7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

4 Square would have my interest but (as somebody in the middle of all of this) I'm a bit worried following all of those other threads! I think it turned me off from buying a little, and I'm sure others feel the same. Also not looking forward to hearing the price.

Agree fully. Was interested. Not anymore. I'm even in Virginia where the stash is located. After seeing the descent into chaos that 5 different threads have become will just sit back and watch with popcorn at my side. If I get lucky Lloyd will drive over grab the lot from PA and then post so I can see if I want any at maybe a $100 premium but with my sanity left intact.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am not going to waste any more time on the haters. The purpose of this post was to invite anyone local over Thursday to get a look at things while we were finishing up getting stuff ready to sell.
As far as the High Speed goes - that was sold to a friend of mine that emailed and said he wanted it. He is a buyer not a picture collector and those are the people I want to be deal with!
This entire thing is not all that hard to understand - I am trying to sell off a bunch of machines quickly to make room for more I need to pick up. Nothing more & nothing less.

Hater ? No definitely not that. Disappointed ? Yes for sure. Look you seem like a decent guy from everyone that has commented on dealing with you before, but simply put you built this mess in the first place. Then you doubled down by answering every negative comment with some degree of indignation. If you spent every hour that you used over the past week typing out comments on pinside and instead put all of that into putting up even two pins with actual pictures and actual prices on them you would have saved the total sh*t storm you are now experiencing. If you had just posted in the marketplace - like every other person who has ever sold on here - you would have similarly not suffered any flack. Instead, you posted a thread that said I have alot of pins and I want to do good things for the community - which some of us (myself included) foolishly believed when every indication now was that this has been a vanity thread all along. And then when you kept getting knocked up the side of the head from some people that kept asking for two things (prices / pictures), then you started getting more and more belligerent in your responses (as did everyone else out of exasperation about how someone could type so much as say so little in pages upon pages of replies). No sir, whether you want to acknowledge this or not (and I am assuming its "or not"), this one and what transpired lays entirely at your doorstep. No harm done to anyone, but hopefully the social wrath you are harvesting here - even from supporters - will finally convince you the error of your ways. As I said you will undoubtedly put some pins back into circulation that you do not have time to get to yourself. Overall I applaud the anti-hording and the ability to make some people quite happy. But how you went about ? Wow there has been no bigger trainwreck in my time on pinside.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I was on the side of the OP, for a while. But right now I am just happy 4 or 5 of the threads about this fiasco have been locked. The only people treating the OP with kid gloves are the ones hoping to get a deal. This is a hoarder being forced to sell and he wants every penny he can get.
It started off with "A guy with a bunch of pins says I am the only one he will deal with and I just brought home the first 14 pins"
Now he says "How can I put a price on pins folded up in my garage for the past 3 years I have not looked at"
He also said "Nothing will be for sale until I am ready to do this in batches and no one cuts in line"
Now he says "High Speed is sold and I am setting up appointments for the others"
Sorry, but who the heck posts a "kind of for sale" ad to Craigslist? "I'm going to sell, you don't get information, don't contact me".
The above was paraphrasing not actual quotes. Did I get that story wrong? This has been a long drinking weekend but that is what I remember.
Good luck with anyone dealing with this mess. After the first person walks away from the garage please post what happens. If you think you might want a game from a future "batch" and don't wan to upset him just send one of us the basics about price and condition and we will post the outcome.
This whole thing started off sounding cool but now we are watching the train wreck. (insert appropriate picture or animated gif here)

Well said ! I think you nailed it here. If you've ever watched American Pickers you can see this particular seller archetype multiple times. Its not going to be pretty. Why does nothing have a price ? Because if it did then someone might actually buy it. If you just have someone come over and look at your pins (which is what this has turned into), you can decide whenever anyone is interested in one to make the price just high enough that they aren't interested anymore and you can say "I tried to sell but no one was buying because they wanted a steal !". Then the next chapter will unfold. Eventually Lloyd will come along and clean up the mess. I have to say it took a while to figure out what was going on here ... there was a really good effort to disguise this all as something else.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm going to have to flag this response as much to logical for this forum. I think the guy is pre-selling games he doesn't have.

That's probably part of the issue here. Large find of pins. Family telling him there are too many pins already in possession. Desire on his part to at least take part in brokering this deal, can be seen as a good guy. But it's probably not an minor sum of money to outlay for all these games. Find a bunch of people to commit to buying them to justify the time, effort, and cash outlay. Dismay when people start going after him, when in his mind all he is doing is trying to help the community. The thread became the messy inside ones own head, but now out loud thought process that everyone goes thru but usually not in public. But previous supporters like myself aren't going after him because I'm not getting a good deal. We are complaining because what his original stated motives were and what has transpired since don't match up. Occam's razor favors the more likely explanations put forth by others than what he OP initial claims were. Could still be wrong and if this all eventually turns around then fantastic. But ain't holding my breath here that any of this will come to fruition. The only good outcome here will be another notch on the "best of pinside" threads.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

If I was Acebathhound, I would have a respectful conversation with my Dad and recommend that he hits the eject button.
I'm guessing Lloyd is reading this.

I mean really that would probably be the best outcome for both the OP sanity and the community. Yeah some of those pins would fly off to Australia and Europe in Lloyd's hands but at least they'd do something other than sit in a dusty warehouse somewhere. Would I be stoked if I ran into the mother lode of pins ? Hell yes ! But then reality would set in and I would realize the massive and overwhelming job of dispensing with them. And if I have to dispense I had better get paid to make it worth my time. Reality is that this is a hobby while that is actual work. There's a reason there are people like Lloyd who have this as a full time job.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pookycade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-14-machines-for-sale-in-carlisle-pa-new-year-information?tu=pookycade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.