800.JPG
DSCF3436.JPG
256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
spookyshow.jpg
20150328_112556.jpg
20150328_112552.jpg
IMG_20150327_173941584.jpg
image-652.jpg
image.jpg
yeah.gif
critic.gif
robinhood.gif
sprockets.gif
sally.gif
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 9 years ago

Ok, I'm officially off the fence. Played AMH this morning and again in the tournament and decided to order one.

Had a nice conversation with Charlie at the Spooky booth and it was a pleasure to talk with someone down to earth and quietly passionate about what he does.

Running a small business is hard; running a small pinball business is 100x harder, but it seems they get it and are positioned for the long haul with a planned mix of both original theme and licensed games with a target of building a game a day and (eventually) a new title a year, though that won't be for a while.

My original impression of AMH was that it was somewhat of a simple game, but that changed after some game play. I don't know all the rules yet, but the game is light years from where it was at Expo 13 and it's pretty obvious that Ben is committed to really fine tuning the code.

The playfield looks better in person than in pictures - some say the PF art isn't "polished" enough, but I disagree. There's still something about the callouts that don't seem quite right, but being somewhat campy, they fit right in with the art and overall look of the game. I get the concerns about lighting, but they seem easy enough to address. Ben, Charlie and the team mixed the right levels of campiness, cheesiness and original art to transform Ghost Hunters into America's Most Haunted.

My biggest problem with the game is that I don't know where I'm going to put it - something will have to be sold by the end of summer to make room. But I'm glad to be part of the Spooky family and support a company that is now the front runner in the bootique (!) pinball business - no games, no BS, no stupid PR moves or taking customers or potential customers for granted.

If you are at TPF and on the fence - go play the game and talk to Kaytee and the folks at the booth. I really do think the last 40 games will sell out fairly quickly.

(4/12/15 update: AMH is now sold out!; there are 10 reserved for Austrailia, and the 150th game will be auctioned for charity. Additional requests may be honored if all games reserved for Austrailia do not sell)

#2 9 years ago

What were these priced at? $6500?

#3 9 years ago

P.S. Played WNBJM. If you're going to spend $6k on a game, poor Nellie doesn't fare well compared to the ghosts ...

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

What were these priced at? $6500?

$6000 + shipping.

#6 9 years ago

You won't be sorry

#7 9 years ago

Played AMH a few weeks ago. Thought it was really good. I love the pf layout! Didn't get too far into the game to get any meaningful understanding of the rules, but based on what I saw I wouldn't consider it overly simple in the rules department at all.

Congrats on the purchase!

#8 9 years ago

And if you order now, you'll be entered into a random drawing to win a free power tool with your cabinet!

#9 9 years ago

lmao Hope mine comes with dewalt.

#10 9 years ago

I've been wanting to put down my order for one. Emailed Kayte yesterday but haven't gotten a response yet. Hoping I can get in line for one soon so I can get an earlier shipping date!

Also congrats on your purchase!

#11 9 years ago

pics or it didn't happen!

#12 9 years ago

Congrats!
Wanna sell me time machine?

#13 9 years ago

The game is amazing. Very deep rule set. A ton of fun. Charlie, Ben and everyone involved did an amazing job. They have been very supportive with any issues I have had. The build quality is amazing. The powder coating color and finish is sweet. I have played quite a few games and the playfield is holding up great. A nice clear finish. This morning I finished three modes. Not a easy task. Took over 15 minutes. Scored a nice 60M. Recomend the game. Get one while you can!! remember limited to 150 games!!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

pics or it didn't happen!

I'll go back and get a picture with KT or Charlie, but here is what I have for now:
image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 9 years ago

By the way, I found the game to look quite a bit better in person than it does in pictures. Not saying it looks like crap in pics, but things like the trim look much nicer in person.

#16 9 years ago

Similarly, the GI looks fine in person, though I don't know if that was an adjustment made in the workshop after the initial GI complaints or what.

#17 9 years ago

That's awesome, congratulations. This is at the top of my list but I'm afraid I won't be able to purchase before they sell out. Hoping their #2 is awesome!

#18 9 years ago

Their #2 is just a retheme (licensed) of their zombies pin which has been seen already..

#19 9 years ago

^^ Sure about that?

#20 9 years ago

Translite reminds me of 80b games.

#21 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#22 9 years ago

Check out game with topper. I have really nice lighting in the room. This makes the game look real cool.

20150311_074253.jpg20150311_074253.jpg 20150312_062636.jpg20150312_062636.jpg
#23 9 years ago

Pic

20150312_062636.jpg20150312_062636.jpg
#24 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Their #2 is just a retheme (licensed) of their zombies pin which has been seen already..

I don't think that's the plan.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

that is not correct.

They have a license for #2 but the game will not be exactly what was previously seen at MCG 2014. I am sure as it develops there will be some pretty sizable changes. Charlie recently made a post to this effect.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I don't think that's the plan.

To be fair that is what Chuck basically said at one point, so he's not wrong.

But since then there have been ideas floated that the layout might evolve. The theme will be worth the extra work.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The theme will be worth the extra work.

That it will.

#28 9 years ago

This was the most recent comment from Charlie, so it sounds like they are not going with the original playfield design.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Gonna focus on getting AMH sold out and made, then we'll announce officially what's happening on game #2. Gonna be a little while. Sorry guys! Probably late summer / early fall.

We've got a chance to make this really cool, and we're re-thinking lots of stuff. I liked the wild randomness of the original game, but it needs to be better. We can mix great shots with crazy... just don't want it to be yet another "fan" layout, but I know we need to keep some flow as well.

#29 9 years ago

Ben mentioned in another thread, he has sold 10 more AMH at the TPF. Sold 115, only 35 left. It maybe a sell out by Sunday's closing! Congrats to those who are in!

I'm glad I got in 3 months ago. Can 't wait!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Ben mentioned in another thread, he has sold 10 more AMH at the TPF. Sold 135, only 35 left. It maybe a sell out by Sunday's closing! Congrats to those who are in!
I'm glad I got in 3 months ago. Can 't wait!

(Sold 115) = 35 left.
-mof

#31 9 years ago

Even those not at TPF can still get your orders in, just send Kayte an email. Got mine in yesterday and am glad I did, especially now hearing how fast they're selling at TPF.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

(Sold 115) = 35 left.
-mof

Fixed... Thanks!

#33 9 years ago

Go Soooky!

#34 9 years ago

From what I hear talking to Ben this morning if you're on the fence you better get off fast, the rest of the slots may not survive TPF.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

From what I hear talking to Ben this morning if you're on the fence you better get off fast, the rest of the slots may not survive TPF.

TPF is just what AMH needed to sell out the remaining spots: exposure. After experiencing AMH for myself, I knew it would sell out quickly once more people had the chance to see and play it!

#36 9 years ago

If they are up to 10 sold, then that's 4 in the last two hours alone!

Constant lines at the booth to play too ...

They may get to 150 faster than planned.

#37 9 years ago

#38 9 years ago

Thanks for all the kind comments!

Game #2 is the zombie table with some changes and a licensed theme. Not sure when Chuck is announcing the theme.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Game #2 is the zombie table with some changes and a licensed theme. Not sure when Chuck is announcing the theme.

Or Charlie doesn't know when you will announce the theme.

#40 9 years ago

My lips are sealed! But there have been some very educated guesses made already on these forums.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If it's Shaun of the Dead or Left 4 Dead you guys may just have me on order for another game :p (assuming my wallet can take that level of beating).

#42 9 years ago

Fun game with cool DOTs. I'd like to get a chance to play one with newer software. I played it in November...

Congrats on the purchase!

#43 9 years ago

Army of Darkness!

#44 9 years ago

Yeah, Shaun of the Dead please. Following pin could then be Hellboy. {"shut up and take my money" is heard from the pre-order crowd}. Fortunately Spooky plays by the right set of rules ... build it first, they will come second. Excited to hear the theme, whatever it may be.

#45 9 years ago

I would kill for an Army of Darkness machine, but my best guess at this point is Rob Zombie. Charlie is a fan and Rob is a pinball collector.

#46 9 years ago

Looks like they will be working nights and weekends at the Spooky factory for the next 6 months!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So no zombies?

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My lips are sealed! But there have been some very educated guesses made already on these forums.

Rob Zombie!? Then I will be left with no other choice than to order it...

... Can I use my Predator preorder vapor-money as Voucher?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yeah, Shaun of the Dead please. Following pin could then be Hellboy. {"shut up and take my money" is heard from the pre-order crowd}. Fortunately Spooky plays by the right set of rules ... build it first, they will come second. Excited to hear the theme, whatever it may be.

I will neither confirm nor deny any guesses, so don't read anything into my replies.

Shaun of the Dead would be a great theme. It was over the top and legit as far as zombie films go, but full of humor too. Personally I like humor in my games, if it's done right.

I totally understand why Chuck wouldn't want to compete with a zombie theme against TWD though. Hard to go toe to toe with the big manufacturer, better to carve out your own niche.

As for Hellboy, I was just thinking the other day what a great license that would be. But only if Mike Mignola draws the playfield. How great would his style look screened onto a game?

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would kill for an Army of Darkness machine

I was pulling for Spooky to do that at one point too. I know Ben and I talked about it. Same as Shaun of the Dead, horror theme, but with humor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-amh-sold-at-tpf/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.